• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Neon

Switch to Ruby Hack? Note; 2 Rideable PKmn,Day/Night,Plantable Berries)

• Yeah

Votes: 46 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 39.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vallander

Close your eyes...
Years
  • this sounds pretty cool. the storylines good, seems to need some tweaking, like krysteenah suggested, but other than that i think it sounds good.

just an idea, you could have a couple battles where gary teams up with ash or one of the other heros (kinda like in pokemon diamond / pearl or even in emerald with steven)

this sounds good though i wish you luck! :) (cant wait to try it out! lol)

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • I will tell you guys again. THIS IS NOT A SHINY GOLD HACK!!! It has nothing to do with Shiny Gold so please stop spamming my thread with statements that it is a hack of shiny gold.

I did use Zel's blocks 1 originally in the screens but not his whole hack, I have already changed the blocks and everything and will update once I figure out how to import them. All in all, it had blocks from shiny gold but that was about it and the only blocks were the ground and the trees. As of now, I'm looking for a new tileset.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • I will tell you guys again. THIS IS NOT A SHINY GOLD HACK!!! It has nothing to do with Shiny Gold so please stop spamming my thread with statements that it is a hack of shiny gold.

I did use Zel's blocks 1 originally in the screens but not his whole hack, I have already changed the blocks and everything and will update once I figure out how to import them. All in all, it had blocks from shiny gold but that was about it and the only blocks were the ground and the trees. As of now, I'm looking for a new tileset.

There are some nice tuts on importing tiles in the tuts section. There are also some nice ROM Bases that are released to the public with new tile sets. And your thread is in progression hacks, and using tiles that you probably were not permitted to use, will just get your thread locked, so I thought I would point that out.

Here is a public ROM Base you might be interested in though, very nice tiles and palettes imo.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4160104&postcount=149

or this one

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4188569&postcount=153

just back up your maps and scripts, then edit them accordingly.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • Ooo I like that too, I may try it.

I personally like the second one better, the grass and the water give a really nice environment effect, and since your game name is neon, the electric blue water is pretty sweet. You can ask the creator of the tiles if you can import them into the first ROM Base I linked you to as well, get the best of both worlds. Make sure you get permission from Saurav though, I know you can use Kyledove's though.

and export the tile set, and the palette then import them into the other ROM Base

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • So, this is a hack of shiny gold?
    Weather or not it's a pretty good hack, for a beginner. ;)
    Keep progressing and you'll be fine.

Use a Rombase which you like, not chosen for you.

No, he just used a few tiles from it.

I didn't pick them for him, I merely suggested them, and put it out there, so he knows there are nice ROM Bases which are public, that he can use to save him self some stress inserting a bunch of new tilesets.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • Looking great man! If I can get some spare time I will get you a userbar or two, I have some others I will get done before yours, but I will make sure I get one or two made, so I can put one in my siggy :)

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • New screens uploaded. I'm starting to script CherryGrove now, and I'm getting good at scripting now :)

Note: Because of Ash's palette for some reason the palette for exclamation marks and the arrows leading outsite of a door a bit different, I was going to change them back to white and black but I thought they added a little originality and really said Neon with the new colours, you'll see them in the beta but I'm keeping them as they are with the new colours.

Last edited:

Kenji_Shinra

Green's Uberfan!
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2010
    I really like the idea as playing as Gary...
    Hey Zatoku if you're still looking for someone to help with plot, I'll gladly vollunteer. I should be able to have several pages of plot line each week and such. If it's good with you, you can pm me or email me the full story so far.
    my email: [email protected] (srry it's long...)

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • If you have MSN then I can talk to you there because it's probably the easiest way.

Kenji_Shinra

Green's Uberfan!
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2010
    If you have MSN then I can talk to you there because it's probably the easiest way.
    Yeah, same email, just stick it onto msn messenger. I'm a little busy right now though. Add me and leave me an im or something so I can get back to you when i can so we can chat on it.

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • Dawn may have a cameo or two and Misty will be a gym leader. I have had thoughts of Misty walking round with Ash and Brock in Kanto and May in Johto and Hoen

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 3, 2009
    It does sound like something Misty would do if Ash was nearby...

Question!

Will Team Rocket/Magma/Aqua be under a new Leadership or will Giovanni and such reappear?

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    this game sounds awesome. i would love to be a beta tester for you bud. also if you need help with the story line, im really fimilar with the show and games. so just let me know. im new the forums here. but ive been downloading from here for a while. i saw this hack and thought it would be a good reason to join the forums.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back