• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon League: Almmia - PG-13

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Dustin clapped his hands with excitement at the sight of the Voltorb-made fireworks. He loved seeing everyone, trainers and spectators alike, laughing and cheering with glee. It filled his heart with so much joy seeing other people being happy. Dustin decided to explore the arena a little more and interact with the people attending. He took pictures, signed autographs, and even gave some tips on battling to young and curious trainers. He was more excited to get back to his new gym and continue decorating it a bit more. He was happy to have his Gym set in the center of the forest outside of Vientown. His high castle towers stretched above the trees surrounding it, its white walls radiating its inner beauty. He was excited, and it showed quite a lot. He spotted a few trainers battling one another. One had a Piplup, the other had a Meowth. The Meowth lunged forward with a Shadow Claw while the Piplup countered with a Peck. Dustin was impressed by the strength of the two attacks, making even more excited for future challengers. He decided he may as well head back towards his gym to prepare for them. He adjusted his vest, gave everybody at the festival a goodbye wave, and headed back towards his gym.

Last edited:
    Years
  • With the speeches over and done with, the Prime Minister and Chairwoman both left the stage and left the new League officials to their own doing. A few judges could be seen going through the crowd to collect the Voltorb that exploded only moments ago. Chatter could be heard from all the trainers who were now starting to linger, almost as if they were expecting more of a show. When Slim rejoined his fellow officials, the girl who became one of his peers greeted him, but he wasn't able to remember her name for the life of him. "Christ, what the hell is it?" he thought to himself as his mind drew a blank. "To hell with it, I'll just give her a nickname so I never have to remember it." He smiled at the girl and said, "Howdy. Everything went peachy, don't ya think?" Slim spoke while waving slightly and smiling at the crowd. While peering into the crowd, he saw Dustin wave farewell to them all, and Slim replied by nudging the tip of his hat back at him. "Gawd-darn-it, what the hell was his name too? Man-o-man, I needa git me one of 'em shirts with the names on it."

Greg stood off to the side of the stage facing the crowd. He saw they were having a good time, and it drew a small smile across his face. He peered into them, looking to see which ones he thought would have potential. The sword master's focus was interrupted by "Slim's" loud and somewhat obnoxius voice. Greg beat the undisciplined cowboy in the Indigo Pokemon League over five years ago in the finals, and was surprised to have seen him again. After moments of watching and not saying a word, he faced his peers, gave a bow, and said, "I must attend to my Gym. Excuse my absence." After indicating to the rest of the League members that he was now departing, Greg released his Scyther and hoped on the giant bug's back, who then flew out of the staduim.*

*Scyther can't use fly in the games, but remember the HM rule for the RP, that Pokemon can use HM moves they can't actually lean provided they have the features to do so.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • "Bold." Dialogue
    This is boring. Thoughts
    Says you. "Logic"

Miharu scowled at the idiocy at the people here. With all the parades and the crowding and such, Miharu's claustrophobia had reared it's ugly head.

Don't think about it, thought Miharu, The claustrophobia doesn't exist.

Narrowing her eyes, she looked at the people at the back of the parade.

Since the guy with the navy suit is the Prime Minister of Almia's government, that must mean that the other people with him are the Elite Four and gym leaders. Miharu snorted. They don't seem like much.

Seem... said the mutinous voice inside of her head. You know as well as anyone else that they could be more than what they seem...

Thanks, but I don't feel like having an argument with a voice inside of my head.

Miharu was snapped out of her thoughts when people began to push, shove, and cheer for the "fireworks" that were on display. Miharu's eyes narrowed.

Don't they know that making your pokemon use explosion isn't something to be "happy" and "joyful" about? All it is is getting your pokemon to self sacrifice their health just for you entertainment. Thankfully there's Nurse Joys around.

Nurse Joys are practically the only people Miharu respects without even meeting them, because they care and help pokemon as much as they possibly can. Nurse Joys are also practically the only people, aside from her adoptive parents and Professor Oak, that Miharu really trusts with her pokemon's well being.

Parents...

Miharu had came to here because, not only did she want to participate in another league, but she had managed to get a brief lead on her parents' location and it was somewhere in the Almia region.

As people began to leave or wander about, Miharu clenched her fist and walked away from the festivities with a tug at her chest.

I hate festivals...

Only because you have no one else to share them with...

Miharu shivered and it wasn't because of the weather.

