• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Neon

Switch to Ruby Hack? Note; 2 Rideable PKmn,Day/Night,Plantable Berries)

• Yeah

Votes: 46 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 39.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
  • Umm I think Giovani Maxie and Archie will be under a main leader, though I'm not sure who that will be, maybe Mewtwo.

I have decided to make it so May leaves the group in Hoen and Misty joins up after you beat her in her gym.

Yes! Beta Testers would be nice, I'm assuming a beta tester just checks the beta to make sure it's ready for release so yeah you may come in handy.

Question: Who should the Champion be?

I had a thought of making my own Champion to be kul but yeah

Update: Here's how the Elite 4 Will Work

There are 14 Rooms in total 12 with Elite 4 Members from around the 3 regions
    1 With a Pokecenter
    1 With the Champion

Each room will have 3 exits so you face up against random members of the elite 4's. 1 Room will have a Pokemon Center but you won't know which one until the data is leaked. The last room will have the champion in it. But before you fight the champion you fight your rival.

What do you think?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • Umm I think Giovani Maxie and Archie will be under a main leader, though I'm not sure who that will be, maybe Mewtwo.

I have decided to make it so May leaves the group in Hoen and Misty joins up after you beat her in her gym.

Yes! Beta Testers would be nice, I'm assuming a beta tester just checks the beta to make sure it's ready for release so yeah you may come in handy.

Question: Who should the Champion be?

I had a thought of making my own Champion to be kul but yeah

Update: Here's how the Elite 4 Will Work

There are 14 Rooms in total 12 with Elite 4 Members from around the 3 regions
    1 With a Pokecenter
    1 With the Champion

Each room will have 3 exits so you face up against random members of the elite 4's. 1 Room will have a Pokemon Center but you won't know which one until the data is leaked. The last room will have the champion in it. But before you fight the champion you fight your rival.

What do you think?

o.O wow I thought I was being creative. I had a very similar idea, based off or Norm's gym, but you didn't face your rival, you just faced the champion. And the poke'center was not hidden.

and there were just the elite 4 and a few trainers. In my version you went around till you found the correct door combo, if you messed up you face a trainer then the door leads back to the beginning.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 3, 2009
    Fighting the Rival right after the Champion might be hard with your expanded Elite Four challenge. Though it might not make the fight as awesome since the player would have just went through many tough challenges. So, you could go the Mt. Silver route and have the Rival, and their partners, elsewhere with pokemon far stronger than the Champions.

Though for the Elite Four a cool idea might be a double battle thing for some of them.

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • Well the Champion fight WILL be a double battle no ifs ands or buts.

I think you will have a room where your rival is aswell, not sure.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • Wow, I've been looking for something like this for quite some time. I was actually thinking about learning to script myself just to make a hack following Gary's storyline. xD You have my support. If there's ever any sprites or plot ideas that you need, I'd be happy to help. =3

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
    Years
  • Okay.

Okay, lets get this started..
    First of all, take a look at your story, I want to know what happens while we are playing through the hack, not how the player starts his adventure.
    And "in the T.V" is not a good phrase for "Manga/Series or anime"
    Your going to need to step up on your grammar aswell..

Next up, we have, mapping. your mapping is very small, plain, and bland.
    I'd hate to play through this map. It would take me 5 seconds to walk through this whole map. Perhaps even go into all the houses..

And your scripting is meaningless, they don't make me say Wow.

One good thing though is how you set out the thread. Very simple, and easy to read.

Good luck!

