• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mercury

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2013
    Are you planning to add new moves in your game?
    Look under features because I see the words "new moves".
    Lucas Spengal: He might, though he didn't talk about any new abilities that I know of. It would make sense if he did add new moves because it's 200 years later.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    In Pokemon Mercury you start out as a young boy/girl who lives with there mother in a small town called Twillight ...nevermind; I won't say it. town in the region of Johto Johto, eh? Does Twilight actually exist in the anime, or did you make it up?, you hope one day to be a pokemon trainer but you know that will never happen because your mom forbids you from being one because years before you father was a great pokemon trainer he was so strong that he even be the elite four without breaking a sweat, looking for a better challenge he enters the Ilex forest looking for the legendary Time traveling pokemon Celebi He must have been a little stupid...looking for something that most probably hold as being myth. he disappears and was never heard from again. This is the reason why your mother forbids you from being a pokemon trainer.[/reiteration]

One day after waking up from bed after dreaming that you where meeting Professor Oak Wouldn't a Johto kid dream of meeting Elm? Or is Twilight closer to Pallet than New Bark? you go down stairs thinking it is going to be another typical day when you arrive downstairs your mother greets you, but her voice sounds weak you ask here if there is something wrong with her she says that she is ok she then collapses you rush her into bed and then call a doctor ...I've seen a lot of the whole illness motif lately. I don't get why this is any bit interesting...I miss school for a day because I have a virus, and nobody wants to write a book about it.. After the doctor finishes checking up on her he tells you that she has a rare virus and no medicine hasn't Double negative *shot*... been created yet to cure this virus and that your mother will die soon. You are angry that there is nothing you can do but just stand there and be helpless but the doctor does tell you that there is one way that your mother may be cured. You beg him to tell you how to cure your mother he then tells you of a pokemon in the Ilex forest that maybe able to heal your mom the legendary Pokemon Celebi Doesn't the onion have time-traveling power (and webmastering abilities)? What does that have to do with curing illnesses?. You ask how it will help, he tells you that Celebi can lead you into a special tree thats leaves have legendary healing properties but this tree can not be found unless Celebi chooses to show you it Why has Celebi not already been captured if a simple doctor in a nobody town in Johto knows this information?, You know that there is know other way to save your mother so you dart off to the Ilex to find Celebi. When you arrive in the Ilex forest Due to nothing being in the middle, I'm guessing Twilight is in middle-southern Johto? something flies past you real fast knocking you down, when you get back on your feet you notice this faint glow illuminating from behind one of the trees in front of you, you walk towards it real slowly, you quickly look behind the tree to see none other then the legendary pokemon Celebi startled that you found it Celebi begins to glow you cover your eyes because the light is too bright. When you open your eyes you discover yourself in a huge city, where every thing seems to be filled with advance technology, You stand there in shock because you have no idea where you are, you then here a scream a woman dashes passed you being chased by too other people, you run after them, when you catch up you see the woman backed up against the wall you see another person there as well a young boy telling the mysterious people to leave that women alone they tell him to mind his own buisness, they send out there pokemon challenging the kid to battle the kid accepts but he can't take on 2 people at once he turns around and sees you standing there he tells you to help him battle these people you say that you would be glad to help but you have know Jeez, by now I'm getting annoyed by the lack of editing here... pokemon he throws you a bag telling you to pick one of the 3 pokemon that he has in there Craft something ebtter than this. In all seriousness, the guy would probably double-battle them. Additionally, since you are far into the future, I'd bet your clothing is very dated and, thus, this guy would not automatically trust a suspicious face like you, either. you choose your pokemon and you battle after you won the mysterious people disappear into the shadow telling you that this isn't the last that you will hear of TEAM OBLIVION ...*drops a letter grade*. The woman walks up to you thanking you for helping her she tells you that she is a well known throughout the world as Professor Laurel she ask you where you are from, you answer back saying that you are from you tell her you are from Twillight town the boy next to you says that is in impossible because Twillight town disappeared As, in, vanished? from the region 150 years ago, you say that is impossible because you where just in Twillight town a couple of minutes ago. You ask them what is the date and they tell you and you find out that you are 200 years into the future ...uh-huh...you do realise that this is a very hard approach to a game. FRLG tiles will definitely -not- cut it...like I said, the people won't even dress the same, talk the same, etc....
    To get back to the past you set out on a Pokemon Journey, you find out that the region you once new as Johto has changed dramatically and has been renamed the TEMPORIS Region Too cheesy name...you may as well call it the 'Time Region' because that is little different when you think about it., you later find out about the Temporis League which you
    enter hoping that it can give you clues on how to get back to your time period, On your journey you must stop Team Oblivion from fufilling there plans because if they where to succed it could cause the destruction of the world Do they (or their ancestors) have anything to do with the loss of Twilight a while ago?. This will all happen in Pokemon: Mercury!