(OOC: I felt that this was bad. XD And I'm guessing I made her slightly insane with the other voice. Miharu is such a hard character to portray. Even though I made her up, I've never wrote a character like Miharu before, so this was a little bit out of my comfort zone. It made it easier with the voice/"logic" inside her head)

IceFireLighnting

Leon was clapping and cheering as his sister came up and hugged him. "I can't believe it!" yelled Chrome over the crowd, "we didn't only get to see each other, but now we're being celebrated! Fireworks, screaming fans, taking our positions as Gym Leader and E4 member...it's all so unbelieveable."

"Yeah, it's unbelieveable, alright," said Leon as he hugged his sister back and lifted her up. "It's also unbelievable how they chose you to be the Pueltown Gym Leader," joked Leon. "Oh, well. It's only a matter of time before you get kicked off for throwing a tantrum every time you lose. Hah!"

"Oh, yeah? Well, two can play at that game!" Chrome turned the bill of Leon's hat down and spun him around, although never letting go. "Well, we'd better stop, we don't want to be caught as the carefree ones," she said as she stopped spinning him and helped him get things straight.

"But we are the carefree ones," said Leon. "Anyway, you're right. We should stop. We have reputations to uphold." And with that, Leon and Chrome stood side by side, watching the Voltorb and Electrode explode up in the sky.

(OOC: Boy, did that last line sound weird.:laugh:)

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    With the speeches over and done with, the Prime Minister and Chairwoman both left the stage and left the new League officials to their own doing. A few judges could be seen going through the crowd to collect the Voltorb that exploded only moments ago. Chatter could be heard from all the trainers who were now starting to linger, almost as if they were expecting more of a show. When Slim rejoined his fellow officials, the girl who became one of his peers greeted him, but he wasn't able to remember her name for the life of him. "Christ, what the hell is it?" he thought to himself as his mind drew a blank. "To hell with it, I'll just give her a nickname so I never have to remember it." He smiled at the girl and said, "Howdy. Everything went peachy, don't ya think?" Slim spoke while waving slightly and smiling at the crowd. While peering into the crowd, he saw Dustin wave farewell to them all, and Slim replied by nudging the tip of his hat back at him. "Gawd-darn-it, what the hell was his name too? Man-o-man, I needa git me one of 'em shirts with the names on it."

Greg stood off to the side of the stage facing the crowd. He saw they were having a good time, and it drew a small smile across his face. He peered into them, looking to see which ones he thought would have potential. The sword master's focus was interrupted by "Slim's" loud and somewhat obnoxius voice. Greg beat the undisciplined cowboy in the Indigo Pokemon League over five years ago in the finals, and was surprised to have seen him again. After moments of watching and not saying a word, he faced his peers, gave a bow, and said, "I must attend to my Gym. Excuse my absence." After indicating to the rest of the League members that he was now departing, Greg released his Scyther and hoped on the giant bug's back, who then flew out of the staduim.*

*Scyther can't use fly in the games, but remember the HM rule for the RP, that Pokemon can use HM moves they can't actually lean provided they have the features to do so.
    "So how'd you load up them voltorb ?" Question Cyndi absentmindedly

mal'akh

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Dustin stretched his body as he lay across his new bed in his new gym. The bed itself took up about a fifth of the giant royal suite it was in. He was happy to see that all of the 100 bedrooms in the castle were ordained with large comfy beds, none as large as his bed or his room, of course. His room was decorate in coral colors, light pinkish-oranges, bright seafoam blues, and Heart Scale window curtains, which were his favorite part of the room. Dustin collected heart shaped things and kept them in another side of the castle. He walked over to the door of his room, out into the hallway, which was decorated with more Heart Scales and marble slab tiles, and into the lobby. In the lobby stood a twenty foot statue of his prized Gyarados. Who speaking of which, was fast asleep in the large fountain surrounding the statue. He continued out to the garden, where he found his Blissey and Gardevoir playing with the children of Veintown, while their mothers drank tea and ate small cakes. He laughed when his Gardevoir Teleported away from being tagged to be "it". He continued further into the castle and glanced inside of the gym to see his Hariyama Meditating while other martial artists practiced their sparring. His Weavile was in the kitchen helping the chefs cut and prepare the food, and his Rhyperior was out on the battlefield helping rearrange some stones, trees, and other items to prepare the field for a real battle.

