• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon NeoRocket Thieves

Status
Not open for further replies.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    Maybee you should add diferent tilles after all a hack needs tiles.like a pill keep taking it.

Errr...thanks? I'm like a pill? Maybe i'm just slow, but i don't get it, but i guess you were saying something nice.
    About the tiles, i am using a ROM base, maybe in the future, i will get my own. But for now, i'm using one because...
    1. I can't insert tiles correctly yet (i always screw up!)
    2. Everyone at PC cares wayyyy too much about palletes and tiles, and if i even dared to post a hack with the same tiles as FR, i would get killed by n00bs!

I'm making a pretty long script...and i'm going to need to test it, maybe later today i will get to it. Just a heads up, i changed gastly, haunter, and gengar around completly! (If you don't know, they are your starters...)
    This way, the game isn't too hard at the beginning.

1. Pure ghost (said before)
    2. Movesets changed
    3. Gastly's starting move is a bit better (lick)
    4. Gastly - evolves at lv. 20 - Haunter - evolves at lv. 32 - Gengar
    5. Messed with their stats *a bit*, so they have a bit more defense, since i don't want the game to be too hard at the beginning.
    6. Ghost moves now effect normal types. Normal moves still don't effect ghost types :) (Be aware, fighting does) I did this only for the reason of putting normal pokemon at the beginning routes (e.g. Sentret, Hoothoot, Rattata, etc...)

Now, onto another thing:
    I'm going to add some new items into the game. Of coarse, i'm going to have to wait until Darthatron finishes his tool, since i know nothing about hex!

Last but not least, if you have any ideas for an event that you think would be good, PM me with it, or post it here. But, I don't want any stupid ideas (e.g. Stealing a NeoRocket grunt's lv. 100 Lugia, Getting 99 Master balls, etc...)

Updates coming soon (I hope...i've been kind of busy!)

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
    I'm making a pretty long script...and i'm going to need to test it, maybe later today i will get to it. Just a heads up, i changed gastly, haunter, and gengar around completly! (If you don't know, they are your starters...)
    This way, the game isn't too hard at the beginning.

1. Pure ghost (said before)
    2. Movesets changed
    3. Gastly's starting move is a bit better (lick)
    4. Gastly - evolves at lv. 20 - Haunter - evolves at lv. 32 - Gengar
    5. Messed with their stats *a bit*, so they have a bit more defense, since i don't want the game to be too hard at the beginning.
    6. Ghost moves now effect normal types. Normal moves still don't effect ghost types :) (Be aware, fighting does) I did this only for the reason of putting normal pokemon at the beginning routes (e.g. Sentret, Hoothoot, Rattata, etc...)

Now, onto another thing:
    I'm going to add some new items into the game. Of coarse, i'm going to have to wait until Darthatron finishes his tool, since i know nothing about hex!

Last but not least, if you have any ideas for an event that you think would be good, PM me with it, or post it here. But, I don't want any stupid ideas (e.g. Stealing a NeoRocket grunt's lv. 100 Lugia, Getting 99 Master balls, etc...)

Updates coming soon (I hope...i've been kind of busy!)

Nice news to hear, though for some reason, I wasn't expecting ghost type starters. Guess I didn't pay enough attention to the Ghastly in your banner.

Also, here's an event I was planning for my hack, though it requires much more technique with movement and givepokemon scripts than I can offer.

Spoiler:

Of course, I'm just going out on a limb here, though I think that could be a nice mini-quest for acquiring a rare pokemon/pokemon that isn't found in the wild. Feel free to use this if you want.

One more thing. Is this game going to be a hack of Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire or FR/LG

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Nice news to hear, though for some reason, I wasn't expecting ghost type starters. Guess I didn't pay enough attention to the Ghastly in your banner.

Also, here's an event I was planning for my hack, though it requires much more technique with movement and givepokemon scripts than I can offer.

Spoiler:

Of course, I'm just going out on a limb here, though I think that could be a nice mini-quest for acquiring a rare pokemon/pokemon that isn't found in the wild. Feel free to use this if you want.

One more thing. Is this game going to be a hack of Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire or FR/LG

The new tile patch he is using is for FR/LG

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Aww, that sucks. I was going to ask to join up in your group (if there was still space enough, and if I was well suited enough) but I've never even used an FR ROM. Is it extravagantly different from a Ruby/Sapphire ROM?

