• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon mythology RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    Okay, so I figured, why not start another RP? I'm a nerd, and I'm cool with that...so yeah...here we go!

This RP is about Pokemon mythology, and the Pokemon researchers/trainers that have decided to research it and do experiments, etc. I have no limit on the number of characters that can play, but please understand that once this gets going, it is hard to add people in.

I will allow use of information from ALL Pokemon games. Please understand that I am only familliar with R/B/Y, and most of G/S, as I do not own a GBA, and do not believe in downloading ROMs. If you use information from R/S, please hint at it as such, which means, you don't have to blatantly state it as such, but say that the artifact, myth, etc was found in the Hoenn region or something like that.

Mythology is meant to have many interpertaions and to spurt into many different directions. Please do not flame or cyper yell at people who know or make up myths that do not line up with yours, but rather, discuss it, post your own theory, but please understand that this is supposed to be a healthy, supportie RP of researchers and trainers. I don't mind the occasional quarrel between characters, but if you don't have something nice to say about someone, unless what they wrote is direly wrong and will affect this RP in a horrible way, please do not say it.

Please feel free to create or expand on myths already found in the games or tv shows. Have fun!!

We will begin at a mythology research convention at Bill's home in Cerulean City in Kanto. This is meant only as a starting point, so it won;t last too long. It's just a place for characters to meet and get to know each other. We'll see where the RP goes from there! Let me set the scene for you. I will also introduce my character, whose stats will be found at the end of this post:

The morning sun was beginning to singe the eastern horizon. Elizabeth was already busy setting up a large, white field tent for the research convention with Bill at his seaside home. The tent covered a large area, almost as much ground as Bill's lighthouse-turned-home.

The air was light and cheery for a beginning of summer day. The grass swayed gently under her sandaled feet. She adjusted the bandana that held back her long brown hair, and continued to push pegs into the moist earth to keep the tent from flying away.

All the while, she was thinking hard about yesterday. It had been a glorious evening for homework outside. She had been sitting out with her laptop in the early evening, when the sun was going down, and that was when she heard it. She knew the sound immediately, because she had heard Bill's recordings so many times.

A Dragonite had called in the distance.

She had told Bill, and he was overjoyed, staying up for most of the night playing his recording to find that Dragonite once more. He had told her he had almost met it once, long ago when a kid named Ash and his group of friends had visited the lighthouse. Since then...nothing.

"Liz," Bill called to her, bringing her back to the present. "The tent's all set! You'd better go change...people are going to start arriving soon!"

"Sure thing!" Liz called, seeming to scamper with excitement into her little cottage, which had been built adjacent to his home before her arrival there last year. "I'll be right out!"

She hurriedly shed her overalls and white tee shirt in favor of a smart black skirt and a red, 3/4 sleeve shirt that hugged her 18-year-old body nicely. She threw on her black dress does, and put her hair up in a bun, securing it with a handful of bobby pins. She dashed out of the house in time to see the first arrivals...

Stats:

Name: Elizabeth (Liz) Summers
    Occupation: Student at a Pokemon Academy/College (nothe the pokemon academy rp!)
    Current mythological research: Dragonite, and its connections with the world before records of human and pokemon interaction.
    Pokemon (if any): Eevee

Sakuyamon

Pokemon Master
    Years
    OOC:

Name: Cassy Nijiro Yuhii
    Current mythological research: Mew, Latias, Ho-Oh and ancient objekts that has with pokemon to do
    Pokemon: Pikachu(has blue eyes and the black marks on the ears are diffrent), Quilava, Charizard(darker marks on the body), Bayleef, Flareon and Espeon(pinkish)

While enjoying the fresh air of the early morning, a trainer named Cassy walked on the small path towards her destination and at her feet a normal sized Pikachu with blue eyes and strangly marked ears followed.

When arriving at the place where she would help researching on myths, she thought it was odly empty.

"Maybe its not here where we are supposed to be?"

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    Name: Seph Jones
    Occupation: Former pokemon champion of kanto, and researcher-slash-treasure hunter.
    Current mythological research: (Non-mythological) Regenerated fossil pokemon, pokemon DNA. (Mythological) Studying reports of legendary as well as unique (like crystal onix) pokemon, and currently getting information on an artifact rumored to be able to make humans pokemon, and veise-versa.
    Pokemon (if any): Scizor, and Charmeleon.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    OOC: Alright! It's time to begin! Other people may join while we are still in the conference mode of the RP!

IC: Liz saw a girl apporaching with an oddly colored Pikachu at her side. Its striking blue eyes caught Liz off guard as the young trainer approacked. Clip board in hand, Liz made her way over to the girl to greet her.

"You must be Cassy," she said, offering a handshake. "Welcome to the conference. I'm so glad you could make it! The others should be arriving shortly."

Liz smiled brightly, as her Eevee came running out of her cottage to greet the strangely colored Pikachu.

"Oh, I almost forgot," Liz said, withdrawing a name tag that was clipped to the clip board. "Here's your name tag, so everyone will know who you are!"

Liz handed her the tag, and led her to the tent. There were a bunch of seats lined up in rows with a podium at the front. A refreshment table stood in the back corner where the two had just entered.

"I've got to tell you," Liz said excitedly, sitting down in one of the chairs. "Bill has never had such a to-do at his place before! This will be so excellent to get all the mythological researchers in one place!"

Liz's excited expression soon turned almost to alarm as she realized she was neglecting her duties. She shot up and ran to the tent exit.

"Please make yourself comfortable, and help yourself to the refreshments!" Liz called. "It was wonderful to meet you! Come on, Eevee!"

With that, she dashed out of the tent to meet the other arrivals.

