• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Melancholy of the World

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    ((OOC: No; I haven't abandoned this RP. I'm alive. I just foolishly sent Cyl into the base before she could really get involved in anything... Sorry about that? :P))

IC:

--

Cyl glanced over at the Chansey as she dragged in some sort of strange blue Pokemon. She had been looking over the missions available (though she didn't find any she felt keen on taking) for a while now, but it was relieving to see some sort of action was going on now. Being designed, to do something; to have a purpose, boredom was one of the few things she comprehended to be 'bad'. So, in her sudden excitement, Cyl lifted her head and followed the Chansey to... wherever she was going.

When she finally found the room in which the Chansey had gone, a conversation was already unfolding. She saw that the Pokemon being dragged off by the Chansey was a small, blue, catlike creature. A Shinx, a part of her mental programming told her. Cyllunia-4 was fitted with the ability to identify any Pokemon known to the Deoxys (which was pretty much all of them, save for perhaps a few vague legendaries), their type, and their basic abilities. This had so far been useful in her time with the Guild, as she was never confused for long about the members' identities, and on missions she could battle foes surprisingly well. She often found herself wondering how the Pokemon of this world went without such a feature.

By the time she had finished processing these quick thoughts, Cyl had also identified a few of the other Pokemon around. The orange rodent-like one was a Raichu; the blue amphibious one was a Mudkip. And the Shinx had apparently been... unconscious, somehow.

Words were passed between the other Pokemon; most of them questions and comments about the Shinx. Cyl simply watched, intrigued. It never even crossed her mind that she might have been intruding or eavesdropping; such things were foreign concepts to the alien being.

Gumshoe Satyr

Clone 489024-9
    Years
    Name: Iris

Age: 123 years, but as a Vulpix, she appears to be around 7.

Species: Vulpix

Oddity: Used to be a Haunter, which accounts for her age before her transformation. She can sense feelings of fear, pain, and anxiety.

Description: She is pretty much a typical Vulpix except that her coat is highlighted by a very light purple that can only really be seen in sunlight or other bright light.

Personality: Although as a Haunter, Iris liked nothing better than to scare and prank people and Pokemon, but she's mellowed out some and become a little bit of a loner in the last three years. She does enjoy the occasional prank when she's bored but nothing really big. Actually, she not really shy, but generally stays away from other Pokemon because she feels that they won't understand her "uniqueness", but if she gets to know someone, she's very friendly and a jokester.

She never really wanted to be any kind of hero or rescuer, but since she can sense when someone nearby is in trouble or pain, she has a hard time keeping herself from not helping out. She does call other people by their real name, but she enjoys giving them nicknames as well. Because she's lived as two long-lived Pokemon, Haunter and Vulpix, she's exceptionally patient except in emergencies. She constantly grumbles to herself or others about how annoying it is to be a Vulpix, but it's only to cover up her own insecurities. Once in a while, when she's not thinking, she'll forget that she can't go through solid objects with often painful results.

History: Iris lived a pretty typical life for a Haunter, in a graveyard with other ghost-type Pokemon, for about one hundred and twenty years. On one fateful day, there was a flash of light, and she felt herself being pulled somewhere and her body begin to change shape. When she awoke, she was somewhere in the middle of a forest, changed into a Vulpix!

At first, of course, she panicked, but when that didn't get her anywhere, she started journeying from place to place, trying to find some kind of way to reverse her transformation. Iris heard many wondrous stories about humans being turned into Pokemon, Pokemon being pulled from the distant future, Pokemon gaining strange power, etc., but she has yet to find any with her particular problem. Now after three years of wandering, she just about given up hope of ever reverting back to her normal self.

While traveling through a dense forest, Iris picked up on strong feeling of pain and anguish that she just couldn't ignore. Identifying that it was a Shinx by its scent, she followed it for miles, and along the way, she discovered footprints and scents of various other Pokemon, plus a discarded, torn hammock. Eventually, she came upon a large, pink building.....

RP Sample:

Spoiler:

(I figured that Haunters don't really die from old age or at least live for a reeeaaallly
    long time since they're ghost-types, but I can change it if you want.)