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • Well your statement doesn't make much sense. You're saying you can easily travel through the maps yet they seem empty? That doesn't make sense because you're implying that you want me to enlarge the map and in turn wouldn't that result in even more empty space? I'm not gonna wimp out and say zomg it's my first hackz leave me alone but as much as you're showing my faults you're not helping either. Most people who have posted here either want to help or show the hacker what's wrong and suggestions how to fix it, such as Kaylee, she supported her problem and told me how to fix it while you're just naming off faults. In game I can gaurentee my grammer is higher than others but honestly I don't care how my text comes out on a thread, I understance presentation is important but I know people would rather me finish the hack then focus on the thread. So if you intend on replying to this message than just tell me HOW to fix the problems rather than just tell me what the problems are. TYvm bye

GFS

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 14, 2009
    Well your statement doesn't make much sense. You're saying you can easily travel through the maps yet they seem empty? That doesn't make sense because you're implying that you want me to enlarge the map and in turn wouldn't that result in even more empty space? I'm not gonna wimp out and say zomg it's my first hackz leave me alone but as much as you're showing my faults you're not helping either. Most people who have posted here either want to help or show the hacker what's wrong and suggestions how to fix it, such as Kaylee, she supported her problem and told me how to fix it while you're just naming off faults. In game I can guarantee my grammar is higher than others but honestly I don't care how my text comes out on a thread, I presentation is important but I know people would rather me finish the hack then focus on the thread. So if you intend on replying to this message than just tell me HOW to fix the problems rather than just tell me what the problems are. understand Thank you very much, bye.

Hell, I hope that it is better than that sentence.
    And he was pointing out the problems.
    You obviously don't know how to map if you're asking how it can have less empty space if I enlarged it.
    Talk to Disturbed if you need help.

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • God I don't need help, I'm doing this hack for my personal benefit and help is welcome it's just how it is delivered. My computer was just also in the repair shop and I'm on a friggin laptop keyboard ffs.

If we are all done here,

News:

Team Aqua & Magma will be against eachother throughout the Johto Region but In Kanto they decide to Team up with Team Rocket.

EDIT: GFS, that's saying alot seeing as how in your thread you said not to hurt your feelings.

Last edited:

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Are there any Pre-Betas? ?????And The storyline seems soo cool!

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • Xatoku, this is looking better every time I see this thread! I am very eager to see a beta release. Any hints as to what each team will try to focus on throughout the game? Or will it be the same as the originals?

as far as the bickering goes, your maps look fine, you can always spice it up by arranging the trees in a more natrual flow, but since you are remaking maps from older games it really doesn't matter.

Lets not bash other peoples hacks, GFS's hack looks like it is doing good as well. We are all hackers doing this for fun, so lets keep it civil :)

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • Will do thanks. I wasn't bashing his thread but he had said in his thread that we were hurting his feelings which seemed kind of ironic at the time.

As for beta, maybe in a few months?

UPDATE
    I can assure you that there will be no bikes and instead a girl will be giving away her Rapidash which can't battle but loves to run, so she gives it to you as a bike.

NOTE:
    I did get the idea to put this in my hack in replace of the bike from Flame of Rage but I have had thoughts about doing it every since the Triathlon episode when Ash and friends are in camp, and one of the events is to ride their rental Pokemon.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • Will do thanks. I wasn't bashing his thread but he had said in his thread that we were hurting his feelings which seemed kind of ironic at the time.

As for beta, maybe in a few months?

UPDATE
    I can assure you that there will be no bikes and instead a girl will be giving away her Rapidash which can't battle but loves to run, so she gives it to you as a bike.

NOTE:
    I did get the idea to put this in my hack in replace of the bike from Flame of Rage but I have had thoughts about doing it every since the Triathlon episode when Ash and friends are in camp, and one of the events is to ride their rental Pokemon.

That is a very cool idea! have you thought about switching to a ruby ROM Base? You could use the acro bike for the Rapidash, and a mach bike for the actual bike, that way the Rapidash can Jump. I know your progressing through Fire Red, but it is a thought before you get too far into it.

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • Ahh I'm probably sticking with FireRed cuz I like how the tools are pretty much all firered based making it easy for newbs like me haha.

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • My spriter has now just started Rapidash, here's what he has so far.

CodeNameArtist Inc.
    Disclaimer, Do NOT Use these. These are only for this hack.
    dudewithrapidash.png

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • My spriter has now just started Rapidash, here's what he has so far.

CodeNameArtist Inc.
    Disclaimer, Do NOT Use these. These are only for this hack.
    dudewithrapidash.png

Fantastic! maybe add an anti-rip on the image and edit your post to prevent people from jacking it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back