• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

- Pokemon Master Red: Fan club -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I like both Ash and Red so meh. I just like Red a bit more I guess.

I remember first reading the GSC arc. I actually didn't read the actual arc and only reason the parts with Red in them haha. Even out of the few volumes of Pokemon Adventures I have the first three volumes (RGB arc) and then I have volume nine which is the volume with Red doing the Gym Leader Exam. He will just forever be my favorite Pokemon Adventure/Special character.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • That's weird, I didn't see some of the older posts until now. :|

Don't forget to update us with your progress on the Red Challenge, guys!

Any suggestions for a new topic? Should I make Red Challenge userbars? Any ideas on how to improve the club?

Waiting for suggestions. :)

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Well i got pretty lucky, i was on my way to veridian forest again, my game dislodged out of the ds and lost about an hour of work, though nothing happened, (nature hunting is anoying). Anyway wile walking out of pallet i ran into a shiny pidgey. I can't use it in the challenge but it was cool to catch :)

As of right now im still nature hunting :/

Oh and red challenge userbars would be cool

kirou12

Trainer?
    Years
    • Don't care
    • earth
    • Seen Feb 25, 2023
    Yup I agreed on making Red Challenge User Bars.
    UPDATE!!!!

Finally caught a Pika with sassy nature (take me 2 days on doing that)

Current Team:
    Saur Lvl: 15
    Pika Lvl: 12

Defeated the Pewter City Gym Leader and obtained the Boulder Badge.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Username: Perdition Haze.
    Favourite Pokémon: Charizard and Snorlax.
    Favourite type: Fire.
    Reason for joining: I was in the mood for joining new clubs. Plus, I love Red! He's one of my all-time favorite characters from the games.

Which Pokémon from Red's team is your favourite and why?
    My favorite Pokémon from Red's team would have to be Charizard. It was kind of a hard challenge for me to take this Pokémon down, because it was able to make me flinch constantly with Air Slash. Plus, it was faster than almost all of my Pokémon, so it was always the one to hit the first move. Snorlax is also my favorite, because it was able to provide me with quite a tough challenge as well. It was very strong defensively, so it took me a long time to get it down to even half of its health. It had access to Giga Impact, too, so it was able to take out any of my Pokémon with it whenever it wanted.

Last edited:

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • Well i got pretty lucky, i was on my way to veridian forest again, my game dislodged out of the ds and lost about an hour of work, though nothing happened, (nature hunting is anoying). Anyway wile walking out of pallet i ran into a shiny pidgey. I can't use it in the challenge but it was cool to catch :)

As of right now im still nature hunting :/

Oh and red challenge userbars would be cool
    Congrats on the shiny Pidgey! I'm hunting for a shiny Charmander right now.
    Yup I agreed on making Red Challenge User Bars.
    UPDATE!!!!

Finally caught a Pika with sassy nature (take me 2 days on doing that)

Current Team:
    Saur Lvl: 15
    Pika Lvl: 12

Defeated the Pewter City Gym Leader and obtained the Boulder Badge.
    That's great!
    Username: Perdition Haze.
    Favourite Pokémon: Charizard and Snorlax.
    Favourite type: Fire.
    Reason for joining: I was in the mood for joining new clubs. Plus, I love Red! He's one of my all-time favorite characters from the games.

Which Pokémon from Red's team is your favourite and why?
    My favorite Pokémon from Red's team would have to be Charizard. It was kind of a hard challenge for me to take this Pokémon down, because it was able to make me flinch constantly with Air Slash. Plus, it was faster than almost all of my Pokémon, so it was always the one to hit the first move. Snorlax is also my favorite, because it was able to provide me with quite a tough challenge as well. It was very strong defensively, so it took me a long time to get it down to even half of its health. It had access to Giga Impact, too, so it was able to take out any of my Pokémon with it whenever it wanted.
    Signing you up. I was lucky, my pokémon were able to take him down without any problems. ^^ You can watch the video if you'd like, it's somewhere in the thread.

Anyway, GL on your Red Challenge, guys. Keep it up!