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    When they had gotten to the guild, Maverick had just decided to follow the Pikachu who had done all the leading. He had nothing else to do. They ended up, for some reason or other, in front of Chatot. "Hey Chatot! Where's the Shinx at?" Asked the Pikachu. The Chatot turned to face the group "What- Oh, the injured Shinx!" replied the small bird "Yes Yes, Chansey took it down this hall, second door on the right, you can't miss it." Chatot said, pointing a wing down the rightmost corridor. "Wait a minute Chatot..." The Pikachu pondered, tilting his head to one side "That's...THAT'S MY ROOM!" he exclaimed at the Chatot. "Well" replied the Chatot "You were the one who found him. So it seemed only fit that we put him in your room." Maverick chuckled. Then, the Pikachu turned around and gave him a look. He started paying attention again, but he hoped something else strange would happen. "What about the clinic? Ever think about putting him there?!" "Clinic's full!" The Chatot chimed as his tail swung back and forth, much like a metronome. "But...But..." the Pikachu stammered "Arg! Never mind then. Comon guys, lets go check on that Shinx." He led the way, and Maverick immediately decided that, due to a chatterbox Swellow he met a long time ago, there would be at least some questioning. The Pikachu suddenly said, "I guess I'll just have to kick Chatot out of his room later."

"He's awake," Said someone. Maverick whirled around, and saw that pretty much everyone who had done the rescue had been behind him all along. "So I am," The Shinx stated with a weak smile. With surprising speed, a Chansey (presumably the one who took the Shinx out of their hands) zipped over to the doorway, an aura of malice almost visible. "Patients need to rest," she stated, her voice as threatening as thunder.

"It's okay, Miss," the Shinx interjected. "Hi there, I'm Lucius Orli. Are you the ones who rescued me?" The Cubone said, "Yah, we were... Well, it was mainly these guys. I just showed up to help carry you. How did you end up like this, anyway?" Maverick suddenly said, "I think I know; but first I have to ask a few questions." He paused, waiting for a response. He found none, so he decided to continue. "Right then, is it true that a few pokemon in this room are not what most people would call normal? For example, I'm pretty sure that you, fine sir," He gestured at the Raichu. "Are the only pokemon in existence here who wears sunglasses. And we've all probably heard tales of a wandering Shinx. Lucius, unless I've missed my mark, is that Shinx. And, he is probably the only person who will fully understand this phrase: 'pokemon league.'"

Last edited:

Gumshoe Satyr

Clone 489024-9
    Years
    (Cool. Too late to help Lucius but not too late to get pulled into everything. Enter new character)

"What is that place!?" Iris wondered aloud, as she spotted a large, pink building ahead in the shape of..... well, a Wigglytuff head. "How strange!" She'd been following the scent of a Shinx for miles because she'd sensed that he was in some kind of pain or trouble, which was a kind of gift or curse-depending on her mood- that she had. Sometime ago, the feelings had completely vanished, which could only mean three things: he'd already been rescued, he was unconscious, or that.... he was dead. I do hope that Shinx is alright even if he was just another skin bag.

Truthfully, Iris was a "skin bag" herself, but before about three years ago, she'd been a Haunter, happily living in a cemetery for a good one hundred and twenty years. Now, she was a Vulpix.... and a young one at that, appearing to be about seven. If Shinx is here, maybe he has been rescued. Well, I guess I'd better check this out. Carefully. Not many Pokemon cared very much for or even feared and hated Haunters and other ghost-type Pokemon, and she figured that the same thing went for a Pokemon who used to be a Haunter. Climbing into some bushes, Iris watched the comings and goings of the Wigglytuff building. It didn't take long for her to realize that it would be near impossible for her to even get to the structure without being spotted because Pokemon were constantly entering or existing it. What kinda place is this anyway? I've never seen so much activity!

Stepping out of the bushes into the shade of a large oak tree, she waited for a Pokemon to pass by, knowing that her unusual highlights couldn't be seen there. "Hey, excuse me! Did you see a Shinx go by this way? He coulda been injured or something," she asked a nearby Squirtle, who gave her such a strange look that she feared that her cover was blown. Crud, I bet he saw the highlights! Hope he's one of the few ghost Pokemon lovers!

Shaking his head as if to clear his thoughts, the Squirtle answered, "Uh... Yeah, he was just brought in a little while ago by Volt, Jeremy and some others. He's in the guild," he pointed at the pink building. "but how did you k...." Aggrrhh.... That's where I goofed!