Well, of course the tiles look dramatically different, but the hacking is completely the same. ( Except for the scripting, that's a tad different )

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Umm... VC and JOB....*cough*
    You might want to continue that convorsation through PM.
    Lol!

Anyways,
    Lookin' good Itman!

Hope the hacking comes easy!

And,
    BOL!

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years

Spoiler:

Thanks! Not a bad idea, i will think about it...
    Fire red is the patch, i believe i said so on the first post, always check there first when looking at a hack.

The new tile patch he is using is for FR/LG
    Thanks for answering that for me!
    Aww, that sucks. I was going to ask to join up in your group (if there was still space enough, and if I was well suited enough) but I've never even used an FR ROM. Is it extravagantly different from a Ruby/Sapphire ROM?
    You can help! The only difference between Ruby and Fire Red are:
    1. Tiles look different
    2. Scripting is a bit different

Just show me some proof of your work!
    Well, of course the tiles look dramatically different, but the hacking is completely the same. ( Except for the scripting, that's a tad different )
    Thanks for answering again!
    Umm... VC and JOB....*cough*
    You might want to continue that convorsation through PM.
    Lol!

Anyways,
    Lookin' good Itman!

Hope the hacking comes easy!

And,
    BOL!
    Thanks as always!

Well, now, i'm going back to my script :)

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
    Ack! Sorry for the double post.

Just show me some proof of your work!

Thank you for allowing me to post something.

I'm kind of versatile when it comes to hacking a ROM and. While I'm not necessarily one for doing maps, I can script decently, and sprite as well.

Here is a script I've made recently. It contains a givepokemon command, a giveitem command, and a little playing around with flags. It also needs two people to be performed fully.

Code:
    #org $Hen
    checkflag 0x213
    lock
    faceplayer
    if B_true goto $Agogo
    message $startquest
    $startquest 1 = [Insert text here]
    boxset 6
    release
    setflag 0x210
    end

#org $Agogo
    checkflag 0x212
    if B_true goto $baby
    message $middlequest
    $middlequest 1 = [Insert text here]
    givepokemon 227 20 1
    message $giveskarmory
    $giveskarmory 1 = You recieved a Skarmory!
    setflag 0x212
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $baby
    message $Questend
    $Questend 1 = [insert text here]
    boxset 6
    release
    end
    and here is the second script

Code:
    #org $shin
    checkflag 0x210
    lock
    faceplayer
    if B_true goto $Silvia
    message $Sarah1
    $Sarah1 1 = [insert text]
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $Silvia
    checkflag 0x213
    if B_true goto $disgust
    message $tehshock
    $tehshock 1 = [insert text]
    giveitem 0x60
    setflag 0x213
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $disgust
    message $gross
    $gross 1 = [insert text]
    boxset 6
    release
    end
    But what I mainly do around here is spriting (mainly for new characters, though I'm working on Pokemon as well)

Here are two sprites I've recently finished drawing.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    Ack! Sorry for the double post.

Thank you for allowing me to post something.

I'm kind of versatile when it comes to hacking a ROM and. While I'm not necessarily one for doing maps, I can script decently, and sprite as well.

Here is a script I've made recently. It contains a givepokemon command, a giveitem command, and a little playing around with flags. It also needs two people to be performed fully.

Code:
    #org $Hen
    checkflag 0x213
    lock
    faceplayer
    if B_true goto $Agogo
    message $startquest
    $startquest 1 = [Insert text here]
    boxset 6
    release
    setflag 0x210
    end

#org $Agogo
    checkflag 0x212
    if B_true goto $baby
    message $middlequest
    $middlequest 1 = [Insert text here]
    givepokemon 227 20 1
    message $giveskarmory
    $giveskarmory 1 = You recieved a Skarmory!
    setflag 0x212
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $baby
    message $Questend
    $Questend 1 = [insert text here]
    boxset 6
    release
    end
    and here is the second script

Code:
    #org $shin
    checkflag 0x210
    lock
    faceplayer
    if B_true goto $Silvia
    message $Sarah1
    $Sarah1 1 = [insert text]
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $Silvia
    checkflag 0x213
    if B_true goto $disgust
    message $tehshock
    $tehshock 1 = [insert text]
    giveitem 0x60
    setflag 0x213
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $disgust
    message $gross
    $gross 1 = [insert text]
    boxset 6
    release
    end
    But what I mainly do around here is spriting (mainly for new characters, though I'm working on Pokemon as well)

Here are two sprites I've recently finished drawing.