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I guess i should throw this out there ;P

I am still stuck in veridian forest hunting for sassy pikachu... if i see a nother weedle i might just completly explode.

On the weekly challenge i would love to participate but i dont know how to get a drawing up on the internet. My tech is s pretty low so i cant take a picture and post eather, and i am not very good at useing paint. Sigh* any idea's?

kirou12

Trainer?
    Years
    • Don't care
    • earth
    • Seen Feb 25, 2023
    UPDATE!!!!

I am in Mt. Moon now
    Training the Gyara soon to be.
    I bought the Magikarp in the PokeCenter outside the Mt.Moon and lucky to get a Lonely nature hahaha well I guess I am lucky for now...

And for the Weekly Contest I will try to draw my own fan art of Red.
    I have a question? Can we use an application like photoshop or we should hand drawn it?

Last edited:

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Yesssss!!!! I finaly got the sassy pikachu! I have been trying to do that for what two weeks now? Now am on my way to gym no.1 :D

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • I guess i should throw this out there ;P

I am still stuck in veridian forest hunting for sassy pikachu... if i see a nother weedle i might just completly explode.

On the weekly challenge i would love to participate but i dont know how to get a drawing up on the internet. My tech is s pretty low so i cant take a picture and post eather, and i am not very good at useing paint. Sigh* any idea's?
    I dunno how to help you, but you can always take a screenshot, or take a picture of your drawing with the laptop camera (That is, if you have a laptop, or just scan it). If that fails, just draw it on paint, I'm sure it's not bad. :D
    UPDATE!!!!

I am in Mt. Moon now
    Training the Gyara soon to be.
    I bought the Magikarp in the PokeCenter outside the Mt.Moon and lucky to get a Lonely nature hahaha well I guess I am lucky for now...

And for the Weekly Contest I will try to draw my own fan art of Red.
    I have a question? Can we use an application like photoshop or we should hand drawn it?
    I also bought the Magikarp (On the Red version, though. Not the remake). It is now a 41lvl. Gyarados called Apocalypse ('Cause Magikarp's splash is deadly). :D

You can draw it by hand, or use a program (GIMP,PS, etc.). Anything will do.
    Yesssss!!!! I finaly got the sassy pikachu! I have been trying to do that for what two weeks now? Now am on my way to gym no.1 :D
    Damn, that took a while. o.o

Here's my sketch for the challenge: (It's a detailed sketch of the sketch I posted earlier xD)
    raukc3.png

I might finish it soon, but my lineart skills are far from good. Not to mention my colouring skills. {XD}

Last edited:
    Years
  • Username: Metalhand
    Favourite pokemon: Charizard/Gliscor
    Favourite type: Ghost
    Reason for joining: Becuase Red is freakin' aweome!

The biggest memory I have from Red is my battle against him in Heart gold-it was the most epic battle I ever had!
    The battle ended after only my Sudowudo and his snorlax left with a little HP, I was sure I gonna lose and than the hail killed his Snorlax(my Sudowudo left with 1 HP!), the battle was so tight and intense-The kind of battle that only Red can supply!

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • Username: Metalhand
    Favourite pokemon: Charizard/Gliscor
    Favourite type: Ghost
    Reason for joining: Becuase Red is freakin' aweome!

The biggest memory I have from Red is my battle against him in Heart gold-it was the most epic battle I ever had!
    The battle ended after only my Sudowudo and his snorlax left with a little HP, I was sure I gonna lose and than the hail killed his Snorlax(my Sudowudo left with 1 HP!), the battle was so tight and intense-The kind of battle that only Red can supply!

Ohh, sounds interesting. :D You were lucky!

kirou12

Trainer?
    Years
    • Don't care
    • earth
    • Seen Feb 25, 2023
    UPDATE!!!!!

