• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Lustrous Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnlycett

Not Booted Out - be like me!
Years
  • hmm... i really don't know what to say, maybe this a reallly good start.
    Try to make it have its diffence. E.G new pallet, differnt tiles you guys know where im going with this or maybe just leave it how it is?

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2008
    Dude, this is really good and all, but u really have to leave shiny gold alone man....
    I mean, shiny gold is cool cuz it's original, and if u copy it, it won't be as good....
    Just make ur own hack and leave shiny gold alone, says I...

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
    Years
  • Oh brother, another "Remake". Jesus, HOW DAMN REMAKES (NOTABLY GOLD) DO WE NEED FREAKING NEED? Oh yeah its so fun playing the same damn region of Johto OVER AND OVER with only minor differences and a few NPC's.

Could you people at least TRY to be original?

Remakes are not original, remakes require little thought, and I'm seeing way too many around here, and it's pissing me off. Sorry (actually I'm not) if you're offended, but the truth hurts sometimes.

And yeah, they should ban all Gold/Silver remakes from this site (Except Shiny Gold). I'm dead serious.

Last edited:

johnlycett

Not Booted Out - be like me!
    Years
  • Oh brother, another "Remake". Jesus, HOW DAMN REMAKES (NOTABLY GOLD) DO WE NEED FREAKING NEED? Oh yeah its so fun playing the same damn region of Johto OVER AND OVER with only minor differences and a few NPC's.

Remakes are not original, remakes require little thought, and I'm seeing way too many around here, and it's pissing me off. Sorry (actually I'm not) if you're offended, but the truth hurts sometimes.

And yeah, they should ban all Gold/Silver remakes from this site (Except Shiny Gold). I'm dead serious.

OMG you are so right why theres no point you guys are sort of waisting your time. Zel has it covered, i mean are differnt tile gonna do much? No so maybe you should not do this if your gonna do a hack have something uniqe E.G. Pokemon johto histories
    my point is we dont really need one but we cant stop you but make it out of the ordaniary.

Years
  • Why would you want to make a remake of SG, thats just plain stupid. If SG is already out, why make another, on the same console? I mean its like a remake of Fire Red on GBA with different characters. Now thats just stupid really. Whatever happened to originality? Why does everything have to be remake, remake, remake. Something new would be nice.
    Anyway Im sorry to anyone who got offended if any of you dont like what i said too bad, deal with it.
    One remake is enough.

Evan

Check out my Hatchery!
    Years
  • .:Hack Name:.
    Pokemon Shiny Silver

.:Hack Of:.
    Pokemon FireRed

.:Introduction:.
    First zel brought Johto back to life in Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Now I'm Bringing Johto Back to life in: Pokemon Shiny Silver.

.: Story:.
    You have just turned ten and you are called by Professor Elm to receive your first Pokemon. You are able to choose
    Cyndaquil the fire type, Chikorita the grass type and Totodile the water type. You are returning from your first
    mission when you receive a call from Professor Elm about an emergency, now your adventure begins.

.:Status:.
    Like the Shinygold thread ill have a status area so you can stay up to date. If you want to know status of the hack without navigating to my thread you can also look at my location tag
    Current Status: "School is back on but not too much homework yet so expect regular updates still"

.:Game Status:.
    We will be using the goal system, When we reach the first goal screenshots begin and the Beta ends there, The second goal is the post of the beta.
    If underlined it is already done. If Bold it is what is currently being done. If it is plain text it hasnt been reached yet.
    New Bark Town
    Route 29
    Cherrygrove City
    Route 30
    Route 31

Violet City
    Route 32
    Route 36
    Ruins of Alph
    Union Cave
    Route 33
    Azalea Town
    Slowpoke well
    Ilex Forest
    Route 34
    Goldenrod City (first goal, Beta ends here, Alpha is sent out)
    Route 35
    National Park
    Route 37
    Ecruteak City (second goal, Post of Beta)

.:Features:.
    Johto Region
    All Johto legendaries
    Several new rivals
    Johto and Kanto

.:Screenshots:.
    New Bark Town
    newbarktownjd6.jpg

chikoritaer4.png
    cyndaquilrh4.png
    totodilebr9.png

Route 29
    29dn7.jpg

29ajn4.png
    29bpv5.png

Cherrygrove City
    cherrygrovecitydj5.jpg

cgarq7.png
    cgbxo3.png
    screenshot1fm3.png

.:Current Staff:.
    If a name is in parentheses ( ) I am waiting for a PM
    Needed: A tile editor, and another overworld sprite editor.
    If you are interested in helping please PM me.
    Current Staff:
    Mappers: Garfieldlover94, Pokefanatic12698, DP Master 92
    Scripter(s): esmas!, DP Master 92 (peirau)
    Overworld spriter(s): pokenaruto
    In-battle BGM editor: (Cartman)
    In-battle Spriter(s): esmas! (Pokemon1.0)
    ASM: (Pokemon1.0)

STILL WAITING FOR A PM FROM CARTMAN, GARFIELDFAN AND GREEN CHARIZARD!

