• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

- Pokemon Master Red: Fan club -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    When i read the manga borders was still open, its much harder to get them in print these days.

Last edited:

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • Username: kirou12
    Favourite pokemon: Charizard
    Favourite type: Fire/Dragon
    Reason for joining: I idolize Red because he is an epic trainer of all time, and he is the most coolest character in Pokemon ever.

Which pokemon from Red's team is your favourite and why?
    Charizard and Pikachu.
    Originally Charizard belongs to Blue (according to manga) but that is not my reason, the reason is I am a Charizard fanatic and he is my Favorite Pokemon of all time.And Pikachu, Because (just my opinion) he is the most loyal Pokemon of Red, as he and Yellow venture to find and rescue red after he went missing.

What would you do if Red was real?
    First I want to go on adventure with him and then I want to fight him head on, because it is one of my dream to battle him.

I'll sign you up in a sec. :)

Actually, he's called Green (Blue is the girl, who stole the Squirtle from Prof. Oak's lab). But, due to a mistranslation (or something), he's known as Blue in the USA. I read the manga daily. :P Pokémon Red & Green were the original games, but they made Pokémon Blue which was released in the USA instead of the original Green version.
    To me, the most loyal of Red's pokémon has to be Poliwrath. He was his first pokémon (However, I believe that it was never revealed how he got it), and he saved his life from drowning more than once. And every time he saved him from drowning, he evolved! Their friendship is amazing. :p

That's true. However I don't know how I feel about megalutions....they sound very unfair past the point of legendary status. I guess we'll see because I have no idea what they will be like.

But I think that having Red be the final Boss kind of thing would be great.

I see Megalutions as PokéRoids. :D

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • I seriously loved the manga, and found it interesting how they threw in their own twists on the original storyline of the games, and I just wish the anime would've followed a character more in style of Red in the manga rather than Ash, and I have a feeling I'm not alone ;) I didn't read much past Yellow arc though, because I knew Red would only make minor appearances from there on, and well, I'd grown to love him as a character, and had a hard time getting into the new ones. Really hoping the new anime will make Red in style of how he was in the manga, but considering how short the special is probably gonna be, I don't know how much it matters :p Just as long as he isn't another Ash ;D

Actually, he's called Green (Blue is the girl, who stole the Squirtle from Prof. Oak's lab). But, due to a mistranslation (or something), he's known as Blue in the USA. I read the manga daily. :P Pokémon Red & Green were the original games, but they made Pokémon Blue which was released in the USA instead of the original Green version.
    To me, the most loyal of Red's pokémon has to be Poliwrath. He was his first pokémon (However, I believe that it was never revealed how he got it), and he saved his life from drowning more than once. And every time he saved him from drowning, he evolved! Their friendship is amazing. :p
    I'm pretty sure he was renamed to Blue in the official translations because, as you mentioned, the international releases were Red and Blue, rather than Red and Green, and one of the name choices you could pick from with the rival was the colour of the opposite game, so I'm guessing it was to make it less confusing for Americans and such? Either way, it's just made everything more confusing, since a lot of people read the online scanlations anyways haha :p

I actually feel really bad for Poliwrath, since he was the first Pokemon Red ever caught, he saved Red's life twice, and in the end Pikachu kinda ends up representing his team :( Been a while since I read it, but I kinda feel like Poliwrath just didn't get enough screen time :p

Oh, also, reason I'm not signing up is because I'm not really a "fan" of Red, but find him to be an interesting character all around, and I would love to talk about him :p If you want me to sign up to discuss in the club though, just say so :)

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • I seriously loved the manga, and found it interesting how they threw in their own twists on the original storyline of the games, and I just wish the anime would've followed a character more in style of Red in the manga rather than Ash, and I have a feeling I'm not alone ;) I didn't read much past Yellow arc though, because I knew Red would only make minor appearances from there on, and well, I'd grown to love him as a character, and had a hard time getting into the new ones. Really hoping the new anime will make Red in style of how he was in the manga, but considering how short the special is probably gonna be, I don't know how much it matters :p Just as long as he isn't another Ash ;D

I'm pretty sure he was renamed to Blue in the official translations because, as you mentioned, the international releases were Red and Blue, rather than Red and Green, and one of the name choices you could pick from with the rival was the colour of the opposite game, so I'm guessing it was to make it less confusing for Americans and such? Either way, it's just made everything more confusing, since a lot of people read the online scanlations anyways haha :p

I actually feel really bad for Poliwrath, since he was the first Pokemon Red ever caught, he saved Red's life twice, and in the end Pikachu kinda ends up representing his team :( Been a while since I read it, but I kinda feel like Poliwrath just didn't get enough screen time :p

Oh, also, reason I'm not signing up is because I'm not really a "fan" of Red, but find him to be an interesting character all around, and I would love to talk about him :p If you want me to sign up to discuss in the club though, just say so :)
    I stopped reading halfway through Yellow's arc, because there wasn't enough of Red, if you get me. :p They should've made an anime based on the manga in the first place. At least they're going to make a special, which is based on FR/LG, but I'd still watch it. I'm super excited! :D I sure hope it gets enough popularity to become a whole series on its own.

I believe they made it like that, because of the reason you mentioned, but in FR/LG, you had an option to name your rival Green. That's an improvement, I guess. :D

Sure, Pika might be a really good companion, but I also feel bad for Poli. He deserved more screen time.

