• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Hidden Depths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Thanks again for the comments guys.
    Umbreon - Thanks, I can't believe I missed that.
    Maximo - SaintBeast does all the Pokemon designs and he has them all concept drawn already so I don't think it'll change.
    Here's a screen of one of those ice type puzzles you always get in RPG's. It's a bit bigger than usual Pokemon puzzles to make it a little bit harder.

maximo

Bboy maximo
    Years
    Are you gonna have the normal elite four cause if youre having an elimanation like they do in the anime can i be one of the trainers.

Name: Nathan lafayette
    Pokemon: Blaziken, Steelix, Umbreon
    sprite:

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    I sat here for a few minutes trying to find my way through that ice thing. I started myself at the door at the type. I couldn't find a way down to the bottom left corner. If that's where you are supposed to go, then that will be one big chalenge.

rebellee1187

Just another programmer..
    Years
    Usually I don't post in these threads, but this game has motivated me to do so.

Firstly, yes, Quetzacotl is a GF in FF8. There, it was portrayed as a bird-ish thing, but who cares. Yours looks cool anyways. As for me, I prefer Quetzal as the name, but either name suits it great.

Finally, I'm really posting here to tell you that I think nintendos next generation is going to disappoint me. If your game ends up being as cool as it looks, i may never play Diamond/Pearl. This looks awesome.

Any chance I could be a beta tester?

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    except a quetzal is an amazonian bird, known for having the longest tail feathers in the world, so I doubt that would work...Btw Quetzacotl was also in older final fantasies =p
    but awesome screenshots!
    (Im not 100% sure on this info)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Man, this game has got me more excited than for Diamond and Pearl. I really can't wait to see what more you have in store for us!

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    This, COL, and Liquid, have me most excited of all Fangames around here. All have things that have never been done before (in a grand scale), great mapping, an intriguing concept, and just a purely fun looking game. This is definitly one of my Must play games here.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Maximo - Both will feature in the game and Siant Beast is doing all of the trainer sprites.
    Barry - There is about 1/4 of the maze that you can't see on the screen shot, that's why you can't get through it. It turns out that the puzzle isn't as hard as I'd have presumed. There are 2 ways to get through, I only intentionally made one.

Thanks for the comments again guys, your gonna make me blush soon.:)

Years
    Brittany said:
    If I remember correctly, Quetzcotl is a GF in Final Fantasy VIII(of course, Square takes gods from every religeon thinkable and makes them summons XD)
    Quetzalcoatl is a winged snake god from Aztec mythology, god of the stars, the wind, the sunrise and life.

Nice screens Phoenix, looking forward to the Hidden Depths :)

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Thanks Avatar.
    Maximo - We don't plan on putting real people into the game. To be honest, it is a n00bish thing to do to try to attract attention to a thread. We are putting a few people in the game that have contributed to the game or have shown continued interest and comments in the thread. Plus, we have a lot more important things to get through first.

maximo

Bboy maximo
    Years
    Cool i understand what can i give you to get in anyway i mean what do you need im im the internet everyday i'll be able to find somthing.

Years
    maximo said:
    Cool i understand what can i give you to get in anyway i mean what do you need im im the internet everyday i'll be able to find somthing.
    Maximo you can't bribe him into adding you into his game.. He will choose people if he wants them in the game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Heh, I was gonna say the same thing to him. This isn't the only game maximo has "invited" himself into. If the game maker is asking for people to be in the game, then it's fine to put yourself there. But you can't just interject yourself into it. You're kind of imposing you know?

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    I don't know if you have mentioned this or not (sorry, I have read the entire thread, but, I may have just forgotten), but, if there is a demo, when will its release be. If not, when will the final be. If you do not no, then do you have an estimate (around a month, etc...)

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I don't know if I'm going a bit over the top, but could you post the entire ice maze section of the map? I'm like dying to find a way to get through it.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Krazy and PKMN Sage are right. I just noticed that Maximo was trying to get himself into Pokemon Life as well. Nevermind, it was a nice try to get yourself into a game without putting in any effort.

DMMP:-There will be a demo. Release will be...erm...when it's ready. We're looking to impress with this demo, graphically and technically. We want to leave you wanting more.

Daegon:-Ask and you shall receive! I'm planning to make a few more of these in the other regions, so I'd appreciate feedback on the design and difficulty. Here it is, sorry about the events but...

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    You may want to edit all of those smilies out of your post before a mod sees it, they don't like over use of smilies. And why have you posted those images?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back