• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Nope, whats causing it is the game version is out of sync with the game version in the gts script thats online, i forgot to update the game version in game, the same issue with affect the gts and the update available showing on the start screen.
    Thanks for the quick respond on this issue, Pokemon Yellow is one of my favorite in the series and the first I actually owned, thank you for making this amazing remake.

Years
  • First, double battling is broken. Every time I've tried to battle Jessie & James, I've gotten a script error message. The exact same issue has already been posted earlier by Pentsuu, so I'll save you the time of having to see that thing twice. EDIT: Completely forgot to explain what exactly is happening. When I choose my first attack, I get the error message. It then skips everything else that turn & only my first pokemon gets to attack. It isn't game-breaking or anything, but it sure does make smashing Jessie & James face in a lot less satisfying.

Known issue with the version of EBS, issue will be fixed in next update

Second, Fairy type doesn't show up when you're looking at the Pokemon. For example, when you look at Mr. Mime, it says he's solely psychic-type, but the psychic bar is far enough to the left to where you can tell that another type is supposed to be there. As far as in battle, it functions properly.
    Thanks, i think its just missing the images

Third, when Team Rocket controls Saffron City, some of their sprites are replaced with whatever Pokemon that I've put in the daycare. There was a Squirtle guarding the door to the house on the upper left side of the city that told me to get lost or something like that. I removed Squirtle & replaced it with Eevee & one of the TR sprites (a different one this time) became Eevee.

Through i'd fixed that

1) When battling your rival in the Pokemon Tower, his Pokemon seem rather overleveled. I haven't skipped any trainers, I've beaten Team Rocket in Celadon & my highest pokemon is still 10 levels under his Jolteon. Needless to say, I wiped to him. When it sends me to the Pokecenter following the black out, the script stops running & the game crashes. It happens every time, too.
    I'll have a look

2) Snorlax's follow sprite is bugged.
    I'll have a look

3) I don't know if you intended to do this, but Shellder is unobtainable in all of the areas that he's traditionally available in in Pokemon Yellow. In fact, he and Cloyster show up as "Area Unknown" in the dex.
    I'll have a look

4) Some of the trades seem to be backwards as well. Again, not sure if it is intended to be this way, but you have to give a Lickitung for a Parasect instead of the other way around. As far as I know, Licktitung was never available anywhere else other than in-game trade.
    Lickitung is available in the cerulean cave - http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lickitung_(Pokémon)#Game_locations
    The trades are taken from here
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/In-game_trade#Yellow

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Not sure if its just me but the game crashes every time I go battle. just started and i cant even make it out of veridian forest. pop up menu says "Script interpreter line 275:runtime error occurred". I have tried deleting and downloading again but still pops up everytime. Is ther any way to fix this issue? Would really like to play the game but this issue is preventing me from getting through even the veridian forrest.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    I can deposit pokemon into the GTS but can't get any back it just says I need to update. I updated via the updater.jar and it still says I need to update. Is it because I started a game before I updated? Do I need to restart my game?

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    1. I play this game and it works fine for the most part, however my friend wants to download it and she doesn't know how to play with the updates correctly installed. I don't really recall how I put the folders together so could you tell me the easiest method for downloading the game (where to put what and what to do)
    2. Is there a way to get evolutionary items like the sun stone or metal coat?

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    1. I play this game and it works fine for the most part, however my friend wants to download it and she doesn't know how to play with the updates correctly installed. I don't really recall how I put the folders together so could you tell me the easiest method for downloading the game (where to put what and what to do)
    2. Is there a way to get evolutionary items like the sun stone or metal coat?
    Your following pokemon will pick up items just talk to them randomly I've gotten sun stone from them before not sure if you get a metal coat from them.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Your following pokemon will pick up items just talk to them randomly I've gotten sun stone from them before not sure if you get a metal coat from them.

Well I was able to randomly get a sun stone yesterday, still no metal coat.

Just beat the game, don't know how to access Sevii Islands and the guy blocking entrance from the cerulean cave won't budge. Also I'm still waiting on a response for the best way to download and sort the files for the game for my friend. Loved the game though, very well done and I can see the work put into it. Great job!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2024
    I have a problem. When I try to update the game (I run updater.jar), nothing happens. I downloaded the updater from PLY page (releases) and overwrote the original updater.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2016
    Do you have java installed?

To be clear:

You downloaded the 1.0 release zip, extracted that, downloaded the updater, overwrote the updater.jar that you originally extracted with the 1.1 updater, ran that, and nothing happened?

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2024
    Yes, I have java installed (not the newest one though, I need older version to work with java applets for gomoku and renju) and yes, I downloaded the release (PLY Release Complete + Updater 1.01) - everything is in one folder. I ran the updater (.jar) and nothing happened.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2016
    I have the same problem using the newest Java, clicking the updater does nothing. Perhaps a download link for the game that's already been updated?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2017
    Hey! I played this for like 45 mins now and I'm loving it! But why does a lvl 65 and a lvl 70 Rattata appears on Route 2 for no reason? hahaha

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2017
    Hey can I ask another question? I already updated the game but for some reason, the game always says the "There is a new version. Please update." Can someone help me with this?

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    hi all, thanks for the game

i think i found 2 bug, one it's the problem with double battle, but i read now that it will be fixed

the second problem it's with the megaevolution... after done it one time, the pokemon doesn't de-megaevolve and the next time, also if i try to megaevolve nothing happens, but the megaevolve skin is stucked always

thanks again, and sry for my english

Back