• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Musical

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
  • Frankly I dont really care about the musicals, just like I didnt care for sinnohs contests (the killed hoenns contests). I guess the musicals are for the younger players like my 9 year old sister. Its good that gamefreak are expanding their side minigame ideas.

Years
  • some of you are complaining that the musical would be stupid, and to bring back the pokeathlon. personally, I agree. a musical thing would be weird. it looks like they're bringing something like the contests back, which were not very entertaining. because I want to believe that they'll bring the pokeathlon back:

maybe the musical is just one of the pokeathlon minigames...?

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • New Details on Pokemon Musical:
    If you do well, the audience may give you a gift of sorts
    you can download music to use in pokemon musical. (I believe it is stated that you use High Link to do this? I don't remember. I think the SD card sounds more plausible. Anyway, can you imagine downloading something like, Candy Shop by 50 cent and watching your pokemon dance to that?)
    It takes place in "The Music Hall"
    All costumes and props are stored inside an item called The Goods Case.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Props to the preview people for putting Tsutaja in a cane and top hat. Smugleaf is canon!

Also, songs are apparently downloadable off the Global Link. Reminds me of Rock Guitar Band Hero With A Turntable. Although, I doubt it will end up having such a selection.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    This is such a cool Idea, but to be honest, Gen 3 had the best Mini-Game of all. Just the plain and simple Pokemon Contest, nothing more.

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • I liked the Pokeathlon best. It was fun haha. I'll have to see how this will play out, but I hope this'll provide something cool.

Years
  • Pokéathlon was far better than this. I'll have to give this one a try though,by the looks of the video(s). There's not much to do,it looks sort of a rendition of the DPPt contests. Mostly the dressing up part anyway.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • Pokéathlon was far better than this. I'll have to give this one a try though,by the looks of the video(s). There's not much to do,it looks sort of a rendition of the DPPt contests. Mostly the dressing up part anyway.

How can you say that Pokeathlon was better when you haven't even played Pokemon Musical yet? But I have to say, from what we've seen, the quality I'm guessing will be somewhere between Pokeathlon and RSE contests.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • I like it cus it looks like the dancing is a little mmore interactive, like combo moves and stuff instead of pressing a direction. Though there could be more to it then cool costumes and dancing!

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I can't wait for this! Musicals look great. I love how you can dress up your pokemon better than in previous contests.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm a bit undecided about this. On the one hand, they had something so good with the Pokéathlon and I wish they'd do something similar to that. But I did kind of like contests in DPPt (much more so than in RSE, anyway) and if they build on that idea and take out the battling part (which I always hated), I'd be fine with musicals. n_n;

It looks interesting but sounds lame. We'll see what wins out in the end, haha.

Years
  • I never ever equated contests and the pokeathelon in the same criteria.
    One is just a handful of mini-games, and the other actually uses the pokemon's moves and status you get by making poffin/pokeblocks.

If this was an extension of the dancing/dress up part of DPPt contests, but not the ONLY part of it, I would be ecstatic! But it doesn't look like it.
    I liked having a strategy to contests! It just takes some work to get some good poffins on a pokemon, play around with the dress up, and just a little mini-game with the button dancing, but the real part I loved was the move times. You had to use your brain and you couldn't "master" it like you can mini-games, there was a little bit of a challenge.

Back