I have a fear that this is seriously underdeveloped, but, for all I know, you have eight pages of plot after this already written, so I guess I'll just wait for you to disclose more...as of right now, it needs fine-tuning.​

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
    Years
  • I have a fear that this is seriously underdeveloped, but, for all I know, you have eight pages of plot after this already written, so I guess I'll just wait for you to disclose more...as of right now, it needs fine-tuning.​
    to answer some of your questions
    • Yes twillight town is made up
    • Well he is a pokemon trainer and he is looking for a challenge and celebi has been proved that it existed.
    • Yeah probably but Professor Oak is the greatest Professor out there so it makes more sense that he would dream of meeting Professor Oak.
    • Yeah he does have time traveling powers in my story this tree is mystical it disappeared around a certain time period and it says that celebi would be seen hanging around it.
    • Yes your clothes are dated but it ws 2 against one and to set things straight the guy is the professors assistant.
    • Umm who said I was using FR/LG tiles I am using custom tiles made by saurav.
    • I like the word Temporis so I am going to keep it like that.
    • Yeah they do have something to do with Twillight disappearing but i'm not going to go in to that right now it will be reavealed later on in the game.
    Mini update:
    Time to show the region map
    mapjq1.png

Johto has change recently in 200 years flash floods and the breaking off of land do to earthquakes but technology has advanced and learned to deal with those problems.​

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    Don't you think that map could use just a -little- consolidation? That is a hefty sum of towns+routes...the southeastern piece that looks like England could be passed off as a region by itself.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    [/center]

Johto has really changed a lot for only 200 years; the plates under the earth don't move that fast.

~Night

Well, he could say that, in 200 years, farming irrigation techniques have gotten REALLY advanced. However, this comes with certain setbacks...like continental flooding. Hey, it's outlandish but -could- be passed off since northwestern Johto is/was farmland...

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
    Years
  • [/center]

Johto has really changed a lot for only 200 years; the plates under the earth don't move that fast.

~Night

well the earthquakes weren't natural I'm going to keep what caused the earthquakes to myself until later on.

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2013
    [/center]

~Night
    Maybe it wasn't caused by tectonic plates. :P There could of been a war with water and ground type pokemon like in r/s/e with the grunts wanting to change land or sea. Or maybe works of celebii's time travel power on the land or maybe on the plates to cause earthquakes. Not saying that happened, but it could of.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
  • Well, he could say that, in 200 years, farming irrigation techniques have gotten REALLY advanced. However, this comes with certain setbacks...like continental flooding. Hey, it's outlandish but -could- be passed off since northwestern Johto is/was farmland...

well the earthquakes weren't natural I'm going to keep what caused the earthquakes to myself until later on.

Maybe it wasn't caused by tectonic plates. :P There could of been a war with water and ground type pokemon like in r/s/e with the grunts wanting to change land or sea. Or maybe works of celebii's time travel power on the land or maybe on the plates to cause earthquakes. Not saying that happened, but it could of.
    >.< (should've thought of that)
    Maybe Groudon came from the Hoenn region for a visit and Kyogre just happened to be visiting Johto at the same time. . .

~Night

Sandro™

Retired!
    Years
  • Nice. At least your game haz and is better than mine. Good luck with this and i will be around when i can :P P.S I luvz storyline. but i see that it changed a little. cause the one u was making was different!

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
    Years
  • DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >.<
    im so jealous!!!
    ur game is doing sooooo good! it's gonna be awesome!
    can't wait fo another update!!!
    ^^

-POKEM4NlAC

ForeverRed

teeheeee
    Years
  • nice map ^^
    BUT!!!
    1. will that fit on the game?
    2. woah i wouldnt like to have to walk that long to another place <even ash doesnt have to walk that long>
    3. It would have to be around 3 milion years for johto to look like that
    that ia all!

Sincerely,
    ~Red Gyrados

phoenix456

Rising from the ashes
    Years
  • nice map ^^
    BUT!!!
    1. will that fit on the game?
    2. woah i wouldnt like to have to walk that long to another place <even ash doesnt have to walk that long>
    3. It would have to be around 3 milion years for johto to look like that
    that ia all!

Sincerely,
    ~Red Gyrados

He said that the way it turned out was not natural so the earthquakes where caused on purpose I guess anyways awesome map dude it looks so awesome can't wait to see more like a new legendary or something. ^_^

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    One of the main important features of pokemon is a certain harmony men and nature. If the Temporis region is, as you've suggested, synthetic, then most of the game would probably be spent wandering through man-made structures and devices (perhaps climbing towers used to control vibrations in the Earth?). Although it seems plenty original, I doubt most players will find it very fun to always be around civilization.

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
    Years
  • One of the main important features of pokemon is a certain harmony men and nature. If the Temporis region is, as you've suggested, synthetic, then most of the game would probably be spent wandering through man-made structures and devices (perhaps climbing towers used to control vibrations in the Earth?). Although it seems plenty original, I doubt most players will find it very fun to always be around civilization.

yeah i agree... and if thats true then where can we bump into wild pokemon? maybe there would be dark alleys that could serve as caves.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    One of the main important features of pokemon is a certain harmony men and nature. If the Temporis region is, as you've suggested, synthetic, then most of the game would probably be spent wandering through man-made structures and devices (perhaps climbing towers used to control vibrations in the Earth?). Although it seems plenty original, I doubt most players will find it very fun to always be around civilization.

I don't exactly think so. There cannot be life without vegetation, so the game would be seriously flawed if there were not courtyards everywhere. The routes would surely be traditional (grass, trainers, etc.), and the cities themselves would get on just fine with having strategically-placed trainers to prevent too much 'traveling' without adequate catching first. If that is true, I can see this just being a little less structured and a little more free-moving...but that is not exactly pokemon, especially with trading (a feature I assume will exist).

Back