"I-I met them in the woods and just wanted to make sure that got here safely. Thanks for the heads-up, Squirtle. See ya!" Beating a hasty retreat, Iris gave a little sigh of relief when Squirtle seemed to accept her explanation and continued on his way. After she was a safe enough distance away, she turned around to watch the activity around the guild for a little while longer, cocking her head curiously. "A guild, huh? Interesting...."

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
    Years
    "Let's go see how that Shinx is doing," Volt suggested, and they all followed him into the room. But when Volt asked Chatot, a fairly important member of the Guild, where the Shinx was being kept, he suddenly exploded in surprise when he was informed the Shinx was being kept in his room.

Volkova smiled on the inside. The Guild had a very communist setup. What belonged to one, could be used by all. Communism had been the ancient ancestor of the modern Deoxy's government and economic system, and their nation was descended from that ancient system. So Volkova approved of the Guild's choice, although the way they implemented it, she was still a little uncomfortable with. It was far too unregulated, everyone did their own thing, oftentimes without informing a supervisor. It was far from the orderly, logical system with which Volkova was used to.

The voice of the Shinx interrupted her thoughts. He was telling the Chansey that it was okay for him to have visitors. Although Volkova didn't know why the Chansey cared what the patient thought so much; it was a proven fact that the person who least knew what was best for him was in fact, that person.

"Hi there, I'm Lucius Orli. Are you the ones who rescued me?"

"Yah, we were..." the Cubone answered. "Well, it was mainly these guys. I just showed up to help carry you. How did you end up like this, anyway?"

"Hi, I'm Volkova," Volkova introduced herself, then waited. The Cubone's question was somewhat hers as well, although it wasn't really more than idle curiosity. She viewed the indigenous species of this planet somewhat distantly, as though through a pane of glass at a zoo.

She looked around, and saw an Abra in the room. She didn't recall an Abra involved in the escapade, but it was possible he had arrived when she was off calling the Chansey.

Suddenly, her HUD blinked. The Abra was a Deoxys interface! Excitement roared through her, as this would have been her first encounter with another Deoxys since arriving at Earth.

But wait. The excitement drained from her body as she realized it wasn't a Deoxys after all. Just an Artificial Intelligence.

She shrugged inwardly. Well, it was better than nothing. She kept an eye on the Abra while she waited for an explanation from Lucius.

Loud and Annoying Pidgey

« if you still b e l i e v e »
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Ok,i finally decided to make another sign-up to try. >.<

(If this doesnt work,i took it from another rpg im in and added the oddity part,so i can just redo this on your sign-up if it doesnt work. Also added RP sample.)

Name: Diamond (Tells everybody his name is Scar)

Pokemon choice: Umbreon

Oddity: Scar has the ability to sense other peoples feelings and can teleport short distances

Personality:
    Scar is very calm,despite his appearence. When he is around other pokemon,he tries to hold back the memories of his friends. He will ignore certain people until he figures out if they are going to be good pokemon to hang out with. When in battle,he gets furious,and sometimes loses due to his "Dont think just attack" strategy in some battles.

Appearance:
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Melancholy of the World

Scar has a large,X-shaped scar on his eye. Where most Umbreons have yellow round circles on them,he has blue spikes and diamonds. The bone-like pieces on his back,paws,and neck look like those found on a houndoom. due to this look,people assume his mother was an Umbreon and his father was a Houndoom. He has bright red eyes that cause people to get scared when they glare at him most of the time,but not all people fall for this trick in battle.

History: Scar was born in a small cave as an Eevee. when he was born,he had a slightly bluish tint to his fur coloring. His parents named him Diamond due to this. When he was older,the blue color began getting darker,and he gained some black to his fur color also. His parents were concerned,so they decided to wait until it got worse to bring him to Chansey and Blissey. When he was about 8,his parents went for a walk with him and nicknamed him Scar. On the way back to the cave,a pack of hungry,raging Arcanine killed his parents. He was then raised by a pack of houndoom,who taught him everything about survival. When he turned 9,he forgot about his parents and evolved. Due to being with a Houndoom pack so long,he looked like both an Umbreon and a Houndoom. He then turned 10,and was old enough to leave the pack.

