• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Kanto!

should there be Johto Pokemon in Kanto

• Yes

Votes: 319 68.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 8.1%
  • have a little

Votes: 80 17.1%
  • I don't care

Votes: 30 6.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • Is this hack dead? I hope it is not
    Why would it be dead? Just because he hasn't answered you yet doesn't mean it's dead.
    Plus, the scripting needs help, the pokeball breaking was...weird, there was no fanfare when you get half of it, When it says "it looks hurt" you don't see Rayquaza, and if you click on it again, you get to see the script over again, and pokeball is still there after you get it. But overall, the hack is pretty good, good job.

Last edited:

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    hey, this hack is not dead, I hope!

do u have the banned episodes in this hack or not caz if u did it would make it a lot better
    I have one, the episode where ash goes into the safria Zone

just thinking can I use the same save in the next demo? because I don't want to strat over
    well yes, but I recommed you don't becasue there will be new script's and event's and trainer's with new pokemon

Balkj, I figured out your problem.

You should ask someone to help fix your Grammar, as it's terrible.

P.S And about the Johto Pokemon in Kanto... maybe you should do it.
    yech, it is unlike the anime but like the 2nd Gen there was Johto pokemon in kanto

Ugh.. So many screenshots, well the good thing about It Is the fact you seemed to have
    grasped scripting In the right way.

The bad thing, is the gramatical mistakes, and the spelling. You really need to have a
    look at a english book (No offense), well we all make mistakes right.

And try to fix up your maps, they look a-little.. Empty.

I really do like this hack, please don't get the wrong idea, Im just trying to help.
    Good luck creating more scripts, and making more progress.
    how, are my maps empty
    and I NO ABOUT THE GRAMMER!!

can I sprite overworld I am good at it
    sweet!

Will all pokemon be catchable in this game?
    um..... YES! puls a few (3) fake pokemon

Awesome hack so far. yeah the grammar could use work but its only in the early stages right? on a side note i completely forgot about your warning about Vridian forrest... GLITCH. oh well...
    well I wouldn't call it early being able to get to the E4, and I thick I know how to fix the Vridian forrest GLITCH! but I not making any promise's

Looks good so far but work on that grammer! To some people that is really big turn off. Nuff said.
    I NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An innovative idea for a hack, and you seem to be doing well as far as mapping and scripting are concerned, the thing that NEEDS to be improved is GRAMMAR! that is one of the most important things about a hack, being able to make the hack look appealing, and i don't seem to be the only one who thinks this. Please keep working on it though, and make sure you do some grammar improvement for the next release, I look forward to it.
    yech, that's one reason why there isn't many updates

For future reference: spelling =/= grammar (not saying that doesn't need work either).

Anywoozit, you would be better off "hiring" a writer for your typographical inserts. It would boost the overall quality of your hack exponentially -- that may be a tad incredulous, but the point still stands.
    yech!

Yeah, I'm going to agree with everyone else; your grammar (mainly capitalization) isn't so great. Plus you have a few glitches and errors (like you have some text boxes that shouldn't appear more than once appear repeatedly).

Don't get discouraged, though. I like what I've played so far and it seems to be good.
    yech, this is my 1st hack

Hey Balkj, long time no see...I will download it, but the grammar needs adjusting...still. Last year when it was in the Scrapbox, people said the same thing...including me :).
    I NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the fanil ver. will I be able to use the same save?
    also will squiture and bulbasuar be able to evole because that is somthing I hate in the show .
    P.S. I have ash sprites for you that has pikachu on his shoulder so you don't have to make a scpit and some bulbasuar ones too but I can't post them till my post count goes up
    yes they do elove, unlike pickchu

I really like this hack and will support it, though you really need to fix the grammar and the bug where Brock freezes the game, other than that your doing a great job.
    I don't know about the Brock bug, I tried to find the bug in action but it's fine

You spelled Grammar wrong lol

Anyways would you like me to do a grammar fix?
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the orange part will some pokes look dif.