.:Rules:.
    1. Please do not post bugs, PM them to me, one post of a bug will grow into 10
    2. If you want to help, pm me
    3. If you want to be an Alpha Tester please pm me

.:Support Banners:.

shinysilverbt1.png

Code:
    http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/4057/shinysilverbt1.png

All thanks to ♠εx

.:Beta's and alpha's:.
    Here is how I am going to do Beta's/Alpha's.
    I will select five Alpha testers that are not part of my team. The Alpha is released when i have reached the first goal and it is sent to the Alpha testers. It is the Alpha Tester's responsibility to PM me about any glitches that are found. The Beta will be released when the second goal is reached and is available to everybody. Please PM me if you dont understand something about this. This is where Beta's will be posted too.

I DO NOT GIVE RELEASE DATES!

Alpha Testers:
    My friend not on PC: Stephan
    ‎G14c30n
    3 more needed pm if interested

Even though I loved shiny gold, and I think you may be stealing Zel's thunder... I like it. Especcially since you aren't just taking his ROM and editing it. Also, will the daycare egg have a 50/50 chance of being shiny?

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • I'm getting tired of these remakes but, a remake of a remake? Like we say in Spanish, that's curling the curl...

You should put your brains to work on a story and make something new about something that hasn't been done.

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    zel wont be happy when he sees this and anyway everyones right remake of a remake is very stupid

peirau

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    Hey just make a new hack not a remake of a remake this isn't good man.
    And sorry i can't script i've already deleted all my programs and don't hack anymore...
    But just get a new idea and make a good hack.
    Hope it will be nice =).

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
  • hmm... i really don't know what to say, maybe this a reallly good start.
    Try to make it have its diffence. E.G new pallet, differnt tiles you guys know where im going with this or maybe just leave it how it is?

Dude, this is really good and all, but u really have to leave shiny gold alone man....
    I mean, shiny gold is cool cuz it's original, and if u copy it, it won't be as good....
    Just make ur own hack and leave shiny gold alone, says I...

Oh brother, another "Remake". Jesus, HOW DAMN REMAKES (NOTABLY GOLD) DO WE NEED FREAKING NEED? Oh yeah its so fun playing the same damn region of Johto OVER AND OVER with only minor differences and a few NPC's.

OMG you are so right why theres no point you guys are sort of waisting your time. Zel has it covered, i mean are differnt tile gonna do much? No so maybe you should not do this if your gonna do a hack have something uniqe E.G. Pokemon johto histories
    my point is we dont really need one but we cant stop you but make it out of the ordaniary.

Why would you want to make a remake of SG, thats just plain stupid. If SG is already out, why make another, on the same console? I mean its like a remake of Fire Red on GBA with different characters. Now thats just stupid really. Whatever happened to originality? Why does everything have to be remake, remake, remake. Something new would be nice.
    Anyway Im sorry to anyone who got offended if any of you dont like what i said too bad, deal with it.
    One remake is enough.

I'm getting tired of these remakes but, a remake of a remake? Like we say in Spanish, that's curling the curl...

You should put your brains to work on a story and make something new about something that hasn't been done.

zel wont be happy when he sees this and anyway everyones right remake of a remake is very stupid

Hey just make a new hack not a remake of a remake this isn't good man.
    And sorry i can't script i've already deleted all my programs and don't hack anymore...
    But just get a new idea and make a good hack.
    Hope it will be nice =).

Your not Acting smart i want you to edit that or you will get banned.

I am answering all in one shot. I ALREADY POSTED IT WILL NOT BE AN SG REMAKE!
    If you would bother to read all of the posts you would realize this. Please delete all of these posts. it is like a whole page of old news.

Thanks for backing me up Pokenaruto

Jvg

Sir JvG for Friends
    Years
  • If its not a Remake, then tell me what it is, just a normal hack with the Johto in it? Its a really nice Hack and its looking good, but still its one of those hack I am getting bored off:tired:

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • I am answering all in one shot. I ALREADY POSTED IT WILL NOT BE AN SG REMAKE!
    If you would bother to read all of the posts you would realize this. Please delete all of these posts. it is like a whole page of old news.