RP sample:
    (Post from "Pokemon Ranger - Havoc In The SkyWing Region"

"Well,atleast he seems nice... Riolu said. "Yes,we are rangers." Savanna said as she pulled out her styler. Riolu nodded. Savanna looked next to her as a strong gust of wind suddenly appeared out of nowhere. After the wind was gone,it revealed a Pidgeot. "Hey Zephyr." Savanna said as she took a note out of the large bird's grasp. She began to read it...

Dear Savanna,
    Its me sis. How is Riolu doing? Also if you get the time to answer,me and mom wants you to send back the custard creams. Grandma moved here,to Fiore.
    Love you!
    Crystal

After reading the message,she remembered what totodile did. Oh god... savanna thought. She wrote on the back of the paper.

Dear Crystal,
    Its me Savanna. Riolu is doing fine. I have bad news about the custard creams though. One of my teammates,Cage,and his Totodile stole the custard creams and ate them. Tell grandma I said sorry.
    Love ya!
    Savanna

3SWRB

Savanna stopped writing and gave the note to Zephyr. "Ok Zephyr,bring it to mom and Crystal." Savanna said,petting him. The large bird made a high-pitched screeching noise and flew off. Savanna turned back to Mit. "Anyways,yeah,we are rangers. What about you?" Savanna asked.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    COMMENT: Is it just me, or is this part of the story going all over the place, lol? I'll just jump in when I feel like it's time.

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
    Comment OOC: Yeah, I feel the same way. Seems like Lusankya and Goulerbot have posted a response to the same story twice...

I think I'm gunna do the same thing as Eleclion till this gets sorted out.

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    Black Pendulum Rayquaza: Denied for now. Your history and personality are a bit short for my tastes, not to mention I don't like being able to sense others feelings and teleport as your oddity.

Goulerbot: Think you can edit your post a bit? I realize why he may think Luc (And Jeremy) May be human, but saying that there is nobody normal in the room is going a bit overboard. I would prefer that everyone finds out over time, rather then all at once.

Eleclion: Did wolfsrain give you permission to use his character? If he didn't, you shouldn't control his actions that much.

I will also wait till New Age Retro Hippie posts before continuing. Seems several things are hanging on him right now.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    COMMENT: Great, now all we need is for New Age Retro Hippie to post.

New Age Retro Hippie

No matter where I am, I...
    Years
    OOC: Ayah. Performances are draining. But at least I was deemed the best~! And now, the moment you've all been waiting for… my somewhat late post.

In response to Luc's question, a brown Pokémon with a white skull serving as a helmet appeared with the group, and answered; "Yeah, we were…" The Cubone, as Luc identified it, motioned to the others. "Well, it was mainly these guys. I just showed up to help carry you. How did you get this way anyway?"

"Hi, I'm Volkova," a new arrival stated. It was a larger Pokémon than the rest of the group, looking intently at Luc through transparent red orbs over its eyes. It was a Flygon; Luc had met one before. What interested him was that the Flygon had a few patches of odd colouring. Perhaps that was an indicator of humanity? Volkova was waiting expectantly, ready to listen to his tale,

Before he could answer the Cubone's question, the blue Pokémon, a Mudkip, spoke up. "I think I know; but first I have to ask a few questions." The Mudkip paused, glancing at the others, seemingly looking for a response. Luc stayed silent, intrigued. "Right then, is it true that a few Pokémon in this room are not what most people would call normal?" Luc almost wanted to nod, but seeing that no-one else did, he just kept listening. "For example, I'm pretty sure that you, fine sir," The Mudkip gestured at the bespectacled Raichu. "Are the only Pokémon in existence here who wears sunglasses." Ah, so someone else had picked up on that fact. "And we've all probably heard tales of a wandering Shinx." Luc saw a few nods. "Lucius, unless I've missed my mark, is that Shinx. And, he is probably the only person who will fully understand this phrase: 'Pokémon league'."

Luc broke into a grin. A surge of excitement washed through him. Automatically, he began to rattle off: "The Pokémon League, a gathering of the world's best Pokémon Trainers and their faithful partners. A tournament of skill and strength, ultimately to determine who is the most powerful trainer and who is the most amazing Pokémon. Of course I do!" Luc started giggling, and shook his head. "If I could get up, I would hug you, dude."

