• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Moonshine

Years
Yay it's back!
I knew you'd come back in a week or so, that's why i kept on bugging you to work on it!!:P
Well i would love to see some updates on the weekend, good luck!;)

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
I lol'd at Mateo's comment. He clearly doesn't know what Moonshine is, but anyways, back on track. Looks cool. Glad you're back, hope you can get further this time.
...Post 2100? :D

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I lol'd at Mateo's comment. He clearly doesn't know what Moonshine is, but anyways, back on track. Looks cool. Glad you're back, hope you can get further this time.
...Post 2100? :D
I beg to differ. If you would just read the comments on the first page...

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Why is it that the posts only come when I state it's been reopened? :O Nobody cares...

Anyway, Mateo, if you read the first page, you'd know something. I didn't know what it was at first, but I was rudely awakened by one of the first posts laughing at it. Thus, I wikied it and found out (Wiki solves EVERYTHING). Yeah. =P

I feel like showing some screens of Metapolis City.
pokemonmoonshine01.png
pokemonmoonshine02.png

Showing the big city.

pokemonmoonshine04.png

Inside the Creative Arts Institute of Rolok. This is only the lobby, where they have an internet cafe at 1 hour for $500 (money comes easy in Pokémon). And wifi.

Drop me a VM if you want to be in the ROM Hacking/Writing/whatever section of it.

pokemonmoonshine05.png

In the Rolok head of the Silph Co.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Just thought I'd say that I've imported half the Emerald cave tiles into Moonshine.

Why only half? I'm too tired to do the rest, tomorrow will happen.

And just for your info, it's hell. The block data doesn't match, as Emerald has less main tileset tiles and more secondary tileset tiles. xD So I had to hand-make the tiles. And the Meteor Fall ones are only half done. >.<

Now I'm going to go watch the IPL 20-20 cricket with Warney and Gilly. =P Go Gills!

aco

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
when is the game finished i will play it

ps: my english is not good

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Thanks.

I just realised that I have a very unique tileset...Emerald/FR/6 of Wesley's/Fangking's.
Sorta like Genesis except not. :\ A lot of people have plainly terrible recolours of FR.

darn, though, liquid ocean looks the best

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
I beg to differ. If you would just read the comments on the first page...
It's sad that you don't truly know what moonshine is, so you have to "wiki" it. Moonshine is not whiskey. It's way different. It's not just make by country people.

---

Anyways, the updates all look good. I'll be looking forward to see how those Emerald cave tiles look.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Look, just stop arguing about the naming. It's my name, my choice, so ignore it if you don't like it. I didn't know it was home-distilled alcohol (and neither did anyone I know) when I made the name. I know now, but nytkoi is going to stab me if I name it Moonlight and Moonstone sounds retarded. So it's staying Moonshine. Makes good discussion, but spammy discussion. Full stop.

And if discussion continues, I'm going to copy and paste about the Moonshine Theory. >_>

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Look, just stop arguing about the naming. It's my name, my choice, so ignore it if you don't like it. I didn't know it was home-distilled alcohol (and neither did anyone I know) when I made the name. I know now, but nytkoi is going to stab me if I name it Moonlight and Moonstone sounds retarded. So it's staying Moonshine. Makes good discussion, but spammy discussion. Full stop.

And if discussion continues, I'm going to copy and paste about the Moonshine Theory. >_>
Calm yourself. I'm not arguing about the naming, I'm arguing about what it is. Moonshine is a cool name, and you should not change it.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
-pumps fist-

Booyah, Mateo likes the hack!

Mmm...The Emerald cave tile palettes don't match with the FR ones too well... :\ Oh well, stuff it.

xD

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
I like the Emerald cave tiles.
They'll probably go well with the pallets.
Good Luck

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
No, wait, what?

I said that Emerald palettes don't match really well with FR ones. >_>

I got the emerald bridge in though. You know, those logs. xD

oblueknighto

The Blue Knight
Years
I like hacks but not pokemon ones, I have no idea why you asked me to post here, but it's okay, a good hack that hopefully gets bigger, decent stuff and hopefully it becomes more well known.

I didn't even help you with your ideas. I'll try it out some day, some day in the past/future.

Back