EDIT: Cedit if used

Pokemon Kanto!

sweet! I will use them maybe

Well you capitalized it in a sentence when it's not a noun ergot it shouldn't be capitalized :P

But srsly grammar does help alot.
    I NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I capitalized it so it would stand out. Okay conversation over.
    ----------------------
    But would like me to do a grammar fix?
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so far I'm enjoying this alot =) I'd like it better if pikachu walked beside you kinda like in yellow version but other than that no complaints
    If I could do that or anyone they do that on fire red then. They will make there place
    in the history books of OM HCAKING!

Is this hack dead? I hope it is not
    me too!

Why would it be dead? Just because he hasn't answered you yet doesn't mean it's dead.
    Plus, the scripting needs help, the pokeball breaking was...weird, there was no fanfare when you get half of it, When it says "it looks hurt" you don't see Rayquaza, and if you click on it again, you get to see the script over again, and pokeball is still there after you get it. But overall, the hack is pretty good, good job.
    yech I need to fix that event!

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Oh thanks and here is mewtwo's clones

Pokemon Kanto!
    Pokemon Kanto!
    Pokemon Kanto!
    And pre-evo's
    Pokemon Kanto!
    Pokemon Kanto!
    Pokemon Kanto!

Any more sprites you want ?plus is pika like yellow's that it will walk with you or sould I put him on ash's back? and it is kind of funny I hate the anime but I love this hack

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2012
    hmm, this is a very interesting hack. I've strted playing it, and its really good. Other than the grammer, which you've probably heard about A LOT, it i's very fun. I liked how you incorporated some events from the anime, but where do you get cut? I've been on the SS ANNE, and I didn't get anything. There are some other things that are...unusual, such as that gym right above saffron city, that building in Saffron city, and the fact that some pokemon have trainers that are nonexistent. But, other than that, it's a very creative hack! I look forward to the next beta!!

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Um can you add like 10 movesolts because in the anime one pokemon can use more 4 in a ep.(see:mewtwo,pikachu,turtwig.etc) and add all the tms in gen 1-4,all move turots(can't spell it) and unleanable moves that pokes know in the anime(look here https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Anime_move_errors) and how will trade evos work?
    Plus, Bulbagarden says even though it seems that way, but a pokemon never knows more than 4 moves in the anime.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    sorry I just got a littile cocky well anyway I fix the shading on saur and gave ash his golves

Pokemon Kanto!

and I made the rest of the gang and otto
    Pokemon Kanto!
    Brock got @#$% up but it can be a easy fix and how would the fakemon look? because I hate most of them

Last edited:

soyeahimbored

Originality at its best
    Years
  • Alright. Well the most obvious problem is the grammatical and spelling errors throughout your hack. (But you already knew that) After playing for awhile I really enjoy this hack, the scripting you have is a hell of a lot better then what I can do (which is nothing at all :D).

Just one question, when playing through I battled bulbasaur and went to talk to the lady. She didn't change her text at all and I have yet to receive him. *shrugs* It may or may not be a glitch or perhaps I am just not far enough in the game yet, although that seems unlikely.

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    Oh thanks and here is mewtwo's clones

Pokemon Kanto!
    Pokemon Kanto!
    Pokemon Kanto!
    And pre-evo's
    Pokemon Kanto!
    Pokemon Kanto!
    Pokemon Kanto!

Any more sprites you want ?plus is pika like yellow's that it will walk with you or sould I put him on ash's back? and it is kind of funny I hate the anime but I love this hack
    the sprite's you got from the net!
    and I don't need them I have someone working on them

hmm, this is a very interesting hack. I've strted playing it, and its really good. Other than the grammer, which you've probably heard about A LOT, it i's very fun. I liked how you incorporated some events from the anime, but where do you get cut? I've been on the SS ANNE, and I didn't get anything. There are some other things that are...unusual, such as that gym right above saffron city, that building in Saffron city, and the fact that some pokemon have trainers that are nonexistent. But, other than that, it's a very creative hack! I look forward to the next beta!!
    YOU CAN'T GET CUT IN MY HACK YET!
    the hym in frout of saffron city is an unoffical gym (anime event)
    the building is the magnet train to johto
    some pokemon have trainers that are nonexistent what does that mean there are pokemon without that have trainer's but they don't ?