It's up to you whether you want to sign up, I can't force you. :D If you'd like to discuss the manga, Red's character and such, feel free to sign up. Like I said, it's up to you and no one else. ^^

kirou12

Trainer?
    Years
    • Don't care
    • earth
    • Seen Feb 25, 2023
    Well Red will reappear in the Final Fight against Lance where his Ivysaur will evolved to a Venusaur.
    @Southpark32 I agreed that they make the Pokemon Special into a series, and I wish that they based it on the manga instead of the game.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • Well Red will reappear in the Final Fight against Lance where his Ivysaur will evolved to a Venusaur.
    @Southpark32 I agreed that they make the Pokemon Special into a series, and I wish that they based it on the manga instead of the game.

Why did it take them so long to make something like that? >_>

kirou12

Trainer?
    Years
    • Don't care
    • earth
    • Seen Feb 25, 2023
    No, I mean that it took them so long to think of a special like that.

ah... well I think many fan of red is petitioning it or Nintendo got an idea of making it into a series. Well for me Red's journey is more awesome than Ash. (well just saying)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Username: BinaryPeaches
    Favourite pokemon: Espeon
    Favourite type: Water
    Reason for joining: When I first joined this forum up to around September 2010 I was obsessed with Red from Pokemon Special/Adventures to the point that I called myself "PC's #1 Red Fangirl". While I don't obsess about him anymore I still love him and I think he's the best and thus it just feels right to join this club.

Actually reminds me that I need to continue my "Red Challenge" on FireRed. I got up to where I could catch a Brave Poliwag but when I did it ended up having the wrong ability ugh. So I have to go and find a Brave Poliwag with the right ability so I can have Poli.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • ah... well I think many fan of red is petitioning it or Nintendo got an idea of making it into a series. Well for me Red's journey is more awesome than Ash. (well just saying)
    Of course it is, I've never liked Ash anyway.
    Username: BinaryPeaches
    Favourite pokemon: Espeon
    Favourite type: Water
    Reason for joining: When I first joined this forum up to around September 2010 I was obsessed with Red from Pokemon Special/Adventures to the point that I called myself "PC's #1 Red Fangirl". While I don't obsess about him anymore I still love him and I think he's the best and thus it just feels right to join this club.

Actually reminds me that I need to continue my "Red Challenge" on FireRed. I got up to where I could catch a Brave Poliwag but when I did it ended up having the wrong ability ugh. So I have to go and find a Brave Poliwag with the right ability so I can have Poli.

Signing you up. :P
    I was thinking of doing a "Red Challenge" soon, I'm not patient enough to get pokémon with the exact natures though.

kirou12

Trainer?
    Years
    • Don't care
    • earth
    • Seen Feb 25, 2023
    Of course it is, I've never liked Ash anyway.

Signing you up. :P
    I was thinking of doing a "Red Challenge" soon, I'm not patient enough to get pokémon with the exact natures though.

I like the idea of having a "Red Challenge" why not make it an official Club Activity. It will be sure fun.

kirou12

Trainer?
    Years
    • Don't care
    • earth
    • Seen Feb 25, 2023
    Well I will play again the Fire Red and build Red's team. By the way guys where do you know the nature of Red's Pokemon?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Serebii has them! But I'll list them here for easy access for anyone who wants to also do the challenge (with the correct abilities and natures and any of the moves that his Pokemon has bolded being the most recent according to bulbapedia):

Saur
    Nature: Gentle
    Ability: Overgrow
    Moves: Cut, Frenzy Plant, Leech Seed, Poisonpowder, Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder, Solarbeam, Sweet Scent, Vine Whip

Pika
    Nature: Sassy
    Ability: Static
    Moves: Bide, Flash, Iron Tail, Megavolt, Rage, Substitute, Surf, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thundershock, Thunder Wave, Volt Tackle

Poli
    Nature: Brave
    Ability: Damp
    Moves: Double Slap, Double Team, Focus Punch, Ice Beam, Mind Reader, Seismic Toss, Water Gun

Vee/Vui
    Nature: Mild
    Ability: Adaptability
    Moves: Bite (because obviously you can't have Vui change forms whenever you want)

Lax
    Nature: Impish
    Ability: Immunity
    Moves: Belly Drum, Double-edge, Earthquake, Harden, Headbutt, Mega Punch, Mega Kick, Rest, Strength, Tackle

Aero
    Nature: Hasty
    Ability: Rock Head
    Moves: Dragon Claw, Fly, Hyper Beam, Take Down (basically you have the moveset for Aero to use)

Gyara
    Nature: Lonely
    Ability: Intimidate
    Moves: Dragon Rage, Hydro Pump, Hyper Beam, Slam, Surf

I've been doing the challenge the same way that he did his adventures (discluding Poli since I couldn't start with him). But I'm keeping Saur as an Ivysaur until Silph Co. Keeping Vee on my team until he switched him out for a different Pokemon, and so forth. At least the closest I can get to following his steps haha. ♥

kirou12

Trainer?
    Years
    • Don't care
    • earth
    • Seen Feb 25, 2023
    @BinaryPeaches thanks for the info, now I will start playing it again and this time I will catch the same pokemons and nature of Red's pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back