While the Mudkip was mirroring his expression, the rest of the group seemed rather confused. Luc decided to change the subject. "I'm sorry, Cubone, I'll answer you now. I'm a minstrel, as you may have heard and I was merely looking for another settlement to stay at. Unfortunately, I got directions from a crooked Banette and I was sent through one of the Mysterious Dungeons. I'm not very strong, you see, and so I got beat up pretty bad. Thankfully, I came across this kind sir," Luc nodded at the Pikachu, "and it seems you all helped get me here. I'm truly thankful."

Meanwhile, a certain Pikachu had climbed downstairs to get to her room, grumbling the whole way. Perhaps it was fate that led her to overhear the Mudkip and Shinx talking about this odd "Pokémon League"…

OOC: Might as well get the star of the show in here!

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    Cubone's eyes widened as he slowly realized from the Shinx's explanation of a 'pokemon leauge' that the two (or three?) pokemon before him had at one time been human, the strange lifeforms that apparently had came from another dimension. Grumpig had mentioned them to him while explaining the situation of the pokemon world that fateful day. Come to think of it, Grumpig knew quite a bit about things... he vaguely wondered why. His pondering was cut short though by a voice behind him. Quite a familiar one as well.

"What are you guys talking about?"

Yuu gulped, and spun around to see Megumi. Had she been eavesdropping?

"N-nothing..." Yuu responded to the pikachu, cutting off anyone who might have responded before him. He was a little nervous, but he quickly regained his composure "We found this guy all beat up a ways away from here, and we brought him in to help..."

She seemed to buy it. That was a relief. He remembered a conversation he had quite a while ago with Grumpig, where he asked exactly why they couldn't just go up and tell Megumi what was going on. Apparently, several pokemon had theories that if she was to discover the existence of humans, aliens, or 'awakened' pokemon like himself, It could potentially lead to even more disruptions to the fabric of reality, what with her possibly wanting to see more having the possibility of dragging more pokemon into potentially harmful situations, in the end speeding up the rate at which reality was deteriorating. He didn't want that.

"Is he gonna be ok?" She asked, seeming concerned.

"Yah... seems like it. With a little rest, he should be fine..."

The Pikachu nodded, and turned to leave. The cubone let out a relieved sigh. That had to be the longest he had ever conversed with her. However, just when he thought she was leaving...

"Thats it!" She exclaimed happily, apparently having some type of epiphany "Its so simple! I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner!"

"...Think of what?" Yuu couldn't help but inquire. Megumi spun around to face him, looking very exited. He had a bad feeling about this...

"If none of the other teams here meet my standards, I should just start my own!"

"But..." Yuu muttered "Dosn't a team require... more then one person?"

"Hmm... your right..." The pikachu said, some of her confidence gone. However, after a few moments of thinking, that smirk she had came back to her face. "Why don't you be the first member!"

"M-me!?" Yuu exclaimed at the Pikachu's idea "We just met! Why me!?"

"I havn't seen you go on any team missions since you arrived here!" She replied, still in an exited tone of voice "Besides, you pointed out the flaw in my perfect plan! You obviously have taken an intrest!"

"I was just being insightful!"

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
    ...And, he is probably the only person who will fully understand this phrase: 'Pokemon league.'"

Volt stood there as if he was put under a some sort of trance by the Mudkip's words. <Pokemon League...Pokemon League...> The words echoed in Volt's mind over and over again. The words seemed so familiar, as if he had heard them before, but he could not remembered where from. It was like knowing the tune of a song, but not knowing the words.

He suddenly was snapped out of his trance when Megumi, the only other Pikachu in the guild, came into Volt's room. As soon as she entered, Volt's heart skipped a beat, and he felt as though he was on Cloud 9.

"What are you guys talking about?" she asked. Volt was about to answer her, but stopped himself. Last time he talked to her, he had babbled like an idiot. So this time, Volt decided just to listen. She began talking to Yuu, the Cubone, about forming a team. After Yuu had pointed out that, having only one member a team wouldn't work, she "recruited" him. By this point in the conversation, Volt gathered up enough courage to ask the other Pikachu a question.

"Mind...Um...Mind if I join too?" he nervously asked, afterwords sighing with relief, glad that he didn't screw it up too badly.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back