• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Johto Adventures - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2012
    Hey just wondering if your still working on it, please dont give up aye looks like its going to be awsome played Pokemon ashgray, and anime based hacks are awsome well done ones anyways, and i played your alpha and it seems like its got potential ! it looks real good so dont give up so many people give up !

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    Scarlet you have to boot up the rom in which you patched with the IPS file just open the rom as normal and you will be well away :)

Years
  • Hey got any update for this project? I'm a newbie but I really, really love the Johto anime. If there is any easy jobs that may be time consuming for you I'd love to help! I would pay bucks, big bucks to see this completed!

Years
  • Alright I'm having a possible bug in the game. At the town where the Spinark episode is held I went inside the mansion and defeated Team Rocket but then after the battle the room was left blank. I tried to leave town but it said Jenny still needed my help! I can't continue the adventure now. Is this where the beta ends or is there still more? Thanks. :D Also a few suggestions that I hope you take into consideration. If you want I can even add these in my self as I know how to do these things (But then again they're easy).
    1. I think you should edit Team Rocket's team I know you probably want to make the game easier with the Rocket team and all but why don't they have Arbok and Weezing? I'm sure this issue could be easily edited and you could also include Lickitung and Victrebell as they are constantly used in the Johto anime (until Wobuffet gets traded for Lickitung anyway). And besides if difficulty is what you're worried about couldn't you just edit the stats of the Pokemon you receive in the game? Since Pikachu doesn't ever evolve in the anime making him have the same stats of a Raichu would be a good idea. Same with Squirtle and Bulbasaur with their final evolved stages as they too don't evolve in the anime.
    2. Where's Charizard? I hope you aren't waiting until Charizard's Burning Ambition to add him in because I would like to have him in the party for awhile before he gets released. This issue could easily be solved in my opinion at the beginning you should make it so that if you talk to Misty, she'll give you Charizard. Consider all she asks is if you're excited for Johto or not.
    Anyway other than that this rom hack is great! And I'm stocked for future updates.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2012
    Why doesn't Ash have his Charizard? Charizard says with him till the "Charizard's Burning Ambition" episode. -.-

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
  • Hello again,
    Sorry for being so inactive the past few weeks but it is coming up to the end of my High School year which most of you know, is when there is a ton of exams to do and since the 15th of May I had 16 exams to do in this month, yeah I know right.

But hopefully as I finish my last few exams this week and next I will be able to continue work on Johto Adventures! I am re-motivated to work on this hack too! I have a few maps done all nice and ready to start creating scripts for and I do have a "complex" idea for a hack too, which may or may not branch off into a 3-story arc. Just saying.

This is because, as some of you hackers may know, hacking these games is not just for fame or for fun but to let your imagination and creativity flow and come up with great stories and adventures that you would never be able to express!

About the Charizard issue too, he will be added later in the game. You really want a level 25 along side Pikachu, who is lvl.5?
    So there you go, I'm gone for a few weeks and you get the biggest reply I've ever written, I actually should be revising now, have an English exam in the morning but still feel free to VM or PM me whenever you like!

To be continued...........

Last edited:
    Years
  • I finished the beta up to the Chikorita point, but once I talk to its sprite it's a Ditto instead of a Chikorita. So I'm guessing this is the end so far. I'm stocked for future updates! :D LOVE this hack! :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2015
    Has the creator of the hack been active lately? I am really looking forward to the complete version of the hack!

Years
  • Just wondering but considering there's no overworld music, will you be adding music from the game itself or will you be doing your own versions of the Gold/Silver music? Other than that, I think the hack is pretty good although the encounter rate at the beginning is huge, makes things a bit difficult early on.

Years
  • Hey there, just wanted to compliment you on this hack. It's really fun, and I've been waiting forever for it to come back. Hacks that follow the anime are always fun, but Johto was my favorite season, so it's insanely nostalgic playing through the episodes.

