• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Manga into an Anime?

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    The manga would make a better anime if they did it right. But I doubt they would.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    *randomthought* Mahou Sensei Negima! has three different TV shows. How come Pokemon can't have two?

(I still don't think it will, though.)

If they're going to animate it, it would probably be in OVA form, and it probably wouldn't ever be dubbed.

Actually it doesn't matter if it isn't dubbed. All the better if its not released in the U.S. Because for starters U.S. dubbing would only ruin it (too much editing and stuff) The good part is that as long as a japanese version anime of it exists one way or another fansub groups will pick them up. Therefore as long as they make this new anime rated 13 like naruto, detective conan, and rockman, the show will get appreciated. I bet if they did this in the first place the show would have clicked immediately. But its too late now, it would take 10 years for the show to reach the emerald saga if they do make one now.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    *Points gun at Ash* ..*Shoots* another problem solved..

Ooh I'd love to see an anime version of Pokemon Special. They must keep the original storyline.. Then it probably never comes to the U.S. so 4Kids can't get their dirty hands on it. (Because it'll be much too violent for the kiddies in America). Or they will cut every single violent scene. What makes that left? Hmm an episode of 3 maybe 4? =D
    Oh come on, it's not as if the manga is so over the top violent that it would need to be aired at 2 in the morning. The manga has violence in it, yeah, but nothing crucial to the plot and not too much that would need to be cut. As for 4Kids, has everyone already forgotten that they don't really have much to do with the series anymore?

Either way, I think it would make a great anime. The Special manga really is one of the best long running shounen titles out there and it's a shame it hasn't already made the transition, even just in OVA form.

auragirl

Back from the dead
    Years
    The manga would make a better anime if they did it right. But I doubt they would.
    so much truth in what this poster said. knowing who would dubb it, the anime would rape the manga and then it will be ruined. and these are the voices i imagine the characters will get.

red: something like ash's
    green: he'd probably get gary's voice
    blue: something horribly high-pitched and annoying.
    gold: like one of the previous poster's said, surferdude that keeps saying "HANG TEN!"
    crys: kiddie high-pitched or fake british
    silver: again, like the previous poster said, fat-guy voice
    ruby: a british voice like tao len (shaman king)
    sapphire: -_- probably something annoying
    emerald: something so utterly stupidly annoying, that you will turn the TV off -_- like a baby ash
    dia: a really dopey and stupid voice that sounds like a drunken hobo
    pearl: high-pitched and/or over-hyper that sounds like ash's new voice
    berlitz: snobby british

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I certainly hope so...the only thing I hope doesn't happen is that 4Kids get a hold of it...then we'll have Red and Blue sounding like a mouse, and Silver sounding like a fat guy.

And we all know that the Silver fangirl-type person talking to you now would die at that scenario. X.x

But, it would ruin the awesomeness that is Pokemon Special...plus it just makes the preps at my 90% populated prep school have even more targets on me. X.x

Preps: Do you watch Pokemon Special?
    SSS: Yup.
    Preps: Why is it called 'special'? Is it like...really special?
    SSS: Yup.
    Preps: Do they like...do it?!?!111
    SSS: Sure.
    Preps: Ew freak!!! OMG loser!!! I have to go throw up my lunch1! Bleh1!111
    SSS: ._.;;

And like it's been said, if 4Kids gets ahold of it...it'll be...well, for kids. Lame. Considering there's probably no one under 10 that reads PokeSpecial. X.x

Bonzai-Cat

The Best Around
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2011
    well if we're just thinking about the japanese only versions of pokemon special anime than I think it would do farily well as long as they put decent money into the animation and steer clear of filler episodes. I'm sorry it's just that for some reason Japanese filler episodes are usually worth crap, anyone ever see a Naruto or Dragonballz filler? I hate them!!!

skyterra

In Olivine city
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2008
    I certainly hope so...the only thing I hope doesn't happen is that 4Kids get a hold of it...then we'll have Red and Blue sounding like a mouse, and Silver sounding like a fat guy.

Don't forget that blood, swearing, and all the good stuff will get cut out.

Also, the puns will be worse than they are now from Viz

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
    D*mn, censorship SUCKS!!!!! They cut out things that they think would even have the slightest chance of offending some uptight busybody.

Also, how do you think Yellow's voice would sound before we found out that she was a girl?

lalalagirl

Die-hard Oldrivalshipper >:D~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2009
    D*mn, censorship SUCKS!!!!! They cut out things that they think would even have the slightest chance of offending some uptight busybody.

Also, how do you think Yellow's voice would sound before we found out that she was a girl?

Hehe maybe Yellow will have one of those high pitch young boy voice... =D

Cem-chan

Victory
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    It might be a country voice that sounds like a boy's and girl's. Can't think of any character who had that at the moment.

Edit: Oh wait I thought of someone. Dawn's voice from the very first DP episode. If it was a little lower (just a little) it'd be perfect for Yellow

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    ^ Holy crap.

Nice. I think I'd be saddened to see my favorite female character portrayed like that, though.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I would like to see the manga made into an anime, but, like everyone else said, 4Kids would totally screw it up by removing the actual PLOT and parts considered "inappropriate" (like that part where Gold pats Blue on the butt) because as we all know, the current anime is watched mainly by four and five-year-olds. Censorship? Wow.

And yes, there are immature third-graders who read Special (information gained from spying on little children on the school bus.)

And they would make Yellow sound like Ash's voice with a Texan accent while she was a "boy" and then put in the Dawn voice with a Texan accent. Oh my gosh I can actually see those coming out of Yellow's mouth...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    And yes, there are immature third-graders who read Special (information gained from spying on little children on the school bus.)

Ew. That's creepy. Sounds like something my cousin would do...he's like a mega perve. X.x And in 5th grade.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2008
    Personally I don't think the Manga should be turned into an anime, I totally prefer the series

hoennshipperxxx

pokémonmaster in training
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    ACCloud u'r tottaly right! all what you said is true and i agree!

if they would make an anime out of the manga, it would be the best they've ever done!

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2008

Or a 40-year-old cab driver...from JERSEY.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    well if we're just thinking about the japanese only versions of pokemon special anime than I think it would do farily well as long as they put decent money into the animation and steer clear of filler episodes. I'm sorry it's just that for some reason Japanese filler episodes are usually worth crap, anyone ever see a Naruto or Dragonballz filler? I hate them!!!

It makes me fat. -pokes chub-

Or a 40-year-old cab driver...from JERSEY.

X.x You guys are gonna give me nightmares. Silver's mah favorite...

If they did it correctly, he'd talk like an emo kid. And I could totally play his voice. <3 Blue would get a trashy voice. X.x My friend thinks she's trashy...and a few other words not worth mentioning.

Back