• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Murder

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2015
    I think it was Rufflet/Sherlock as he was looking for clues to be done with, and hide them. Therefore, I vote for Sherlock.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2016
    To be fair, we don't actually know when the murder happened, so perhaps it's a bit rash to be blaming the primary witnesses when the death could've happened hours earlier... Bagu would be packing a strong Stone Edge attack which would have easily been enough to take down the bird, but where is the evidence? Surely there'd be leftover rocks or sharp cuts on the body or loud noises coming from the room, but we've been presented with none of the above. It's possible the scream was just an attempt to pin the blame on Bagu, or it could've been a reaction to his attack, or perhaps it was just a genuine shriek at finding a dead body. Regardless, Bagu is still seeming like the likely suspect to me so I'll keep my vote placed on him.

Haha, I'm excited that the mystery isn't so open-and-shut!

AlexOzzyCake has a point - we don't know when it happened. If we assume it took place during the darkness, that means the murder was commited in just three seconds. In that case, I don't think Umbr30n's scenario would fit. Also, if death was due to multiple bites from Lyn, then I'd think the police would notice blood around her mouth. Three seconds isn't enough time to kill and clean off for sure. I'm willing to bet that the murder took place beforehand, and Pidgeotto was only put on display during the three-second blackout. Lyn and Bagu just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Wow. I thought that there wasn't many problems, and here comes the tidal wave.

So, Lyn couldn't of used Electric Attacks... And Lyn also couldn't have used Bite. I said before, that Lyn could also use Ice Fang... But, then, there would be the same reason that couldn't have happened as with Bite. But then, Lyn could have used Swagger, which would give Pidgeotto enough confusion to hit himself to death!

If Bagu used Stone Edge, AlexOzzyCake... Then tell me. Where would Bagu GET the stones? You can't use Stone Edge without stones. And Pidgeotto would undoubtedly keep the mansion clean and tidy, but we never know. If Bagu would get them outside, than he could've used it, but Lyn could've noticed.

But, I have to say that I am completely stumped when I read the part that the murder could've been hours before they arrived. If the murder is indeed not either Bagu or Lyn, then it could be ANYONE other than Sherlock the Rufflet because we know that Sherlock examined Pidgeotto while he was dead.

Because I have been given enough problems, I reverse my vote for Lyn. But, I'm not placing it on Bagu. Instead, I'm placing it on Sneasel. Why? First off, he is much faster. He's also sneakier, stealthier, and a bit of a ninja, if you know what I mean. He would be better at sabotaging lights, and what's more, with his pretty good Attack and the powerful Ice Punch attack (With a base of 102.5 power for him), he could kill Pidgeotto with just one of that, unless Pidgeotto has max HP and Defense EVs. Then, he hides, while Lyn puts the lights back to normal.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Pokemon Mystery Murder

Now, according to the type chart, Flying-Types aren't weak to either Bug or Fighting. Normal Types are weak to Fighting-Type, but the Flying Type nullifies it. Flying Types are weak to Electric... That means Lyn could have caused much more pain to Pidgeotto then Bagu, unless of course Bagu had a Rock-Type move hidden up his sleeve.

Now, lets look at the type chart again: Electric is resistant to Flying, Fighting Type is weak to Flying and Bug is also weak to Flying. If Bagu tried to kill Pidgeotto, Pidgeotto would have easily put up a fight and it would have easily escaped the scene. But Lyn... Pidgeotto would have trouble fighting it, because of the type chart, and Lyn would easily kill Pidgeotto with a strong Electric Type move.

Then, Lyn makes a scream and tries to pin it on Bagu. To me, it fits without any problems.

Besides, just because somebody screamed doesn't mean they didn't do the crime.

This is how the events most likely happened, from my gatherings of evidence...

The Pokémon decided to explore the mansion in groups, well, at least Bagu and Lyn anyway. What the others didn't know, was that Lyn had a fiendish plot to kill Pidgeotto, as they probably hated each other through and through... And eventually, Lyn was in luck, as she and Bagu managed to find Pidgeotto. Pidgeotto greeted the two firmly, and turned back to meet the others when Lyn started shocking Pidgeotto repeatedly, while Pidgeotto stopped for a second, and tried to run away. He was too weak, however, as Lyn was pulling him back with more of her electric abilities, as Bagu looked at the scene, frozen in horror. Then, as soon as Pidgeotto was dead, Lyn quickly made a note, placed it on Pidgeotto and gave a giant scream which caused everyone to arrive at the scene, which is where we are now. This is the reason Bagu's expression didn't change. He had witnessed Lyn kill Pidgeotto slowly.

Well, it's what I think anyway, and if Lyn does not get executed today, I bet I'm the person who would be killed in the next part of the story because Lyn doesn't want me to gather any more evidence against her. And if she does, we have more evidence to who would be the murderer, probably enough to give her away.

Wouldn't we all hear the electricity? Wouldn't we see flashes of light as dim as they may be?