Thunder

Suicune Master!
    Years
    Name: Thunder
    Current mythological research: people into pokemonand the bond between a person and his pokemon
    Pokemon: Suicune(with no horn) and a pikachu (Pure black eyes and red fur)

Reptar

GOT OLD.
    Years
    Name: Kiriko Cloud
    Current mythological research: Space, and the 'legends' of Jirachi and Deoxys.
    Pokemon (if any): Espeon, castform, and lunatone.
    Looks: tall, thin, blue eyes, shoulder length blonde hair, wears blue jeans and a dark blue sweatshirt.
    Kiriko strode along the dirt path leading to Bill's seaside cottage. She could see it just up ahead. She looked out over the shimmering ocean, than back toard the cottage. when she arrived, she signed in and got a nametag.

Last edited:

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    I was walking towards bill's house, when I recieved a call on my Cell-phone.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Boss!" It was my assistant, and he sounded frantic. "I think I finally found an acurate translation for that tablet!"

"Really?!" I asked, this could be big if it was true.

"Yes! But it'll take some time to translate." He replied.

"Okay, I'm busy now, but I'll get back there as soon as I can." I said, and hung up. Then I continued towards the lighthouse with a new spring in my step.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    Name: Asher
    Current mythological research: Pokemon Orbs and element seeking.
    Pokemon (if any): Charizard, Blastoise and Raichu.
    Looks: <_<; Like my avatar. Only I don't look as serious.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Name: K'tol
    Description: Wears a dark green shirt with black shorts. The shirt has a pale yellow moon on it (crescent)
    Personality: secretive, quiet
    Pokemon: Shiftry, Nuzleaf, Crawdaunt

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    OOC: So here we go! Let's mingle for a few posts and see where that takes us!

Liz met all the arrivals, and showed them into the tent. Bill hurried out of the lighthouse, looking smart in his black suit. He smiled at Liz quickly, and went into the tent to mingle with his colleagues.

The lighting in the tent was sufficient and inviting. Bill strode in excitedly, and prepared to give his welcome speech.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Note: K'tol is also VERY sarcastic and antisocial!

*K'tol looked up at Bill, waiting expectently*

You must have some good new, I can tell by the silly grin you're wearing!

*K'tol scowls and waits impatiently*

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    OOC: my character isn't mean, but doesn't put up with people so well.

"For change, how about you hush, let him say what he wants to, THEN you can complain, alright?" I said to K'tol.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    *K'tol turned slowly to face Seph slowly*

How 'bout you keep your trap closed. No one asked your opinion!

*K'tol turned back to Bill*

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    pokejungle said:
    *K'tol turned slowly to face Seph slowly*

How 'bout you keep your trap closed. No one asked your opinion!

*K'tol turned back to Bill*

I calmly replied "No one asked for your sadistic comments either, so how about we both be silent until after he's finished?"

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    Bill took the podium, and after clearing his throat, began the speech:

"Good day to you all! As you all know, I am Bill, commonly referred to as the Pokemaniac," he chuckled a little. "I would like to welcome you to the first annual Pokemon Mythology Convention. I know some of you have traveled some great distances to get here, and I am very grateful that you took the oppertunity to be here." He smiled brightly, and gestured for Liz, who has seated next to him, to stand. "This is my assistant, Elizabeth. She's studying Pokemon Mythology through an online course offered by the Pokemon University, and has been assisting me with the reasearch on Dragonite as well as other projects. She would like to say a few words."

Liz smiled brightly, and took the podium. She tucked her hair behind he ears nervously, and looked out into the audience.

"Hello," she said clearly, feeling very excited to get a chance to speak. "As Bill said, I've been studying mythology, and it's been about two years since I began my studies. I am looking foward to sharing my research with all of you when we break off to chat with one another, but first, I would like to offer all of you a great oppertunity. Yesterday, I heard the call of a very large Dragonite who had been a frequent visitor to this lighthouse on foggy nights a few years back until Ash Ketchum came to visit. Bill and I both believe that this Dragonite may come to visit again tonight. The forecast for tonight is supposed to be very foggy, and we would both love it if you would join us in trying to make contact with this Dragonite.

"The reason this is so important, is that this is not an ordinary Dragonite. Bill and I have done a lot of research from the data we have gathered from his encounters, and have come to the hypothesis that this Dragonite is indeed very old, and may be an important key in discovering much about our past with Pokemon before records were made of our experiences.

"Bill is opening up his house for lodging if that is an issue for all of you. WIthout further ado, I will hand you over to Bill once more."

Liz smiled in appreciation of the audience, and walked back to her seat.

"Well, I sincerely hope all of you, with your different expertises will be so kind as to join us tonight at the lighthouse," Bill told them. "Now, I was hoping some of you may be interested in sharing your different styles and types of research, as mythology is a very small fied with a wide range of influences. I would love to hear what you all have to say. Are there any volunteers?"

Liz and Bill looked hopefully into the audience.

OOC: I'm hoping to gain a good idea of what different myth studies and other such things you folks are going to bring to the RP. Don't worry...action will be happening soon enough! Hope you are all having fun! ^_^

Thunder

Suicune Master!
    Years
    *thinks* mmmmmmmmm shes cute and shes very good at this*comes back to realatiy*
    umm ill share my reserch on pokemon

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    Liz noticed Thunder's hand in the air. He had been looking at her for a few minutes now. She smiled, and blushed.

"Go right ahead, Thunder," she offered, gesturing to the podium.

Reptar

GOT OLD.
    Years
    Kiri waited for a chance to share her most recent research on Deoxys with everyone here. She whispered what she would say at the podium, to memorize it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back