Current Team:

Saur Lvl: 29 (Currently EV training for Speed in Diglets cave)
    Pika Lv: 25
    Gyara Lvl: 25 (From the magikarp in mt.moon Pokemon center, well worth it)

Additional Pokemons: (just temporary in my team)
    King (Nidorino) Lvl: 25
    Tremors (Dugtrio) Lvl: 29

Okay for the drawing contest I will upload it as soon as I finished it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Oh gee, I wish I noticed the weekly challenge earlier! I'll probably be late with it but I iwll definitely draw Red and post it here! It's been loong time since I've drawn him and I think now would be a good time to draw him again! So I'll probably do so after class.

I haven't been doing my Red challenge lately because I've been busy playing other games. But speaking of other games I was playing XD the other day and some of you probably know Poliwrath is one of the Shadow Pokemon you can catch. Well, obviously I caught it and was using it in a future battle when eventually I learned that it had a Brave nature just like PokeSpe!Red's Poliwrath~ Too bad it doesn't have Damp as its ability or else I would have been even more happy but it was just amazing enough to see that out of all natures it was Brave. So you can say that's my Red related story for now! ♥

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I just beat Brock this morning, heading for mt.moon now. Magikarp is sold in the pokemon center next to the entrance right?

Il admit, this is going pretty darn slow.... but i have an exscuse! I only do the red challenge wile im in school (bus ride in, lunch, etc)and thats because chemistry honors homework takes up my gameplay time :P

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • Okay, I admit it. I broke one of the rules. :P (#4) I do have an excuse, tough:

SCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Grr... I don't have Internet at home, so I can only get on when I go to my grandparents'. But, that's just temporary. ^_^

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    As long as you're trying to be active, right? I think that's what matters the most. ♥

That said I present to you guys my Red drawing that I did the other day. Might be a liiittle late but I hope that's all right! It's been soo long since I draw Red it was really nice drawing him again.

Spoiler:

Just ignore those other drawings on the other side of the page you can see through haha.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • As long as you're trying to be active, right? I think that's what matters the most. ♥

That said I present to you guys my Red drawing that I did the other day. Might be a liiittle late but I hope that's all right! It's been soo long since I draw Red it was really nice drawing him again.

Spoiler:

Just ignore those other drawings on the other side of the page you can see through haha.
    I believe you're right. ^^

Awesome drawing, I like it! It's ok, at least you posted it. I think you and I are the only ones who did, haha. :p

I swear, I left a reply like a week ago, but my Internet was so slow then! I guess I lost connection while posting it, boo!

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    Okay, I just have a question, why are you calling Red a Pokemon Master? He isn't. He's just a Pokemon Champion. We've been told in the series that Pokemon Masters and Champions are very different; in fact, it has yet to be revealed what it actually takes to be one.

If you need to be a champion to be one, Ash has. If you need to beat a Battle Frontier, Ash has. If you need to go to various regions, Ash has. Heck, many characters that beat E4 aren't called Masters.

Now, I'm not going to say Red is good or bad or start an Ash vs Red thing on this thread, since that would be rude, I'm just using Ash as an example. He's done many, I believe all, things the main characters have and neither he nor the characters have ever been called Pokemon Masters.

So, why are you calling Red one when he isn't one?

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • Okay, I just have a question, why are you calling Red a Pokemon Master? He isn't. He's just a Pokemon Champion. We've been told in the series that Pokemon Masters and Champions are very different; in fact, it has yet to be revealed what it actually takes to be one.

If you need to be a champion to be one, Ash has. If you need to beat a Battle Frontier, Ash has. If you need to go to various regions, Ash has. Heck, many characters that beat E4 aren't called Masters.

Now, I'm not going to say Red is good or bad or start an Ash vs Red thing on this thread, since that would be rude, I'm just using Ash as an example. He's done many, I believe all, things the main characters have and neither he nor the characters have ever been called Pokemon Masters.

So, why are you calling Red one when he isn't one?
    Because he is. :) He's awesome. His team is badass. He treats his pokémon with love and care. He's the ultimate example of what a Pokémon master should be.

I stopped watching the series after Dawn (Not sure which season). I've never been a fan of the anime. Not my cup of tea, to be honest. I don't like Ash, I can give you a few reasons why, just ask.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back