However, I did experience a few bugs:

-If you lose to Casey in The Double Trouble Header! (the rematch, after you defeat team rocket) she will be gone when you come back from the pokemon center. When you enter Route 1 the text will still pop up, and she will still challenge you if you haven't beaten her yet. Even if you do beat her and there's a fade out that indicates the event cutscene where she leaves, the text will pop up every time you enter and exit Route 1/New Bark Town (though she won't challenge you again).

-The Nurse Joy in Cattalia City will still mention registering you for the Johto League when you go to her to heal.

-If all your pokemon get knocked out and you're sent back to the pokemon center during the A Sappy Ending! event where you have to battle the three Pinsir and then Team Rocket, the Pinsir you failed to defeat will be gone when you come back. (You may also be unable to get to Team Rocket due to your character saying "Aren't I forgetting something?" and taking you back to where you should be facing the remaining Pinsir. I am not entirely sure of this, as I reset the game around here because I was dissatisfied with how I'd done thus far. Needs confirmation.)

Finally, after playing up to the Snubbull event (I can't seem to find it--not sure if this is intentional to serve as the end of the Alpha, or it's just difficult for me to find) I have thought of a few things I think would improve overall enjoyment of this hack:

-Your pokemon should be higher leveled (around level 10) to compensate for how difficult it is to start out. The wild pokemon not only out level you, but it can be frustrating to train (for example, Hopip is commonly found in the Mysterious Forest, but it's annoying to defeat because it's a grass type, and it resists all your first three pokemon's moves and gives disappointing xp when you do manage to knock it out).
    ~Another option in regards to the above would be to simply modify the wild pokemon found in the Mysterious Forest as well as their levels, making it easier to grind up for the Team Rocket and Casey battles ahead.
    ~The last thing I could think of is to make it so Squirtle or Bulbasaur is holding a Lucky Egg when you receive it, to make it a bit easier to level grind so your pokemon will be more on par with wild/trainer pokemon you'll encounter not long after you leave. The hack is really fun, but it's also really difficult starting out!

-Your Pikachu should be holding a Light Ball when you first get it, because again, it's really hard when you first start training, and Pikachu is so frail. It needs all the power-ups it can get!

-The hack is a bit more difficult than it should be because of the typing of the first pokemon you get and the first pokemon you must battle. With electric/grass+poison/water, you have nothing to do significant damage to the poison or grass types that infest the early game. A fire type would help tremendously, but it will be difficult to give trainers a Charizard this early and keep the hack from being too easy. The problem, though, is that Ash gives him away before he obtains the Hive Badge (aka Bugsy's/Azalea Town's badge) which is only the second of eight. My idea would be to make it so Charizard will only listen in instances where it's used in the Anime, like the battles with Casey and Falkner.
    ~Another idea would be to find a way to give players Cyndaquil a bit earlier, since it's the only other fire type Ash gets in the whole Johto saga. It wouldn't follow the story exactly, I know, but having a fire type earlier on would make things so much easier, seeing as Ash doesn't actually catch Cyndaquil until he's almost in Azalea Town, and by then it would take a lot of grinding to have him ready to battle Bugsy.
    ~The final idea that I can think of is make it so pokemon will learn coverage moves a lot sooner, meaning you have to grind up less (example: have Squirtle learn Ice Beam around lvl 10 so you don't have to slowly tackle Casey's Chikorita to death with Bulbasaur).

I'll add more suggestions if and when I think of them. Sorry for such a long post, but I really love the Johto saga and hope this hack gets seen through to the end. I'm currently replaying Metapod23's Ash Gray and I honestly think this would be an amazing follow-up. Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    I have one problem.. When I patched my Fire Red rom it's still Fire red.

Years
    • Age 24
    • =/
    • Seen Feb 12, 2013
    I played this and I found these glitches.

- I can walk through the small trees in Route 1
    Heheheh, that's my shortcut.
    - The Pokeball on the tree in Route 1
    - When I save in a New Bark Town Pokemon Center, the map name's Corrupted Maps.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back