• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon HG/SS Soundtrack Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
    i actually like what they did to ecruteak's music. it gives me oriental-ish feeling.. xD violet city's theme is also quite good though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    What exactly is the link in the first post?
    It's like 800+MB, so I want to know what it is before I download.
    Is it the actual CD soundtrack (doubtful)? Or something else?

I think I'll wait for a CD rip. GS+HG/SS music altogether = fantastic.

I think GSC had my favorite music anyway. I've been YouTubin this a lot, too. :D

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    It is the soundtrack. There's nearly 300 tunes in there (including the GSC music via the GB Player), after all, hence the size. XD

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Ah dang dang dang dang... Dang, I'm NEVER gonna be able to fill this post with all my feelings for the music in this game. I've been flying around at YouTube for weeks and I just want more and more and... (I really have got to stop drinking coffee in the evening :\) Well AAARRGGHHHHH, No-one who weren't there in the beginning will EVER understand the love of these fantastic remakes of the old 8-bit ones!

OK, let's get serious...

My number one fav track in GS was Dark cave/Ice cave. It was just like "Sweeeet, dark base and catchy progress!" I heard the new one recently and... Well, actually, it felt kinda failed at the first glance. Anyone who have heard the theme probably recognize this feeling. They made it more like dip-drops, bipping and bopping between the rocks creating an ...awesome feeling of mystic and... Caveness? Yeah, that's right, can't get enough of it now ^^'

Battle-music (all of them): Me LOVEEEEEE. No more to say about that, I just sit here with Lugias new theme in my ears all the time... "I'm aggressive and mysterious, and you just made me pissed :cer_pissed:..." That is what that song says. Seriously.

I can't say enough of this. I think I'll just jump into my bed and die or something. So. Awesome. Ahhhhhh...

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    My opinion is the same as when the first HGSS Pokémon Sunday update was shown, I don't like the music much at all.

I really dislike the instruments, I really really dislike the instruments. It's like they tried to make their music sound orchestrated, but the instruments are terrible.

So far, I'm not particularly fond of any of the remixes. My least favorite is definitely Goldenrod City. My best friend agrees with me, it does not fit the city at all.

New Bark Town is pretty bad as well, it sounds just like something out of D/P/Pt.

It's going to take a lot of time for me to get used to this soundtrack.

Man, if you had a different user name, I could almost swear you were my brother. XD I really have to agree. I'm really unsatisfied with the remixes. It takes me several moments to realize what song I'm listening to. The intros are really superfluous as well as most of the rest of the song. Goldenrod was almost unrecognizable to me. The bike music was pretty close to the original, but you barely tell that it's a remix of Goldenrod.

I think the Violet City/Olivine Theme bothered me the most. It wasn't a terrible remix, but it had too long of a pause between the intro and the rest of the song. It also sounded like it was dragging horribly or completely off beat. Being a band person, that killed me a little bit inside.

I the rival music isn't half bad. I'm not listening to the rest of the music because I want to hear the rest of it when I get the actual game.

I am in love with your signature pic. ❤

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    The music in Ice Cave is amaaaaaazing. Seriously. I got goosebumps when I first heard it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2009
    Just awesome that they made a remix from route 101! The R/S/E songs always were my favourite.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    It is the soundtrack. There's nearly 300 tunes in there (including the GSC music via the GB Player), after all, hence the size. XD
    I never realized it had been so much until now. Nearly 300 tunes on the soundtrack is a lot, I mean including the original music thanks to the GB Player was a great additional feature and made it all the better. Regardless, definitely great remixes this time around, it brings all feeling into the gameplay for sure. Like mentioned by Luke Sr. Ice Cave gives you the chills, but the battle music in the Frontier brings in the heat of the battle.

MiloticLover

~<3 Milotic Gen V!
    Years
    Just 3 words to say: OH MY GOD!!! I didn't think the music would be that awsome... until I heard the Ecruteak City theme. Some of the music wasn't as good as I'd expected like the Pallet Town theme, but I still enjoy them.
    I love the beginning of Cherrygrove, Ecruteak, Azalea. :D
    For the Lavender Town... I got goosebumps when I first heard it, but later I loved it

Anyway... Do anybody here play HG/SS on Desmume emulator? You can rip the music very easily with the WAV Record option, but the file size is a bit too high (1411kbps) However, it sounds exactly the same as if it were in the game :), sometimes even better quality.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    Haha, I did that too, but my emulator takes up so much memory on my poor little laptop that it kinda makes everything else lag :x. But that's okay, I can just use the soundtrack or youtube :)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    ^Youtube is my number one place for listening to the new soundtrack as well as the original. Luckily I don't have much lag on my computer so I get to hear it all without much interruption. Regardless, I love the new music, but when I listen more to the original soundtrack it just takes me back. I expect the samething to happen in the next ten or so years when I decide to replay the new soundtrack on Youtube and then get caught up in the good days when I play my main SoulSilver game.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    I've fallen in love with the Viridian Forest Music..
    It's a lovely piece.
    I can't really explain it.
    It's really relaxing..
    Other Pieces I've fallen in love with are National Park and Dark Cave/Ice Path.
    I absolutely love this game's soundtrack. They did such a great job with it.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I just noticed now that the three dogs all have different BGMs.
    Derp.

Love the Entei version the best, especially the part with the piano.

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    Even if it's not the best quality, it still gives us an idea, and I like what I hear :P. I'll probably like sit in a town for 5 minutes just listening to the music once I actually get the game, lol.

True that, sister. I've only heard a bit but I liked it. I hope Gamefreak DOES release an official soundtrack soon.

Just 3 words to say: OH MY GOD!!! I didn't think the music would be that awsome... until I heard the Ecruteak City theme. Some of the music wasn't as good as I'd expected like the Pallet Town theme, but I still enjoy them.
    I love the beginning of Cherrygrove, Ecruteak, Azalea. :D
    For the Lavender Town... I got goosebumps when I first heard it, but later I loved it

Anyway... Do anybody here play HG/SS on Desmume emulator? You can rip the music very easily with the WAV Record option, but the file size is a bit too high (1411kbps) However, it sounds exactly the same as if it were in the game :), sometimes even better quality.

This is where you use an MP3 encoder to make it much smaller without losing much quality.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    I don't like game rips track. But from the Games, I love the music. IMO it was well done!

Obi-Wan Jerkobi

Great Party!
    Years
    Music is 100% perfect. Although I like the idea of putting in a key item to change the soundtrack back to the original chiptunes version! :)

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Listening to the music while playing the game in front of you gives you a different opinion on the music as opposed to listening to it on youtube.

Sounds much better in-game.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Music is 100% perfect. Although I like the idea of putting in a key item to change the soundtrack back to the original chiptunes version! :)
    The GB Player really kicked it up a notch for HeartGold and SoulSilver's sountrack. It brought back the original tunes, though some say wityh slight alteration. However, it only falls in that players can only obtain it later within the game rather than near beginning or mid-gameplay [other than hacking of course]. Regardless, a nice extra for the new soundtrack, that's for sure.

Listening to the music while playing the game in front of you gives you a different opinion on the music as opposed to listening to it on youtube.

Sounds much better in-game.
    This is true, listening to a soundtrack, but not physically playing the game with the music around can make a difference in how one defines how well a sountrack may be. For others however, this can be said differently, but I still say before discriminating the new soundtrack it is better off to play the game with the music to determine how well it was done remixed, and retuned in the remake.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back