• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Musical

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
Years
  • apparently, Black and White is using a minigame called Pokemon Musical as an alternative to contests and Pokeathalon. How do you think this will play out? Will the microphone be utilized? What would you like to see happen with this feature.

Just a note, New York has Broadway. Pokemon Musical? This, to me, looks like a good one up for the NYC - Isshu theory. Just sayin'.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • They finally struck something cool with the pokethlon and now they're gonna go and get rid of it for a Pokemon musical? D:

Years
  • I totally agree with the NYC thing; it coincides with the theories about Isshu being based on America. :D

I am actually really excited for this. I sucked at Pokethlon and Contests, except for the dancing/rhythm part. :D Hopefully, this means I will be good at something for once.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • Well, at least the dress-up system looks improved. It's no longer like "Here, look, a pebble! Here, take this leaf, or this feather, and use it to dress up your pokemon!" -____-
    I like the looks of these clothes!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I like the Hoenn contest best. Pokeathlon is dumb :P
    But Pokemon musical? the dress up seems better. But I guess i need to see how it plays out when i play it to judge

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • oh yes i saw the video, but i was talking about me and the game personally. in other words when i get to play it myself.
    it looks a bit weird of what i saw in the video, i dont see a main point to it

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • It's probably the return of Pokemon Contests, We only call it a musical because they dress up fancy, If it were a musical, well, it certainly isn't a High School Musical, especially when the songs only have one word: the Pokemons name

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • It's probably the return of Pokemon Contests, We only call it a musical because they dress up fancy, If it were a musical, well, it certainly isn't a High School Musical, especially when the songs only have one word: the Pokemons name
    LOl, yeah the musical could just be the name of the first part of the contest :P

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • HATE MUSICALS. also, where did the pokethlon go? It seems like they are going opposite of what fans want. remember the follow me feature? That was popular. remember the pokethlon? that was popular.
    I always felt as though the Pokéathlon was an HG/SS feature alone. The Following Feature still has a chance of coming in for the third installment of Black and White.

I couldn't think straight when I read about Pokémon Musical this morning. I am a personal lover of Pokémon Contests. RSE had the best take of it, and then DPPt gave it a twist which was cool enough for me. However, the idea of dressing my Pokémon up and making them sing and dance seems lame, to put it sweetly. I won't judge it till I've tried it, but I just wish they would have kept Pokémon Contests in over this, or at least the Pokéathlon.

Scary part is seeing this as a major part of the anime, but that's a different story. :(

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
  • hmm never was a big fan of the Pokeathlon
    and never got why it's so popular o.O

actually it's fun and all so whatev...
    i liked the Original Contests and were quite good at them
    the Super Contests were okay i guess
    Pokeathlon seemed too easy and pointless for me xDD

although unlike most people here i actually LIKE Musicals
    real ones like Broadway ones.. not hack ones like HSM >.>
    and since they're animals it reminds me of Classic Disney XDDD which i like =P
    but yeah i hope there is more to it and not JUST the Musical
    that would be boring and make me try it once and forget about it =\

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I like the idea. Especially the dress-up part of the whole musical. It's a lot better than the pebbles, fluff pieces, and stumps that were used for previous contests in D/P/Pt. This way of dressing-up actually makes the Pokemon look good instead of a mess of junk.

I'm more interested in seeing what else there is to the musical than just dancing. Will the player come up with dance moves/musical notes, or have to follow what the game gives them? And will there be actual Pokemon operas?

This topic makes me think of the short-lived Pokemon Live! musical.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I really don't know what to think of it.....
    I don't really like Musicals and I didn't really like the contests in D/P/P.
    The Hoenn Contests were the best,so Yeah,I might try it out but I'm not promising I'll like it.

Back