• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2014
    someone help me, the game is muted here

The game is not muted, there are just no audio files in 0.21 I uploaded 0.20 up above that has the original audio files. So just take the audio files from mine and put it in des's 0.21.

Hi Desbrina,

I can confirm the bug in the Rocket Hideout of Celadon City. Whenever you use the lift to go to B2F you will be stuck and the game will crash or at least have the appearance of having crashed (no movement, cannot access menu).

All other floors work fine with the lift. I don't think this causes any issues in terms of blocking access to content.

Thanks for the great work. I'll continue to post any other glitches I encounter.

Also confirm that this bug happens. It just blocks that floor but b3f is where you need to go so it doesnt block access. So far I haven't noticed any other big bugs.

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2014
    I keep getting a 404 error when i click on the download link on the website? Any help?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I keep getting a 404 error when i click on the download link on the website? Any help?

At the moment the working link is
    https://lightning-yellow.com/PLY 0.21a.zip

people were having trouble with the website link downloading the wrong file

Yeah, i forgot to add the audio files back in after compressing the game. It doesn't compress if they are present.

Thanks for the rocket hideout bug, i'll get onto that

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2022
    I found another bug. I'm stuck on the 3rd floor of Victory Road. I went up a ladder into a room with two cooltrainers. It was a dead-end so I tried to use the ladder I came up but I just reappear in the same room. Escape ropes and dig do not work. Unfortunately I saved before I fought the trainers.

Also, the conversation with the girl on the fifth floor of the Celadon Department Store isn't complete, making it impossible to get the 3 TMs she gives out.

Minor issues aside, this is a fantastic game and the best work on the site! I'll wait as patiently as I can for the next update!

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2014
    I found another bug. I'm stuck on the 3rd floor of Victory Road. I went up a ladder into a room with two cooltrainers. It was a dead-end so I tried to use the ladder I came up but I just reappear in the same room. Escape ropes and dig do not work. Unfortunately I saved before I fought the trainers.

Also, the conversation with the girl on the fifth floor of the Celadon Department Store isn't complete, making it impossible to get the 3 TMs she gives out.

Minor issues aside, this is a fantastic game and the best work on the site! I'll wait as patiently as I can for the next update!

For the conversation with the girl on the fifth floor, I had the same situation happen to me except I chose 'NO' as my option and gave her the drinks. Just answer 'NO' each time you talk to her and have the drinks in your bag to get the TM's.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2015
    Hey Desbrina. I'm really enjoying the new game, especially since the 0.21 patch. I'm wondering if you could have a look at the fishing mechanic.
    It seems that, when I catch something, the character will act as it I have caught a Pokemon, and the ellipses will start over again after saying "Oh, a bite!". Occasionally, my character will retract the rod, and will stand there like an idiot, awaiting my next move. Perhaps, if you can, look into the fishing mechanics and ensure that everything is functioning properly. I'll admit, I haven't payed much attention to the fishing mechanic after Crystal...
    As well, I just want to say that the safari zone is testing my patience with the fleeing and the stuff. Any recommendations?

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2015
    Sorry to post again, but I've hit an impassable impasse at Victory Road. As mentioned above, one of the ladders leads to a dead end on the 3rd floor. None of the holes to drop from work either. It seems that is the only way to complete Victory Road as well as to encounter Moltres. If you could look into this issue, it'd be hugely appreciated!

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    Hello Desbrina,

as Kevmeister will translate to Spanish I can also translate into Portuguese
    How should I proceed? likewise? translate all second lines?

and one more question have an estimate of when the 0.19 out?

hello, first off I want to thank you for this wonderful game and wanted to ask if you already have available the translation into Spanish. I do not know how to open the game in rpg maker to edit the dialogs, do not open the file because there is no .rxproj format. I hope I can help or where can I download the editable version of the game, greetings and thanks again for the game

P. D. this was translated by google traslate

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I had a thought, make facilities like the stadiums from pokemon stadium 1 and 2. The yellow version was the first game to introduce the rules seen in the Poke, Pika, and Petite cups from the first stadium game after all, this will make it more reason to breed pokemon and you wont have o be forced to evolve Pikachu for whatever reason as well since you can breed another to breed a Raichu and then if you add the Little Cup from Stadium 2 then you can breed another Pichu for that just to name examples. Might also be smart to make a league tournament to play prior to the elite 4.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Sorry about the late reply, been on holiday and came back to severe internet problems in my room due to a faulty switch

issue with tms on celadon roof is sorted. for the time being just say no as Brnjacobe suggested.

i've noticed the fishing issue when testing, so far i can't seem whats wrong but its being looked into

can someone clarify which part of victory road?
    the only part on floor 3 where there are two cooltrainers is in the middle, and you should be able to go right instead of up and reach the exit

Found the issue with rocket lift and floor two. for some reason, one of the floor tiles is autorunning, but only when its in a certain space. i can move the event across one tile and it won't do it, move it back and it will do it

paco 88
    theres no translations available as no one has done one. You can't edit the game as its encrypted. If you want i can provide the text and you can translate it and it can be put into the game

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I tried to download the current demo but the link on the website has been terminated somehow.

EDIT: Nevermind found the temporary link lol

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    something we could use is a list of the moves a pokemon can learn because getting a volt tackle pickachu is high on my mind right now but I want to avoid breeding if it's actually made as a level up move for this game. And besides that I dunno if any pikachu you get in this game will follow you as the original game programmed or not, so thats a concern I have regarding that.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2022
    can someone clarify which part of victory road?
    the only part on floor 3 where there are two cooltrainers is in the middle, and you should be able to go right instead of up and reach the exit

From where I'm stuck I can see the exit and the cooltrainer duo to the left, but as I am on a higher ledge I cannot get down.

There are two trainers in the area I'm stuck in but not next to each other. One is a female with Parasect, Dewgong, and Chansey. I don't remember what the male cooltrainer has.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
  • Yeh I guess I could do those trainer sprites for you if u still need them?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    From where I'm stuck I can see the exit and the cooltrainer duo to the left, but as I am on a higher ledge I cannot get down.

There are two trainers in the area I'm stuck in but not next to each other. One is a female with Parasect, Dewgong, and Chansey. I don't remember what the male cooltrainer has.

found it and fixed

looneyman1 - moves should be pretty much in line with x/y

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Thank you that helps me figure out all I needed to know moveset wise.

Also what do you think of my idea regarding the pokemon stadium 1 and 2 tournaments? Sinc everyone's at victory road at this moment I doubt that my after thought of a proper league tournament will be possible but I do hope my idea of those tournaments being available either as as a post-game quest or something one can do at any point of the game sounds plasible.

Back