• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon:Music version

sketch

3D animator/movie director
    Years
    • Age 31
    • LA
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    Hi,this is my new pokemon game.I haven't done much because I need some serious help.I don't know really anything about coding!It's in rm2k3.Is there anyone that can help me?I need stuff like menus,battles,bags,and some more stuff.If not I'll just have to use DBS and try to make one by looking at examples please I need help bad.Here's what I have so far.The only thing mapped is the room.

Story:You play as a boy named Kade who loves music and pokemon.You finally get your first pokemon.You get to go on a journey and catch pokemon.Just like normal pokemon games,right?Wrong.(look in features)

Features:Play musical instruments and teach songs to your pokemon
    Go to concerts to play your music and gain extra money
    Some songs have special abilities like healing
    Travel a whole new region(currently unnamed)
    Change your wardrobe into different colors

Maybe someone could be my partner?

Screen
    [img=https://img298.echo.cx/img298/74/pokemonmusic5va.th.png]

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Um... nice idea, but perhaps you should have actually began the game before starting a thread...

Neo Genesis

The Wanderer
    Years
    Thats an okay Idea but you have to pull something out nifty to make up for the DBS plus the challenge of finding battle chars for all pokemon but goodluck :D .

sketch

Years
    • Age 31
    • LA
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    Blueguy,what are you talking about?I did start it.I'm doing his room and recouloring sprites and making monsters.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
    I couldn't see the screenshot :(

Altho, you have some pretty godo ideas you got there. I would like to say, good luck! ^^

sketch

Years
    • Age 31
    • LA
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    The screenshot worked awhile ago is all I know.Well,thanks for the encouragement!

sketch

Years
    • Age 31
    • LA
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    Sorry to double post but does anyone have a boxart template that has the pokemon label on it?Also make it say pc instead of gba on the side.I'll doi the actual picture though.By the way I just finished the intro and since there are so many games using DBS now,I'm feeling better about using DBS,so I will.Here's what will happen.

You can only have one pokemon at a time but you can get new ones out of your pokedex after you put the other up and out of battle.And instead of pokeballs,you play a song to tame a pokemon he will be free.But will come to you when you call it on your pokedex.

sketch

Years
    • Age 31
    • LA
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    Sorry to post again but no one really posts in here often and I have screenshots!I've got a cms off of a really old game but it's being tweaked so I can learn how to make my own in another game.If you recognize the menu and it's yours,tell me so I can give credit.I'm now working on music,his Kade's house(player),and battles.I need pokemon backs bad so can somebody get me some?They can't be in a zip file or my computer won't download it.I have the right program it's just blocked.Anyway some music that I'm going to try and put in is marroon5,gavin degraw,and my cousin Kade(he's based of the main character and is currently at a recording studio making a CD).Here are the screens:

Please,comment!

sketch

Years
    • Age 31
    • LA
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    I'm not sure when I'll release a demo,I haven't done too many maps yet.Maybe after I do some of route 1?What do you think?

sketch

Years
    • Age 31
    • LA
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    The battle system is a tweaked DBS so it won't take long,and you said it should have the second town or just before that?

sketch

Years
    • Age 31
    • LA
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    Hmm,ok I'll do it.It may take a few days because I'll be leaving to go somewhere Thursday for 2-4 days and the week after my cousins will come over the whole week so not much will be done then.And tomorrow I have to mow the lawn and it takes almost all day for my families yard!Anyway,I'll try my hardest!

sketch

Years
    • Age 31
    • LA
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    The music main part was going to be just playing at concerts,but I'll try to do stuff like teach pokemon music an stuff.You can't buy new instruments or play at concerts till the second city so that won't be in the demo.There will probablly just be teaching pokemon and getting your first instrument from your parents.

sketch

Years
    • Age 31
    • LA
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    Actually,I was thinking you get get all those different instruments to learn new songs.But nice idea.I'm not sure how I could do that though.I might do it if I knew.

EDIT:Currently,I'm using the hero but with a blue cap fron FR/LG.I want to use a different custom sprite but I can't make sprites.Could someone make me one.I may switch to Gary and edit because my cousin has brown hair(so does the FR hero,so I don't know).

Back