• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Hidden Depths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Great as ever, pheonix. I'd like to see that game in screen later when the game's out.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    great screens.How much u have maps and pokemons now? Plz fast answer :)

Years
    Excellent mapping as usual, I like it.

I like idea of having to rebuild a destroyed town it'll add some extra fun to the game :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Great progress as usual phoenix! 116 maps? How big is the file now?

@ SaintBeast: If you see this, could you post more. It would be great to hear about what you've been doing alongside phoenix. :)

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Thanks guys!

The file is at 39mb at the moment. But I'll cut that down quite alot when I get rid of all the unnecessary pictures, chip/charsets and music files.
    I'd like SaintBeast to post more often as well. However, I speak to him a couple of weeks ago and he doesn't get much time to spend doing his graphics because of personal issues being his major priority. But once he gets everything steady again I'm sure he'll be posting regularly again.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    39MB!!! That is a big file! XD But, hopefully once you get all teh pointless fluff out then it should be an acceptable size ^_~

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
    lol that is big! liquid is only 3mb.. but i guess i only have 10-15 music files(don't worry I haven't got around to music) and all my images are .xyz format. Anyway I think your game is rather nicely done. I can't wait to play it! Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    39 MB? Great file , My pokemon have only 12 MB :P.Cant wait for play :))))))))
    Amazing Work Phoenix :)))))

Thanks Matt

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    I just cut the size down to 6mb in a matter of seconds. It turns out that I had a few font files, which are about 8mb themselves, from when I was trying to fix the font. So now it's a decent size and like I said once I get rid of all the unused stuff I could probably cut that down by another megabyte.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Matt, why do you constantly ask for a demo. Just let phoenix release it when he feels that it is necessary.

Phoenix, have you checked your music/sound file? Those things usually raise the size when they aren't even being used. And have you've tried a program that cuts the size down by deleting unnecessary/unused files?

Years
    It seems like everyone has an issue with filesize, I prefer to put the music folder in a seperate zip from the game itself (mainly so people with slower connections don't have to worry about large filesize), as the music is not optional while playing, but it's a nice addition.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Well like I said the file size is only 6mb now so that isn't exactly a big issue. And it's size will only be relevant when it's ready to be downloaded.

PKMN Sage - Cool Sig, it sounds great!

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Thanks phoenix. BTW, I sent you a PM.

I think Avatar's idea is great. Download the music as a seperate zipfile is genius!

Maximo v.2

my walking sprites and....
    Years
    Well im posting now i wanna get myself known and i just want to say im supporting you i may have not been following you as much as everyone else im just really busy so never give up on youre dreams and aim for the gold.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    I've decided to post some info on some of the important characters. Although the game is pretty much the same whether you choose to be a boy or a girl, certain parts will be played out differently to coincide with their personality and goals.

~Damien~ The male hero

Damien is a 15 year old boy from Farebloom Town. Damien has always been interested in Pokemon and from a very age showed that he was gifted in handling Pokemon. He spent a lot of time at Dirk's lab helping to tame and befriend all the wild Pokemon that Dirk had brought in. Damien struck up a particular bond with the first Pokemon Dirk ever showed him. It was always Damien's dream to travel the world and meet as many different species of Pokemon as possible. However, a few years ago, Damien's father walked out on him and his mother. Consequently, Damien's mother couldn't cope with the distress and the strain that it had caused and suffered a breakdown. Damien was forced into becoming a stronger, more independant person and cared for his mother as well as taking responsibility for the general running of the house. Fortunately now things are starting to get back back to normal with Damien's mother being back at full health and looking to the future.

~Madison~ The female hero

Madison is a 15 year old girl from Farebloom Town. Madison's ambition in life is to move from Farebloom Town to one of the big cities where there is more excitement. Madison's interest in Pokemon began about 4 years ago, shortly after her mother died. With her father also distraught, she turned to Pokemon for comfort. She began spending more and more time in Dirk's lab to try to get herself through such a difficult time. While spending so much time in the lab, she struck up a life long bond with one particular Pokemon. Now, both Madison and her father have moved on and put their past pain behind them and have looked to the future and decided to try to achieve their dreams.

~Dirk~

Researcher Dirk has spent his entire life studying Pokemon artefacts. He has tried to figure out the link that connects all Pokemon together as well as the reason for their existance. Now that he has grown weary of travelling the world looking for more subjects to research, and concluding that his original task was impossible for just one man, he resides in the quaint atmosphere of Farebloom Town where he spends his leisure time studying the masses of strange objects that he collected on his travels in the hope that, just possibly, he could uncover one of the many mysteries of the Pokemon.

~Azzy~

Azzy is a sassy, energetic 14 year old Pokemon trainer from Dayflora Town. She admires all of the great Pokemon Trainers that have become famous and is desperate to replicate the fame and fortune that they have achieved with their Pokemon. Fame is her biggest goal and she will do anything if she believes that it will help her become more famous, even if it means taking shortcuts or making poor decisions and character judgements. Overall, she is a nice helpful girl, even if she is a little bit too headstrong and determined for success.

~Mace~

Mace is a calm, intelligent 16 year old wannabe Gym Leader from Johto. He believes he has the necessary attributes and Pokemon skills to become one of the greatest Gym Leaders ever. Mace is very methodical and is very often the voice of reason or the saviour whenever Azzy or Kyte have problems or get into trouble. He has a talent to look at situations from many different perspectives to find the best solution. He also has a strong affinity with nature and considers anyone that tries to destroy any part of nature a sworn enemy. He is also very interested in ancient Pokemon ruins.

~Kyte~

Kyte is a cute, playful 12 year old Pokemon lover from Heyspark City. Her idol is Suzie, the great Pokemon breeder. Kyte loves the cuteness and inner beauty of Pokemon and wants to become a Pokemon breeder to help all Pokemon to become as happy as possible. She also admires Azzy's determination and considers her a great role model and tries to base her attitude on Azzy's. She can be very gullible at times, which often leads to her getting into trouble that she can't cope with.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I'm sure it took some time typing all that. Anyway, I like the info. that you've provided. Maybe you could use that in some kind of prologue or something in your game. For example, showing short scenes of each of there past.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Daegon_Kimeron said:
    Maybe you could use that in some kind of prologue or something in your game. For example, showing short scenes of each of there past.
    That's the rough idea for the intro video. I'd like to have character specific videos as well for that reason.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back