"My goodness this place is beautiful", Dustin whispered to himself. He had expected their to be a challenger already, but was happy he could enjoy the peace of his castle-like gym. He returned inside and went to his private study, where he examined the list of Gym Leaders and Elite Four members.
    "A Normal Type user, Alex; Chrome, who uses mainly the Flying type; Adam, a Ground Type user; Shino, an expert on the Poison type; and then myself, who use various different types, but all specialize in status afflicting moves. This should be very interesting to say the least", he said laughing with excitement. He couldn't believe he was a Gym Leader. He came from Solaceon Town. Nothing ever happened their except for trainers breeding their Pokemon at the Daycare. That was it. And now here he is, representing where he came form, inside of a castle! He decided to go round up his Pokemon, and began training in the battlefield, too excited to even think about sleeping tonight.

Last edited:

IceFireLighnting

Chrome let out her Skarmory, Silver. "Alright, Silver. Your first flight will take us to Pueltown. It's not far, so don't worry. With suprising, apparent ease, the Skarmory flew off north. "See you later, Leon!" Chrome yelled as she and Silver flew off into the north. "I wonder what our room will look like. Wait! Ican just let you and everyone else run around in the main Gym area while I use the room. It works out!"

When they got to the Gym, Chrome was surprised to see that she actually had her keys on her; she thought that she had left them on the stand. "Well, that's a pleasant surprise. Let's see our Gym!" Chrome opened the doors. And fell asleep. Navory freed herself and helped carry Chrome to bed. The Pokemon said goodnight in their native tounge and left her to sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leon watched as Chrome flew off north. "Wow. She's really grown since the last time I saw her. And she has a lot of strong Pokemon. Oh! Dante! Out!" Leon sent Dante out; he had forgotten to show Chrome his Pokemon. "CHROME!!!" Leon yelled. Chrome stopped in her tracks. She saw a tiny Leon and a figure vaugley familiar. "THIS IS DANTE, REMEMBER HIM?!" Leon yelled up at Chrome. He thought he saw her head nod as she turned around. "She never had much of an attention span... Oh well. We can meet up with her at the end of the year. And I can joke with her about what was up with her letting trainers beat her. It'll be so funny." Dante the Lickylicky wrapped Leon in his tounge and squeezed him before he had to go back into his PokeBall. "...miss the party." He heard the words and ran towards the source. "I'm up for a party!" said Leon. "YAY! PARTY TIME, PARTY TIME!"

Last edited:
    Years
  • Sylvia watched the speeches, cheering and screaming when they were over. "Whoo! Great speech! Very moving! Let's go!" She laughs as she sees the Ball Pokemon exploding overhead. "Yay! Fireworks! Hooray for the Elite Four! I bet they're really friendly!" She grabs a gift bag, tearing through it. "Wow! Free t-shirt! And it's a map! Where do we go first?"

Shino watches the fireworks, impressed by the mundane utility of Explosion. He pats Slim on the back as he passes, heading into the crowd. "HahahaHA! Everyone loves a good party, yes?" He moves through the crowd swiftly, pausing to chat briefly with those who recognize him. When he reaches the main gate, he sends out his Crobat. "Come on, Crobat. We should get back to the Gym, yes?" He hops onto Crobat and flies back to his Gym in Boyleland.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    Aaron watched the show, and as soon as he coul, he hitailed it out of there and went to the closest town with a gym

Years
  • "How'd I load up them Voltorb you ask?" the Texan said with a smile. "Why, it's real simple, they go in the opposite way they go out." Slim then let out a small chuckle at his own stale joke, as if to only amuse himself. His laugh was interrupted as someone patted him on the back, causing Slim to look at who did the act, noting that it was another Gym Leader. With his attention drawn elsewhere, Slim was unable to predict the small brown and furry creature that jumped on his back and took his cowboy hat off his head.

"Kip! You little son of a birch! Get yer ass back here before I tan yer hide! This ain't no time to be playing games yah lil' demon critter!" The "Elite" trainer chased after his Eevee through the crowd, although it proved to be impossible with the size comparision of the two. Defeated, Slim hopped back on stage to his original position laughing. "That lil' scamp"

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    Cyndi ran after him and said "Actually, i was wonderig how you managed to load ten of them when your only allowed to carry 6 pokemon"
    ---
    Aaron was walking along school road
    (OOC:Wild encounter please?)

grey†fish

not black or white… or gray :]
    Years
  • Adam had been mostly quiet throughout the event… that was just him, though. He walked orderly along with his fellow Gym Leaders and Elite Four members, and clapped in a dignified manner after each of the speeches had been finished. Although not always one to be in very high spirits, and quiet honestly out of his element in this particular event, Adam found out that he was more popular in Almia (or at least just because he was a Gym Leader), and he ended up taking several pictures with fans, as well as signing several fans' new Almia League merchandise.

