• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Manga into an Anime?

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Knowing 4Kids they'd probably make the girls the centre of attention, and never say that Yellow was a boy. But that would lead to no awesome shocked Red face... And they'd cut out Gold's "Dirty hands" and rather have him simply hit on Blue.

...But just remember, everyone, it's worth a try. And if our wishes come true, it'll stop the young PokéFans debating on how Ash's Pikachu is awesome... And talk about Pika instead >:3

Yeah I WAS wondering about that one. They made the anime counterparts of Sapphire and Berlitz main characters alongside twerpchum and not the male manga characters? The anime counterpart for gold (kenta) was only a special and Ruby (brendan) only had a cameo appearance in one of the movies. Also the fangirls are debating on that because THEY never saw how cool reds pika is.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    young PokéFans debating on how Ash's Pikachu is awesome...

Nobody does this.

"pikchu suxxorz lol raichu iz so much bettr"

The people more likely to dawww about Sato-no-Pikachu are teen and adult women, the kind who still think Hello Kitty is cute.

*shifty eyes* Not that... I... fall under that category... uh... *runs away*

Considering that Japanese companies, especially for kids shows, are trying to cater to wider international audiences anyway, I would think that if Pokemon Special got an anime, a lot (but maybe not all) of these things would ALREADY be removed from the Japanese version to make it more marketable. I believe that purple Jinx/Rougela is a victim of this. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. *moar shifty eyes*

shiraume

Plum Princess
    Years
    Yeah I WAS wondering about that one. They made the anime counterparts of Sapphire and Berlitz main characters alongside twerpchum and not the male manga characters? The anime counterpart for gold (kenta) was only a special and Ruby (brendan) only had a cameo appearance in one of the movies. Also the fangirls are debating on that because THEY never saw how cool reds pika is.

Not only did they exclude the boys, but no Blue and Yellow as well. And when they turned Sapphire into May, they took out a lot from her real personality, like how Sapphire is a battle maniac and a tomboy.

What had gotten into them, thinking that Ash, the Red ripoff, could earn the Pokemon name respect? It would have been better if they had stuck with the manga in the first place. If only 4Kids was out of the picture.

New Age Retro Hippie

No matter where I am, I...
    Years
    Actually... It's little boys. They're new to Pokémon. One even said my OC looked like Ash -_- I must educate them. I've started by randomly yelling on the bus that Pikachu is a Gary-Stu and that Pika is so much better, much to their confusion.

I HATE THE ANIME VERSIONS OF THE GIRLS. Oh, imagine Sapph meeting May ^.^

The manga must become and anime and overtake the current stuff in popularity. Then I can sit back in satisfaction when I hear:
    "Did you know that YELLOW IS A GIRL?"
    "*Snort* Yeah, Right. He's a boy, duh."

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    Not only did they exclude the boys, but no Blue and Yellow as well. And when they turned Sapphire into May, they took out a lot from her real personality, like how Sapphire is a battle maniac and a tomboy.

What had gotten into them, thinking that Ash, the Red ripoff, could earn the Pokemon name respect? It would have been better if they had stuck with the manga in the first place. If only 4Kids was out of the picture.

The anime characters are based off the GAME characters, NOT the manga characters. There is no reason to include Yellow in the anime, and Haruka is not based on Sapphire in any way, shape or form. For one thing, Haruka PREDATES Sapphire, and I'm fairly certain that the writers are not psychic.

Similarly, the anime came out before the manga, so Satoshi is NOT a Red ripoff. 4Kids also has nothing to do with Satoshi's characterization, particularly considering that, I dunno, the anime was made by the Japanese companies long before 4Kids was ever in the picture for it?

shiraume

Plum Princess
    Years

The anime characters are based off the GAME characters, NOT the manga characters. There is no reason to include Yellow in the anime, and Haruka is not based on Sapphire in any way, shape or form. For one thing, Haruka PREDATES Sapphire, and I'm fairly certain that the writers are not psychic.

Similarly, the anime came out before the manga, so Satoshi is NOT a Red ripoff. 4Kids also has nothing to do with Satoshi's characterization, particularly considering that, I dunno, the anime was made by the Japanese companies long before 4Kids was ever in the picture for it?

Whoops. Guess I need to get my facts straight before I post. But I've always thought the anime characters were based off the manga. I do appreciate the correction...s.

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
    Oh my.....

Guess what I just thought of: What would they do in the scene in Volume 3 where Blue had the Pokeballs on her chest?

Also, they would probably make it REALLY obvious that Yellow has a crush on Red. She would probably be blushing like crazy and stuttering around him all of the time.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    Also, they would probably make it REALLY obvious that Yellow has a crush on Red. She would probably be blushing like crazy and stuttering around him all of the time.

Bet the narrator would be dropping hints.

...You know what I just realized? We're all a bunch of idiots. We keep talking about 4Kids, but they have nothing to do with Pokemon anymore. ._.

I think it's just lingering feelings of hate that we just can't shake off.

EVERYONE WHO HAS MENTIONED THIS, WHACK YOURSELF IN THE FACE WITH A HAMMER. NOW. *self-whack*

Back