• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Liquid

How d oyou think I'm progressing on this game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HackinJohn

FireRed ROM Hacker
    Years
    When you start the game and go to that forest, the Pokemon are too rare to catch with just a Pokeball. May I suggest changing them to be more common? Like Caterpie, Pidgey, or Ralts?

It just takes too long. I tried for forty minutes and didn't catch one.

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
    Oh, yeah, there's a problem with the coding there.

Throw 4 baits and then 4 rocks then throw a ball. And I suggest catching a Pichu as the first gym leader has flying types.

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    When you start the game and go to that forest, the Pokemon are too rare to catch with just a Pokeball. May I suggest changing them to be more common? Like Caterpie, Pidgey, or Ralts?

It just takes too long. I tried for forty minutes and didn't catch one.

Well, I'm sticking with RM2K3Kid's original starters, and they're not too rare to catch. I've put in some random number commands in the DNP Battle System to make it more challenging, but it's so easy to catch them in the beta. And you use a Safari Ball, not a pokeball.

EDIT: AND WHY DID YOU TRY FOR FOURTY MINUTES?LOL

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
    EDIT: AND WHY DID YOU TRY FOR FOURTY MINUTES?LOL
    Well that wouldn't be happening if the Pokemon weren't so hard to catch. Can't you make it so that all it takes is one bait or a rock to catch it? In order for me to catch my Pichu, I had to throw 4 baits and 4 rocks. A newbie with no Safari Zone skills would probably just throw one bait as soon as he saw it and then throw a ball.

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    That;s what I'm saying about the random numbers. The pokemon's HP will have to be less than or equal to a random number, and the trust will have to be greater than or equal to a random number.

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    Well, right now the enemies pokemon's HP must be less than or equal to 19 and the enemies trust must be 4 or greater. Of course each time you throw a rock, the enemies HP decreases by 1-3 and every time you use a piece of bait, it's trust goes up 1-3. Needless to say your HP can't reach zero, and your trust can't go past 10.

The Dash

Hurr.
    Years
    Im new to this site and this game looks crazy! I never knew that someone could make their own pokemon game. Anyway call me a newb, i dont care, but i want to play the demo and my computer wont help me with any of the links. So anyway, I would like someone to help me with the links. Sry for the repitition, but it would be really nice to play the demo to such a cool looking game

Maybe if you told us what the problem is then..?

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    I meant to put that in my last post. We can't help you if yu just tell us it won't work. The problem could be anywhere from you not having the computer on, to your zip file being corrupted. But you probably need the RTP, which I don't know if we can give a link here. I know we can't give a link to the program, but I think the RTP is legal.

Edit:Okay, I've finally fixed the Ryan intro. I think there was an error in the project file, because all I did was move the tile one down, since it was going to far up by one tile and getting stuck. I played the game and it went one tile below the hero. So, I went in and moved it back to the original position and it worked. As you can see, RM2K3 obviously didn't save the change correctly, or could've been closed "improperly".

Anyways, I've thought about the campsite stuff and restaurant stuff and don't think it's a good idea. Sike, just messin' with ya. There will be a beach side shack like all the other games and other restaurants scattered through the map, like in big cities. There will also be a couple campsites that'll be like a safari too. Well, with all this stuff, you'll probably see a beta soon. More than likely it won't have any of this stuff available, but it'll be put into progress.

Spinach

like popeye
    Years
    Wow...

I had just started playing my Sapphire game again so I would have some pokemon to transfer to D/P, and on a whim I decided to look for some new pokemon hacks. I came across this. The only thing i had tried before was ips hacks, etc. I knew you could use RPG Maker, but i had no idea about this level of complexity. I mean, 3d maps, and all this stuff. It's amazing. I really wish I could help, but i have absolutely no experience and would not want to ruin your game. Keep up the good work, and 'll be looking forward to the finished product!

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    Well, thanks. It's not really that complex until you get into the CBS and part of the CMS. All you have to do is practice with events and get used to them.

Well, I'm going to release a new Beta on April 22........... Joking, It'll be April 16, and maybe a couple days sooner to show what I've fixed and added. Hopefully you won't be disappointed.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
    i dont think we will be disappointed. youve worked hard, and i think this will have great potential. i will try out this beta game, and see if it is ok (if it is over 15mb, i cant download it as my internet is slow and disconnects after 2 hours :() you have done well, and RM2K3Kid would be proud.

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    Okay, nobody's posted in a few days, s here I go.

I need a decision from all you reading here. About the next demo, you can decide whether I should release it on April 16, or a little bit later. If I release it on April 16, you'll probably be able to fight pokemon on route 4, and battle the gym leader with the pokemon you catch in the DNP, but you won't be able to battle the battlers or get any further. However, if I release it a little later, probably a week, than you'll be able to go into Azurill cave, maybe further, and I'll try to make a mission to get cut and be able to battle the battlers on Route 4. And depending on if Krishnan gets the lights done, I might have a sample Day and Night system. So either get it a week sooner, or ave more features. This will also give me a little time to worlk on the menu.

@lightning devlon: I'm sure it'll be below 15mb, and if not I'll just delete some of the resources not being used by maps in the demo.

@krishnan: Thanks, don't rush or anything from what I said above.

I will also be putting up a website and forum for Liquid soon, so keep a watch on my sig.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
    hmm.... great, should be able to download it now without any bother. if you want, release the demo (or beta as i call it) whenever you want to.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back