Thanks for backing me up Pokenaruto
    Even if it's not a remake of shiny gold, it's a remake of gold/silver no matter how you put it, and the result is the same. The hack's name makes the similarity with shiny gold more obvious, but that doesn't matter.
    I don't care if the truth hurts you, but this is yet another unoriginal GSC remake. I hate those hacks. Actually I only like shiny gold because of the awesome work on it and the added stuff, but the main concept of the game pisses me off. Double of the same for this.
    What I say is true, if you don't like it, then do something else.

Apple Inc.

Years
  • New rules: 1. No posts regarding Shiny Gold
    2. No negative posts
    3. No foul language what-so-ever, that is actually a PC rule
    *I WILL NOT TOLERATE FAILURE TO FOLLOW RULES*

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • New rules: 1. No posts regarding Shiny Gold
    2. No critics
    3. No foul language what-so-ever, that is actually a PC rule
    *I WILL NOT TOLERATE FAILURE TO FOLLOW RULES*
    fine then... :sleeping: although I don't know how will you "apply rules" if you're not a staff member

Changing topic, you should do some work on the tiles. filling route 29 with lots of round bushes is NOT a good idea

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    ... This is getting out of hand...
    Let me try clearing things out.

This is a SILVER remake, not a SHINY GOLD remake.

Anywho.., are ya planning big for Lugia in this hack..?

Eheheh... I'm really addicted to Lugia, by the way.

Best of luck, as always! ;)

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
    Years
  • fine then... :sleeping: although I don't know how will you "apply rules" if you're not a staff member

Changing topic, you should do some work on the tiles. filling route 29 with lots of round bushes is NOT a good idea

Well Teh Baro has a point, but it not going to be a COMPLETE silver remake, whatsoever, as a matter a fact you won't even know it is a silver remake, also there will be new areas, so the storyline will not be the same. Garfieldlover94 is not the only one making a silver remake there are plenty others, so don't be judging this hack just because the is has the word "Shiny" in it , besides Zel does not have the word "Shiny" Copyrighted (No offense to, Zel), so he can use whatever name he chooses.

PS. Teh Baro, those bushes are to replace the small trees, but we are getting new tiles, also, please do not make a big deal about this, as me nor garfieldlover94 critizized your hack(s) Quartz and Marble.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Well Teh Baro has a point, but it not going to be a COMPLETE silver remake, whatsoever, as a matter a fact you won't even know it is a silver remake, also there will be new areas, so the storyline will not be the same. Garfieldlover94 is not the only one making a silver remake there are plenty others, so don't be judging this hack just because the is has the word "Shiny" in it , besides Zel does not have the word "Shiny" Copyrighted (No offense to, Zel), so he can use whatever name he chooses.

PS. Teh Baro, those bushes are to replace the small trees, but we are getting new tiles, also, please do not make a big deal about this, as me nor garfieldlover94 critizized your hack(s) Quartz and Marble.

It's not critiquizing because I can, I just say "oh wow another G/S remake" every time I see a thread like this, even if it has its little stuff and such. Of course I could have said this in a lot of hacks, (in fact I though this when I knew about shiny gold).

What I just say is that people should try to create even more brand new games. Don't make a storm in a teacup here, don't get mad at me, I'm just saying that because I think it's true. Apart from that, I don't care of what you do or stop doing. The hack is well made, but... what can I say... we all know that story, etc. Even if you add little NPCs around... I'm not flaming you or your hack, I'm putting my opinion on the whole genre of hacks

Garfieldlover94 is not the only one making a silver remake there are [S-HIGHLIGHT]plenty[/S-HIGHLIGHT] others
    That, and only that, it's what I mean. Extra focus on plenty.

Apple Inc.

Years
  • as i have said many times before, this hack will have many more events, that are either new rivals, more double battles, Sinnoh Pokemon and a side story for every Legendary that is not Celebi, Ho-Oh or Lugia. All of the other legendaries have some sort of sidequest i am gonna write over the weekend.

NEW TILES, TITLE SCREEN, AND 2 SINNOH POKEMON COMING SOON! (in first beta and first alpha)

Last edited:

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Yeah, I hope there are new tiles to this, because it would add a little more originality than using Zel's ones, because I know a lot of hacks who did.
    Anyways, I hope you get them soon, because I can't wait for the release!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Worry not, Esmas!

DP Master told me that there's gonna be new tiles and new twist in this hack. ^^

Best of luck...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back