There were many highlights to the event, such as the Voltorb/Electrode fireworks, but in what seemed like no time, the event was over. As he began to make his way out to head to his Gym in Haruba Village, he felt a hand stop him from behind. Upon turning around, he noticed his younger brother, Abel, standing there.

"Where are you going?" he questioned. "You'll miss the party."

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
  • Alex had left the stage as soon as as the 'fireworks' had went off. He was eager to explore the area leading to his gym in Boyleland, and didn't want to just fly there.
    Alex took Eevee's Pokeball from his pocket and released him. Alex almost always travelled with Eevee, seeing as they had been together for so long. The Pokemon was happy to be released, and ran circles around Alex as they walked.

"So, how d'you feel about being part of a gym?" Alex asked the excited Eevee. "We've went through sixteen at least once, right? Now we're the best gym in the world."
    Eevee chirped enthusiastically. From what it knew about gyms, they were some sort of symbol of strength for trainers and Pokemon, and whoever lived in one was a strong trainer. Being a part of one made Eevee feel unbeatable.
    Suddenly, Alex started sprinting. "Race ya to the gym!" He called behind him.

"Surprised, Eevee stopped its circular pattern and ran towards its trainer, trying to overtake him.
    Alex, with a bit of a lead, started running backwards as he faced his Pokemon. "Come on, Eevee! I thought you were faster- wow!"
    Alex had suddenly hit something and fell over, landing on his back. He groaned in pain and surprise as he tried to lift his head and see what he'd hit.

It was a blonde girl, slightly younger than him. She was kneeling and rubbing her leg, were Alex must have accidentally hit her.
    "Owie... uh, hey. Are you okay?" The girl asked Alex, now looking at him. It occured to both of them that the other looked familiar, somehow.
    "Me?, oh, uh, of course!" Alex replied, leaping to his feet just as Eevee caught, looking concerned. "It's okay, buddy. It'll take more than some girl to keep me down."

The girl, Lucy, stood up and dusted herself off. She looked at the Eevee with wide eyes. She knew someone who had an Eevee, back when she lived in Blackthorn. And that boy looked so familiar... it couldn't be?
    What really made Lucy'd heart beat rapidly was the bandage on his arm. She couldn't remember exactly where, but she knew the boy had been badly burned protecting her. And a Houndoom's flames burned humans eternally or something. Was he in pain now?

"Well, anyways. I'm Boyleland's new gym leader, Alex White." Alex introduced.
    Crap! He was the gym leader?! Lucy thought in terror. Now what was she supposed to do? This meeting was too unexpected. she wasn't ready to apologise. She was too afraid.
    But Alex didn't seem to recognise her. He acted like he'd never seen her before. Then again, how many years had it been? She must look very different from the nine year old he'd met.

"So if you're gonna challenge me, just know you can't win, all right?" Alex concluded with a confident grin. "'Kay, Eevee, let's get going." Alex turned and continued walking to Boyleland, his Eevee in tow. Hmm, I'm sure I've seen her before... Shoulda asked for her name.
    Lucy watched them leave, biting her lip anxiously. She was worried that if Alex knew who she really was, he'd hate her for ditching him. It didn't help that he was a Gym Leader, so if she was going to go through with this challenge, she'd need to face him eventually.
    With a sigh, Lucy headed in the opposite direction. She would need to leave his gym for last.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • "Bold." Dialogue
    This is boring. Thoughts
    Says you. "Logic"

Miharu didn't feel like grabbing her Dragonite's pokeball and made him fly her to wherever the next gym was.

Damn, I knew I should have researched the cities where the gym leaders are.

Miharu had been walked for an hour now, hoping that she would reach a gym soon and that she could already get her gym badge from the nearest pokemon gym leader.

Maybe I should let Dragonite out and have him fly me until we see something that remotely looks like a gym...

However, Miharu didn't have to chance to go through with her musing as she had reached Vientown, which next to the town, there was a forest with a huge castle like thing in the middle.

Well, either that there's a fricking queen or king here that rules over the city, or that's a pokemon gym. I'm going to guess that's a pokemon gym.

Miharu walked over to the pokemon gym and had seen a sign in front of the castle like thing.

Yup, Miharu thought as she read the sign, definitely a pokemon gym.

