• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Hematite [G-PG]

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    Name: Pokemon Hematite

Hack of: Fire Red (U)

Introduction:

Be warned this is my first documented attempt at hacking. I was guided along this path by a friend of mine who wants a scripter in the group (since no one knows how to do so). I also tend not to change a lot of things to begin with and I do plan on changing the sprites for the professor and both the hero and heroine once we get spriters on it. I'm way too cautious when it comes to changing maps (I don't want to screw up too many events until I can get someone to change them).

Storyline so far...

You live in a small peaceful town near the foothills of a mountain. Again, very peaceful. It's your tenth birthday, the day that you'd get your starter had your mother not forbid you to become a trainer. So it's just an ordinary day. You're pouting over the fact that your mother doesn't want you to get a pokemon and you get an e-mail. It's from the professor that lives in Liliac town: Professor Fern. As soon as you reach Fern's Lab, the only aide she has tells you that a group of uniformed men took the professor and she left a note telling the aide to let you choose a starter.

So you choose a starter and another guy walks in, demanding a starter as well. He takes what your starter's weak against and demands that you battle him. After you beat him, he is obviously mad and believes that the pokemon he chose was so pathetic that he needs more pokemon to take you on. So, he takes off and the aide explains what these people look like. He also advises you to take the League Challenge.

You go outside and you hear that guys wearing similar uniforms went towards your home. You return home and found out that your mom disappeared.

on the other side of a tunnel is a town which is blocked by grunts of Team ___. They say that the town is evil because it pours pollutants into the nearby river. After battling you, they take off. You enter Russet City, seeing that the gym is blocked off by similar grunts but they won't challenge you. Two of three roads (including the way you came) is not blocked. You go to the other road, which takes you to the dam. Once you get there, the dam office has been taken over and you have to beat everyone there, including an Admin, Jessica. Once you beat Jessica, she leads all the soldiers back out and tells her soldiers that the dam wasn't what they were looking for anyways.

Back at the city, you can now battle the gym and go on to the next town. Sounds easy, doesn't it? A winding route leads you to Chartreuse Forest, which you have to defeat to get the next badge. In the middle of the forest, you hit the second snag. It's barricaded by members of that organization you faced at the dam.

Features:
    Headbutt trees*
    All 386 pokemon and maybe a few 4th gen ones
    New Region
    New Storyline
    New bad guys
    Begin with a Johto Starter!
    *denotes if we can coerce a scripter to implement such a feature

Team:
    Me- Mapper, writer
    Akio123- emotional support, mapper(haven't heard from since I lost the net)
    Boyfriend- lousy mapper
    Gizel -spriter (same as Akio)
    LusterKnight - spriter (ditto)

Screenshots:
    Pokemon Hematite [G-PG]

Pokemon Hematite [G-PG]

Pokemon Hematite [G-PG]

Credits
    None yet....

Last edited:

SerenadeDS

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2013
    Great! Looks awsome!

If you need a mapper! Im your guy! Im a REALLY good mapper! Perfect with events and while nnont messing anything up. PM me if you want help...

Great Job! Looks interssting..

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Gregora, we are doing a great job(I'm the mapper/friend for emotional support). We really need a scripter and a couple more mappers. Also let's not forget Gizel(Spriter) and LusterKnight(Other spriter).

Last edited:

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
    Years
  • Gregora, we are doing a great job(I'm the mapper/friend for emotional support). We really need a scripter and a couple more mappers. Also let's not forget Gizel(Spriter) and LusterKnight(Other spriter).

Clear out the entire map before making your own map.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Yeah that crossed my mind that we should just delete the map and do soemthing else.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • Looking good! I love your story and screenies but I do have something to say.

Are you sure you wanna hack Emerald? Sure, it has the Battle Frontier and other features but not many tools are fully compatible with it and hexing can get really complex sometimes. Also, in my opinion, R/S/E tilesets aren't exactly the best looking out there. Just some food for thought.

Your screenies look good except the fact that every house is the same. They are all made up of Birch's Lab tiles. Change some regular houses to the player's house tiles and it should look better.

Again, good luck! This hack looks promising and I hope you succeed!

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    I did clear the entire town and put in houses. As it is, some events are a little...off.
    It was the decision of the group to hack Emerald. I originally wanted to do ruby or sapphire (just because of the clock feature). I was thinking about using FR/LG tiles if I knew how to insert them (fond of the tiles of said games).

However, I don't know how much I can put into this because as of yesterday, I'm taking care of a kitten that her mom didn't want because she was the runt. She's currently a little sick and very undernourished. As well as very clingy. Her illness is something that makes her eyes seal shut due to mucus. So we have to wash her face a lot. Some people think that she's anywhere from 2-3 months old (which is very young), but we're feeding her meat flavored baby food (which a vet over the phone told us to feed her).

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    ok, judging by what we know so far of the mom, I'm gonna say she has letting-go issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • This looks pretty good, from a first glance it looked the same as the other hacks out there, but upon reading further I noticed a very nice plot. Good job! Please continue your efforts!

Icedragons

Apollo the future sun god.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2008
    This hack does sound promissing, and, the first impression is the best impression.Good luck

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    Don't get me wrong, I have no intention to give up on this. It's just that I won't be able to do as much as other people who gets to be on a computer 24/7. I plan on doing at least one update a week.

.: Update :.
    The team's talking about going to Fire Red or Sapphire. Why? Sapphire/Ruby has more stuff to use than Emerald. Heck, even Fire Red has more than Emerald. I'm currently looking at rom bases to add to the rom. I'm also working on a better version of the first town.

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
    Years
  • Sounds grea... NO, wait...
    it sounds interresting, BUT:
    1.How is the dark team called? (if it´s a secret, you don´t have to tell^^)
    2.It´s a bit strange, because your mom was kidnapped and all you think about is:"where do I get the next badge?". weeeeeeeird...
    3. The prof. is in each Pokémon game one of the main-charrs, so you have to save her early in the game, or am I wrong?

that´s all so far, except by one thing: man, listen to your mother. DON´T TAKE THE POKÉBALL!!!^^

GodSaurus

Rock hard all night, baby
    Years
  • I'll give an advice: do not save images as .jpg. That makes them to look blurry. Use gif or png instead.

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
  • I'll give an advice: do not save images as .jpg. That makes them to look blurry. Use gif or png instead.

JPGEs is a great format for large iages such as screenshots and photographs, it only looks bad depending on if you save your image in a high compression.

But i am guessing your talking about saving from mspaint, in that case save them in PNG format.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I agree, this DOES look good. At this point, I'd like to bring up the mom's letting-go issues.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    @ BlackDragonite
    1. I'll let you know when I decide.
    2. You get urged on by others, mainly the dark team, as you put it.
    3. She gets replaced, but you still find her near the end of the game.

@ GodSaurus
    I can only save as paint will allow me.

@ Zure
    Thanks for the advice. I will do so from now on.

@ Birthofdna
    That is covered in the game. I'd hate to spoil the surprise. :P

Well, we got more things decided as far as execution-wise (and I've been expanding the storyline in my head a bit).
    We've decided to use Fire Red, so I'll update the first post.

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
    Years
  • If you want your screenshots to look non-JPEG'd, just upload them to Imageshack.us. it automatically transfers .bmps into .png format. And, the hack looks pretty good so far, but you may want to change the ordinary houses so they don't all look like mini-labs. And from what I'm reading, this evil team is pretty much going to stop you off regularly and siege towns and routes? And, if you want help I can Script, Sprite, and do some Tiles. You seem to have the latter 2 already, so it'd be pretty pointless otherwise, huh? >>;

Back