Um can you add like 10 movesolts because in the anime one pokemon can use more 4 in a ep.(see:mewtwo,pikachu,turtwig.etc) and add all the tms in gen 1-4,all move turots(can't spell it) and unleanable moves that pokes know in the anime(look here https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Anime_move_errors) and how will trade evos work?
    I have seen the anime and there isn't a pokemon with more then 4 moves

He's a hacker, not a magician. That sort of thing just isn't possible.
    yech like a walking pickachu

Plus, Bulbagarden says even though it seems that way, but a pokemon never knows more than 4 moves in the anime.
    yep!

sorry I just got a littile cocky well anyway I fix the shading on saur and gave ash his golves

Pokemon Kanto!

and I made the rest of the gang and otto
    Pokemon Kanto!
    Brock got @#$% up but it can be a easy fix and how would the fakemon look? because I hate most of them
    the fakemon I havn't strated on it yet and the sprite;s are awesome!
    I will use them

Here is ash(made by me) and squit(made by buba wiki)
    Pokemon Kanto!
    Pokemon Kanto!

awesome! only I don't know how to edit red/bule/green to ash/may/gray in the firered opening

Alright. Well the most obvious problem is the grammatical and spelling errors throughout your hack. (But you already knew that) After playing for awhile I really enjoy this hack, the scripting you have is a hell of a lot better then what I can do (which is nothing at all :D).

Just one question, when playing through I battled bulbasaur and went to talk to the lady. She didn't change her text at all and I have yet to receive him. *shrugs* It may or may not be a glitch or perhaps I am just not far enough in the game yet, although that seems unlikely.
    GLITCH!

UPDATE!
    today's update is 10 new updates
    1. new kanto maps (no more nitendo kanto maps)
    2. bigger maps (not that big)
    3. hoean pokemon in kanto (yech hoean not johto)
    4. more battle's with gary (wow, that's more than one)
    5. brock is even harded (what made you do that)
    6. new room (you now strat the game in ash's room and not red's room)
    7. travel in to route one without a pokemon (um... ok)
    8. nitendo grahics (yes... a downgrade)
    9. new intro (um... ok)
    10. a catipie event (what... now we have to catch a catipie)

and lastly there will be a GRAMMMER FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hope you all enjoy kanto

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    Try fixing some grammar mistakes....the story confused me a little..
    Good luck.
    yech, the storyline will be less confusing in the next beta
    and I NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE!
    I have updated the one off pokemon on the home page
    please note: these is where the lengends will be in the next beta not this current beta I may put in the d\p lengends but don 't get your hopes up

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    use the plat registeel because the dp one people get mad cause it looked like a nazi. also how will trade evos work and any sprites you need?

edit: it's pikachu not pickachu

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2015
    This game is outstanding... I can't believe you made this ^^, Sure the grammer needs corrected but the story is perfect following the anime. I accidently saved in viridian forest by Team Rocket xP but i don't mind, you made this fast paced so its easy to re-trace my steps :) Very well done and i hope you keep going!
    edit: omg first post since March of 2008..... I just started visiting this site since last year i guess, and i never knew i had an acc until i tried signing up and figured my email was in use.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2016
    I didn't notice many problems. A few glitches like the infinite potions at the very beginning or some events that repeat and even some things where you can walk where you're not supposed to. But more pressing than that was grammar. It was hard to focus on regular bugs when I was more eyesored by the fact that Pikachu wasn't spelled correctly or capitalized. And Squirtle was the same, noted as "squitle". It's mainly pretty awesome, cool scripting job, but I would just watch out for bugs and more pressingly at the moment, grammar issues.

Edit: One thing I totally loved, however, was Pikachu's new sprite. I don't think it looks like Ash's, but it's way cooler than the normal one. I also want to add that some other Pokemon sprites you changed were also for the better (Ratatta, etc.). Good job.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back