• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Lustrous Silver

Should this hack be renamed Lustrous Gold and share a thread with Glowing Silver?

• Rename it but don't share thread with Glowing Silver

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Don't rename it or share thread with Glowing Silver

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Rename it and share thread

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Don't rename it but share thread

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Are you still mapping NEW BARK TOWN, because your progress meter
    still says mapping NEW BARK TOWN?

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    Are you still mapping NEW BARK TOWN, because your progress meter
    still says mapping NEW BARK TOWN?

I am going to start tomorrow I have a 4 day weekend so... alot can be done. We are fixing up the palette to meet our fans satisfaction

Years
    I am going to start tomorrow I have a 4 day weekend so... alot can be done. We are fixing up the palette to meet our fans satisfaction

How long have you been working on this game? Still up to New Bark Town....
    And who cares about fans satisfaction, it should be the, unlest completely terrible, Cretors Decision.

Okay, I have lost 2 scripters. Kristian temporarily and Forgotten Memory permanently. They either quit hacking, left PC, or are working on another game. I am going to ask this thread be closed 48 hours after this post. I can develop a new team of scripters in this time.
    Wanted: Scripter, Mininum ability: Followme
    You can't rely on others helping out. If you want to be "Lustrous Silver = Ownership" you should learn to do more than just map. Scripting is an everyday thing now, and new scripts are in 90% of hacks. If you want this statement/equation, "Lustrous Silver = Ownership," to mean something. You're going to stop heavily relying on people. LEARN TO SCRIPT YOURSELF!

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    I think this is another one of those threads that just keeps posting, not updating. If your not very far into the game, close the thread until you are, threads just distract you from your hack.

If your only up to New Bark, then you better get a move on...

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    I just looked, this hack was started November 22, 2007. And they're only at New Bark Town???

I think your right Crashink, I would close the thread if I were them, as they are getting no where.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
    Years

What the hell!!
    This guy is so slow!
    It's not really dea, just there dont do any work, coz he cant script.
    Kristian hasn't left PC either...
    Trust me, learn how to script, It's the best!
    Anyways, hopefully we'll finally see some progress soon...

Years
    the thing about the progress is slow is true..but it wassnt so long ago he restarted the hack eighter thought..so maybe thats the reason he's just in newbark? :/
    but its true, u should learn to script yourself..that way, the progress will be MUCH faster..so u dont have to find a scripter or wait for him to go online then ask him if he can do the script..
    and thethethethe and horus have both made an scripting tool..
    and theres alot of scripting tutorials on PC atm..

EDIT: and also, Garfieldlover..you worry to much about fans..u keep on making new banners insted of making the game .. :/
    the longer your hack is, the more fans will come..:|

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Really, for the past few months I've been checking on this hack periodically to see what was going on. Your updates are the same - it's either some recruitment message or something useless about your forums. Seriously, if you really cared about this we would've have seen some progress on this hack. You NEED to focus on the hack, not on fans, forums, or anything else. It's really been pissing me off seeing this wasting space on the first page (almost every day) when absolutely NO progress has been done on this hack.

Apple Inc.

Years
    I am very sorry about slow progress. We had most of Sinnohs mapping done for Beta 1 and some of Johto but the Rom expanded itself and we had to restart. FM is almost done the palette improvement and we will resume mapping. When maps are all done, scripting will begin.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    I am very sorry about slow progress. We had most of Sinnohs mapping done for Beta 1 and some of Johto but the Rom expanded itself and we had to restart. FM is almost done the palette improvement and we will resume mapping. When maps are all done, scripting will begin.

So your saying you've been mapping this whole time???
    You should have scripted whlie you were mapping...

All you care about is your fans, well consider me not one anymore!

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    So your saying you've been mapping this whole time???
    You should have scripted whlie you were mapping...

All you care about is your fans, well consider me not one anymore!

Its just his style of doing things, and its not his fault that some of the scripters left and that the ROM expanded

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
    Years
    You can't rely on others helping out. If you want to be "Lustrous Silver = Ownership" you should learn to do more than just map. Scripting is an everyday thing now, and new scripts are in 90% of hacks. If you want this statement/equation, "Lustrous Silver = Ownership," to mean something. You're going to stop heavily relying on people. LEARN TO SCRIPT YOURSELF!

I agree,EVERY leader should know how to script,it frustrates me that a leader is just doing mapping and other easy stuff using tools,like A-text,and then they get a load of help by other people.I seriously can't believe that happens.

Do you even know how many tutorials there are,I bet anyone could learn how to script

If you care so much about youre fans,you should do more stuff at least

Still in New Bark??

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    I like how this thread is going.
    No offense, but I dunno if it's like this, but it looks like if this guy could only map and want to create a team of people who can actually do some stuff.

But the actual issue is that this hack started 22nd November last year and there's nothing yet, he started with the idea of creating a gsc remake with a name very parallel to shiny gold's (come on, lustrous? I'm not complaining about the name, pero shiny and lustrous are synonyms...), then since some people me included complained about this, decided to make something different and such and blah blah blah.

But the fact is that there's nothing yet.

-and I retrained myself quite a lot, because I don't want this guy to baww saying I flamed him or something-

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
    Years
    Im not saying its good whats been going on with the taking forever thing.
    But at least the hack is still actually going, and just like everyone else he deserves the support like every other hacker gets...
    Good luck with your hack buddy!​

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    Enough, everyone! this has gone too far. If you can't find something nice to say than you don't need to be coming in here and making a scene. As another member of the staff I know that there are other matters that Garfield has been dealing with besides having to completely restart the hack. So here's the deal, If you don;t like how things are going, then go make your own hack.

now to things back on topic, Hey Garfield I finished those maps you wanted, you should be up to Violet now, at least mapping-wise.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    SHUT UP I talk how I want to talk,you don't tell me ''creido''
    If you can't accept the fact that I am a Part of this Hack's staff, and that gives me the right to tell you to shut up, then get the heck out of this thread. You'll only cause trouble and we don't want that in here.

I am disgusted with the rudeness in this thread, you people have the right to ask why the game's progress is slow, but you do not have the right to bash the creator of the hack, especially coming from people who are not hackers themselves, and have no idea the struggles that come along with hacking.

what the ponit there a shiny gold at there siver it just then same.
    No, the hacks are not going to be the same. We will give you the opportunity to travel to Sinnoh, and we will also have a somewhat different storyline.

He was talking to VC there,not Garfield

4fetter,log back on and remove me from your friend list

Anyways,is Garfield starting another hack or continuing this one
    From what I know, he's still continuing this hack.

Apple Inc.

Years
    TO THE MODS: Please close this thread ASAP. I will request it be reopened when a preview can be released.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back