I will vote sneazel for the above reasons that have been stated with him being much more agile and ninja-ish. If Bagu did not kill pidgeotto and if lyn killed him with electricty than why hasnt he dobbed him in because he obviously looked like he cared for said bird

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    Glad to see everyone thinking so hard on this. Just so you know, voting deadline is Sunday.
    Here is the updated vote list

Zangoose aka Floyd - 0

Eevee aka Lukela - 0

Rufflet aka Sherlock - 1

Sneasel - 2

Houndour aka Gordon - 0

Sandshrew aka Ryudo - 0

Totodile - 0

Heracross aka Bagu - 3

Shinx aka Lyn - 0

Medicam aka Jessie - 0

Abra aka Dr. Who - 0

Jolteon aka Sparky - 0

Affliction

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2016
    Wouldn't we all hear the electricity? Wouldn't we see flashes of light as dim as they may be?

I will vote sneazel for the above reasons that have been stated with him being much more agile and ninja-ish. If Bagu did not kill pidgeotto and if lyn killed him with electricty than why hasnt he dobbed him in because he obviously looked like he cared for said bird

Yeah. Someone else already pointed that out.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    Ok everyone, voting deadline was today so here is the next story.

PMM Part 2 - The first execution

Everyone gathered around at Pidgey's house to vote on who to kill. "Ok you guys, we know that there is a serial killer in this group," announced Pidgey. "It's time to bring him or her to justice!!" After 30 minutes of voting, Pidgey counted them. "So, today's execution is..." she paused to look at the votes. "Sorry Bagu, you're the one," Pidgey stared at Bagu. "What?! Oh come on guys, it's not me I swear!!" said Bagu, terrified. But, it was the decision, and nothing could be done about it. They decided to burn him, in a furnace, and the only one safe to go in there and chain him to the bottom of the furnace, was Totodile. "This is for the good of everyone, you didn't have to kill Pidgeotto," said Totodile. "But... I didn't!!!," said Bagu. After 20 minutes, the furnace started, the screams of Bagu filled the air, then... silence.

-Three days later-

Three days and no murder. Everything was fine. Totodile was sitting on the couch, while the memories of the execution haunt her. Then the doorbell rang. At the door was Dr. Who the Abra and Totodile's good friend, Lyn. "I'm here to help you get over your troubles," said Dr. Who. "He wanted me to come, he said it would help," said a sympathetic Lyn. Dr. Who started the therapy. "Lyn, hold Totodile's hand." He kept on doing the therapy. "Now, look deep into your soul, and-" Dr. Who was cut off by the sound of a window breaking. It was a brick with a note on it. The note said "Goodbye." Then another brick went through the window, knocking Lyn unconscious. Another brick went flying and almost hit Dr. Who, but he used psychic and stopped it from hitting him. Then one hit Totodile. A loud ZAP filled the air. Dr. Who noticed that the stone had an electrical charge. It surprised him because electric powers couldn't go with rocks. When he was distracted by the rare stone, another brick hit him unconscious. The neighbor, Zangoose, called the police because he was worried. When police arrived, Pidgey being one of them, saw Totodile dead on the floor. But Dr. Who and Lyn where nowhere to be found. Pidgey found another note saying "The two I took will be gone, I will send in their votes, but don't worry, I won't change them," Pidgey froze. Then she said, "We picked wrong..."

That was story #2. No one can vote for Lyn or Dr. Who, for they are nowhere to be found. Don't worry, they will be back. Who ever is Lyn or Dr. Who, you can still vote and don't worry, the murderer wont change your votes. Voting deadline is Sunday, October 20
    Start voting.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    I vote for none other than Floyd the Zangoose.
    Floyd can learn Thunder Bolt or Thunder he can also learn Rock Tomb, Brick Break and Rock Slide. I believe he threw the bricks in with either 3 of the Rock Tomb, Rock Slide or brick break and after used thunderbolt or thunder.
    Plus he was at the scene of the crime and he called the police he didn't check on the bodies he was... certain of their deaths I find that a little bit suspicious though for how he killed the last pokemon is easy because... he too is very agile and fast and his range of TMs is fairly good and cover the last 2 deaths.

Sources
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Zangoose_(Pokémon)#Stats
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Zangoose_(Pokémon)#Learnset
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Zangoose_(Pokémon)#By_TM.2FHM

Affliction

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2016
    I vote for Zangoose for Chuckleslucifer's reasons. Just adding the fact that both victims of murder are weak to Electric, which could mean that this guy is pinning it on someone else.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • Yeah, Floyd the zangoose is really suspicious. Though anyone could pick up a chargestone, what chuckleslucifer said about him being at the crime scene and not checking the bodies makes a lot of sense. Also, he's big enough to kidnap the two unconscious pokémon easily. I'm casting my vote for him.

Aww, poor Bagu! D: And Totodile having to live with that execution (though only for a short time)...

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Does the murderer change everytime or does the murderer stay the murderer until we catch him/her?

Serperion

The Fallen King
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    Hey all just got back looking over the story. Anyways read over the other comments as though it's probably really blunt but I actually suspect Lyn, because it's implied she's kidnapped but she also would possess some electrical abilities and strength and she might be lying about being kidnapped and might by trying to pull the old innocent victim trick so yeh voting Lyn.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Yes but I still believe it is odd that Floyd did not check the house for anything he instantly called the cops which to me is extremely odd, and he also has a very long list of moves that come from an array of types

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2015
    Are none of you looking at that Floyd could actually be a different Zangoose than their neighbor?

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2014
    (even though im dead because PEOPLE BURNED ME IN A FURNACE! just here to say haaave fuuun with your pokemon murder mystery >:3)

Back