• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Monopoly

Years
  • (Wasn't exactly sure where this would go, but i suppose it's a spin-off of some sort)

Pokemon+Monopoly.jpg

Did anyone have Pokemon Monopoly?
    I had it, still do... somewhere. This game was the highlight of my childhood. I would play it for days straight, even by myself at times if i was incredibly bored(I had a great imagination)

I was always Charmander, Charmander was like the car in the original Monopoly.

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
    Years
  • Th-This existed!? By the nine divines, I must get this somewhere! My friends would LOVE this!

By my reaction, you can tell this is easily a no to owning it.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I used to have that same exact model. I got it for Christmas of 2000. It was a fun game, so much better than the original (even though its the same rules). I was sad when I started to lose all of the Pokemarts and Pokecenter. The only difference between the one that is in that picture and my virgin of it was that the pieces were Metal.

:t354:TG

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Whaa this existed? Sadly even though I want it, I wont get it. Mainly because of my brothers, we lost peices to multiple monopolys and even the nintendo collecters one. D:

But I do still own "Master Trainer" board game. Most of it anyways.
    Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • It's a board game, not a spin off, technically. Spin offs refer to video games. I'll move this to Pokemon General since it seems more appropriate, but Toujours, if you see it more fit back in spin offs, feel free to toss it back. Maybe a rule edit is in order, so that board games have somewhere to fit? But board game also fits in the merchandise category imo, which Pokemon General covers. We'll just have to see! I did have this game though. I wasn't good at it. Monopoly has too much math involved for my taste, haha.

Haru

Wolf Simp
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    I always wanted to get a Themed Monopoly but never did.. :|

Whaa this existed? Sadly even though I want it, I wont get it. Mainly because of my brothers, we lost peices to multiple monopolys and even the nintendo collecters one. D:

But I do still own "Master Trainer" board game. Most of it anyways.
    Spoiler:

I had this! played it like once before we lost the pieces ~_~

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Maybe this is just me, but would it have made more sense to have put Towns/Cities in the places and not Pokemon? I mean, Nidoking/queen don't have the same impact as Mayfair/Park Lane do in the actual Monopoly (that's British Monopoly, before anyone asks). Replace it with Pokemon League or Indigo Plateau or something, and that would make more sense as a Monopoly game.

And before anyone mentions it, I know it's a blatant cash-in from a time when Pokemon was absolutely massive and could easily knock some of this merchandise out in its sleep, but I'm a sucker for Monopoly, and don't like for it to be desecrated in this way.

luigimario84

Owner of worlds
    Years
  • My friend has it and when I went to his house and saw out on the floor and I stared at it in shock as I didn't know it existed.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    I have this, but half the pieces are missing. I prefer good ol' vanilla Monopoly anyway.

Years
  • I actually got this for christmas xD My mother saw that it was a collectors item and has been rising in price for a while so when she saw it she snapped it up for me! :D

Maybe this is just me, but would it have made more sense to have put Towns/Cities in the places and not Pokemon? I mean, Nidoking/queen don't have the same impact as Mayfair/Park Lane do in the actual Monopoly (that's British Monopoly, before anyone asks). Replace it with Pokemon League or Indigo Plateau or something, and that would make more sense as a Monopoly game.
    I thought the same thing, seeing as it has a map of Kanto in the middle of the board. Same thing with the houses and hotels. Houses are blue but in the instruction booklet it said they were Pokecenters whichs makes no sense seeing as Pokemarts are blue. It just seemed all backwards to me.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2021
    lmao I swear my cousin had one of those. At the time I thought it was so corny, but now its like man I wish I had one lol.

King!

better
    Years
  • I have this in my basement somewhere, but yeah, it's missing pretty much everything. Even a couple of the little Pokemon figures, which is disappointing since I would always used to just play with those x3 I do have Master Trainer, though, with most of the pieces except for a few chips :D I loooove that game<3

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • Nostalgia....inducing.....OMGGGGGG!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I would love to have those... I remember playing that with my old friends...... good times... *drool*

BTW anyone remember pokemon pop tarts?

Back