• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Killed?

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
    I was reading volume 1-26 of my collection at home, in the RGB series Giovanni killed 2 magmars that were frozen then crushed into many pieces :O

Guess Manga shows more than just battling and plotline :P.

Cyan Goggles

Be-Goggled Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Oh, most defiantly.

To be honest, that's why I love the manga more than almost anything else in the whole pokemon franchise. Because the danger is real, and the main characters, and their pokemon, are frequently in danger of killed, maimed, stabbed, and all around hurt.

xD; While this post seems a little, uhm, morbid, it's true. I love the fact that we never know what's in for the characters, and I love that because of the nature of it, our brains don't automatically rule out death.

Ryousha

Years
    Oh, most defiantly.

To be honest, that's why I love the manga more than almost anything else in the whole pokemon franchise. Because the danger is real, and the main characters, and their pokemon, are frequently in danger of killed, maimed, stabbed, and all around hurt.

xD; While this post seems a little, uhm, morbid, it's true. I love the fact that we never know what's in for the characters, and I love that because of the nature of it, our brains don't automatically rule out death.

don't forget Red has blood, and bruises, and also turned to stone, and shows scars and stuff.scar(ruby)

Years
    True...

Oh, most defiantly.

That is one of the great things about PokeSpe. It separates it from the childishness of the anime, but the games do dab around the idea with the Memorial Pillar and PM Towers.
    The forums in -m-a-n-g-a--f-o-x actually calls this "unnecesarry violence"

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, most defiantly.

Could'nt say it better than that.
    The forums in -m-a-n-g-a--f-o-x actually calls this "unnecesarry violence"
    Because they don't know what they're talking about.

Ryousha

Years
    mangafox are runned by kids, they can't understand the true power of Manga lovers :P.

Cyan Goggles

Be-Goggled Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I think it's very necessary!

I mean, with children leaving home when their ten to go train a team of monsters... well, things are going to go down, and blood is going to get spilled.

Besides, I'm under the opinion that it makes it all the more realistic. (... As realistic as Pokemon can get, at least. xD; )

Years
    Thats why the manga rocks :D It goes more into detail than the show (the show has to be kid friendly & fit into the timeslots) Mangas don't really have to appease a certian group.

lara lynx

hello
    Years
    In one of the first volumes Green slices an Arbok in half. Thats about when I fell in love with manga.
    Its more realistic and more exciting. The characters arn't made out of rubber, they don't get blown up and then return without a scratch

R a i n n s a n雨

デンリュウ
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2010
    Don't you think that is kinda violent for pokemon. Well its not that bad.

*Thinks* (I wonder if Misty ever Kills Staryu....)

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
    Yeah, I know, the manga has violence, blood, and death, not the sugar-coated crap the anime keeps stuffing down out throats.

The first time I read the part with Giovanni and the two magmars, I was like,"HOLY SH*T!! DID HE REALLY KILL THOSE THINGS?! AWESOME!!!"

Sadistic Typhlosion

Mom, I'm not a stalkeerrrr-uh!
    Years
    Satoshi Tajiri even said that PokéSpe is the closest they've gotten to the Pokémon world he originally imagined. The anime, he said, is nowhere near as close as the manga to his original intentions, but since it's a kids' and preteens' show, it can't do as well as PokéSpe does. I just wish they released more of it in the United States, but once they figured out that it's not only kids who watch the show and play the games (In other words, yesterday. XD), they were already in the middle of Johto. (XD) *sighs* If PUSA wasn't so closed-minded, they could do so much for the older fans. I mean, why didn't they release PokéSpe starting from Kanto?! It's not like fans wouldn't still buy it, even though it's older than the current generation. Ignorance is bliss, but not in their case.

(...Shows how off-topic I can get. XD)

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    That's why I love Manga all together. It's more realistic.

PokéSpe is free to do a lot more stuff than the animé can. To tell the truth, I stopped watching the animé because they would sugar-coat everything way too much. The Manga gives me that same Pokémon feeling... but it seemed more adult. It's like,
    "Sure, we have cute little creatures, but watch this!"
    *slash*
    Plus, the PokéSpe manga seems to have a lot more of a plot than the animé. It's more interesting and dramatic.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2008
    Here Here!

I totally wholehearted agree with you guys that PokeSpe is better than the anime. However lets not forget that the anime does have some episodes banned from the US at least bc they were deamed too harmful for the lil kiddies. Like Holiday at Aculpoco ep, granted they did release a very horrific cutted episode of it called Beauty and the Beach, and the ep with the gun toting Game Warden of Safari Zone which caused a huge hole as it explains how Ash got his 30+ Tauros from. But even if we did have these episodes in circulation it still won't hold a candle to the PokeSpe version. It should have characters and creatures dying its called pocket MONSTERS not pocket pets. Because lets face it the anime makes it look more like legalized cockfighting and pit bull fights without the sad horrific ending. And at least PokeSpe makes Team Rocket a more formidable foe than the anime comedic flop trio we get. The thing that got me going Hell Yeah on is the fact that Giovanni wasn't the ONLY evil gym leader and that the gym leaders have a bigger role than their anime counterparts for instance in the anime its like its their job whereas the manga they're more like law enforcers/ambassadors/rescue teams of their area. Ok methinks I've done said enuf.

Ryousha

Years

PokéSpe is free to do a lot more stuff than the animé can. To tell the truth, I stopped watching the animé because they would sugar-coat everything way too much. The Manga gives me that same Pokémon feeling... but it seemed more adult. It's like,
    *slash*
    Plus, the PokéSpe manga seems to have a lot more of a plot than the animé. It's more interesting and dramatic.

they're 30 chapters that take 1 hour to read to stop TR in RGB and the Tournament.

It goes too fast xD, it skips those long ass routes =D

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I never even knew the manga was so violent. I need to read it my self but unfortunately i dont read japenese and the english one doesnt come to were i am. Can i get scans or ebooks of them or no?

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
    Satoshi Tajiri even said that PokéSpe is the closest they've gotten to the Pokémon world he originally imagined. The anime, he said, is nowhere near as close as the manga to his original intentions, but since it's a kids' and preteens' show, it can't do as well as PokéSpe does. I just wish they released more of it in the United States, but once they figured out that it's not only kids who watch the show and play the games (In other words, yesterday. XD), they were already in the middle of Johto. (XD) *sighs* If PUSA wasn't so closed-minded, they could do so much for the older fans. I mean, why didn't they release PokéSpe starting from Kanto?! It's not like fans wouldn't still buy it, even though it's older than the current generation. Ignorance is bliss, but not in their case.

(...Shows how off-topic I can get. XD)
    ^_^ I was happy to hear that when I read what Satoshi Tajiri said about the manga, even he says it's closer to the game, and he's the CREATOR of Pokemon.

*slash*

LOL, I liked the *slash* part.
    Also, just to point it out, the manga characters have character development.

Ryousha

Years
    I never even knew the manga was so violent. I need to read it my self but unfortunately i dont read japenese and the english one doesnt come to were i am. Can i get scans or ebooks of them or no?

fragment illusory is down, like everday.

and onemanga translate it right now, its up to chapter 5, or you can nicoleb :\

Back