Miharu knocked on the door...

mal'akh

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Dustin heard the door of his gym being knocked on.
    "What th-?"
    *knock knock knock*
    Dustin's confusion quickly turned into excitement. "We have a challenger everyone!" he called out to his Pokemon, "Get into your places! Get ready,I'll go see who's at the door!" he yelped in happiness. Finally, his first challenger as a Gym Leader. Dustin ran down the giant hallway with the high ceiling, and into the lobby with an even bigger ceiling. Trainers and non-trainers sat on the couches, chairs, and at the dining tables place around the lobby and its cafe, while the Giant Gyarados statue sat in the middle, somewhat of a watchman for everything.

Dustin finally reached the door. As he grabbed the handle, his excitement caused him to fling the door open, and hug the person on the other side.
    "Welcome to my Gym! I hope you're prepared, because we'll start as soon as you're ready!", he said to the girl he just pulled inside the door. He glanced at her belt of Pokeballs, and could already sense the power coming from them. He gave a small excited grin, anxious to see what hid inside of them.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • Miharu was surprised at the speed in which the door was opened and was about to go into a fighting stance before being hugged by what seemed to be one of the gym leaders at the parade. Miharu tensed at the hug and opened her mouth, but was interrupted by the gym leader.

"Welcome to my gym! I hope you're prepared because we'll start as soon as you're ready!" said the gym leader as he pulled Miharu inside the gym.

Miharu caught the gym leader glancing at her pokeballs while his grin widened, showing both anxiousness and excitement.

"I'm ready to start as soon as you let me go." said Miharu with a hint of restrained tension.

Last edited:

mal'akh

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Dustin looked at the new challenger. "Alright no need to get testy with me", he said with a laugh. He let go and walked towards the battlefield door. It let into an open area, complete with grass, rocks, and a large pond on the side of it, for any water fighting, and flowers decorated the grass with pinks yellows and blues, there was no ceiling, and it was located in the center of the castle. He unlocked the door and opened it. A few other people followed him into the field so they may sit in the sitting area to watch and marvel.
    "This will be a two against two match. We will use single battling rules, and no other restrictions will be made. Once both Pokemon belonging to the trainer are knocked out, the battle is over and a winner is declared. If you win you get the Regal Badge, $14,000, and a TM 45", he said, holding up the badge and standing in the middle of the field.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • Miharu looked around the battleground, noticing that it's terrain was perfectly fine for any of her pokemon.

And the water helps for Garchomp's surf...

Miharu blinked back to reality as the gym leader's voice came into her ears.

"This will be a two against two match. We will use single battling rules, and no other restrictions will be made. Once both Pokemon belonging to the trainer are knocked out, the battle is over and a winner is declared. If you win you get the Regal Badge, $14,000, and a TM 45", he said, holding up the badge and standing in the middle of the field.

"Alright," said Miharu. "Who sends out their pokemon first?"

mal'akh

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Dustin laughed.
    "Ha ha ha! I do of course. Well, I send my Pokemon out, and then you get to attack first!"
    Dustin snapped his fingers. Suddenly the wind picked up, the leaves and flowers shook, then, petals of all colors littered the air with their scent and color. Then, a white gown faded into vision, swirling with the petals, finally revealing the Pokemon connected to it.
    "Gardevoir, it's time for us to perform. We must show them that in order to win, you must be able to feel humility. Let's go, my dear friend!" The avante garde Pokemon swished it's gown-like body back and forth.

"So trainer, introductions are in order! I am Dustin, Leader of the Vientown Gym. Hope you're in for a lesson, for humility is what you'll learn here!" he said with a laugh.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • Gallade

Miharu almost laughed at the Gardevoir as it appeared.

Well, I guess it's time for irony.

Miharu grabbed Gallade's pokeball and threw it in the air, not bothering to say anything.

Gallade came out of the pokeball and landed in a fighting stance, his center of gravity balanced, his legs apart; bended and tense, and he kept a wary eye on the Gardevoir.

Your wish Master?

Miharu inwardly scowled.

How many times have I told you not to call me master?

Too many times to count Master.

Just wait for my command.

"So trainer, introductions are in order! I am Dustin, Leader of the Vientown Gym. Hope you're in for a lesson, for humility is what you'll learn here!" They gym leader, no Dustin, with a laugh.

"Since you so politely introduced yourself, I shall as well. My name is Mizushima, Miharu; semi-finalist to the Indigo League Tournament 2006. I hope you're ready to lose."

Gallade, use Shadow Ball

Gallade had fired the Shadow Ball straight at Gardevoir...

(OOC: I have to admit, this is going to be slightly annoying if all we do is trade battle moves and practically only have one line posts. So, how do you want to do this?)

Back