Well, i can script fine, but i do like your sprites!
    I like the guy with the sword, and i see he is your avatar!
    I would like to have you as a spriter!

Do you know how to insert the new sprites though? If not, its fine, i will get someone to do so.

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
    Well, i can script fine, but i do like your sprites!
    I like the guy with the sword, and i see he is your avatar!
    I would like to have you as a spriter!

Do you know how to insert the new sprites though? If not, its fine, i will get someone to do so.

Thank you very much. I like the Dante one quite a lot too, especially the one below (a revision of my avatar). Also, I can place some new sprites over unused ones on a ROM with UNLZ, though I'm not sure if there's a way to insert completely new sprites into a game without overwriting a few. If there is I don't know how to.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    Thank you very much. I like the Dante one quite a lot too, especially the one below (a revision of my avatar). Also, I can place some new sprites over unused ones on a ROM with UNLZ, though I'm not sure if there's a way to insert completely new sprites into a game without overwriting a few. If there is I don't know how to.

That's what i meant! Good, your on the team :)

PM me for your first job!
    *adds it to first post*

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
    Years
    Spoiler:

I thourght I'd rate your map!
    Map seems fine....

Things I don't like:
    1. The emptyness.
    2. The little suqare indent on the cliff, its not a mistake or nothing but kinda looks weird to me.
    3. The "house" thingo on the right, im sure its meants to be like a tunnel thing, the have a tile for that. Vermilion City i'm pretty sure.
    4. No paths.
    5. The little tree's, the tile error, i no those tiles come like that, but you shouldbe able to easily block edit to fix that.

Things I Like:
    1. The creativity.
    2. It's NOT square and looks vey nice.
    3. Everythings placed good!

I cant wait to play a new beta and best of luck!​

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years

I thourght I'd rate your map!
    Map seems fine....

Things I don't like:
    1. The emptyness.
    2. The little suqare indent on the cliff, its not a mistake or nothing but kinda looks weird to me.
    3. The "house" thingo on the right, im sure its meants to be like a tunnel thing, the have a tile for that. Vermilion City i'm pretty sure.
    4. No paths.
    5. The little tree's, the tile error, i no those tiles come like that, but you shouldbe able to easily block edit to fix that.

Things I Like:
    1. The creativity.
    2. It's NOT square and looks vey nice.
    3. Everythings placed good!

I cant wait to play a new beta and best of luck!​

Thanks kebbles!

1. The left is empty because i am planning an event there, and i needed some room. So i kinda need the space there, but i'll make the rest more full.

2. I just did that for fun :) I can get rid of it!

3. Yeah, but i can't use stuff from vermillion city to this map, since i am also using parts of pewter's tiles, so that will have to do. I don't know, i thought it looked good...maybe not...

4. Paths? Honestly, paths aren't necessary to maps that much...plus, how would i fit some, i don't have very much room, unless you want a 5 tile path leading up?

5. Tile error? I don't see what's wrong with the trees...

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Yeh I dunn really like the little square thing either.
    I don't hate it tho.
    I like the little overpass thing!
    Yeah paths aren't a must-have but they kinda make it look better sometimes.
    Yeah the little tree is fine....

Over all It looks good!
    I'm hoping for the best man!
    I really have faith in you man!
    BOL!

driger369

Fortitude Creed
    Years
    The hack looks great. Oh, if you still need that staraptor sprite I have a front and back sprite for you to use. I also have the 3 starters sprites and their evolutions except for Infernape, he's really hard to do! Just PM me if you need them. This hack looks like it's really coming together, it could compete with ruby destiny if it keeps going!

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    Everyone: Good news! I'm not done yet, but i just inserted Turtwig into my game :)
    Thanks to driger369 who game me the sprite (and some more which i will put in)!
    I'm going to put in his Turtwig, Grotle, Torterra, and Starapter sprites. Then, i will put in cally dude's Starly and Staravia sprites, plus his complete starly package (includes OW, icon, etc...)
    All i inserted so far was turtwig, and i made the colors as best as i could, its not perfect, since treeko's green is different, but, its in :)
    Please don't complain...

Pokemon NeoRocket Thieves

The Front Sprite + Back Sprite (I haven't changed its name yet!)

Anyother D/P pokemon you want in, just tell me! I will consider it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back