• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition/Pokemon Conquest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • um that doesnt make sense how does a board startegy game look like a game where you capture pokemon using a stylus circling them not to say that ranger is bad it is also very good

My thoughts exactly. I don't think it's fair to judge this game negatively without having played it, honestly. That's my main problem with:

What the BEEP is narunaga (or whatever it is) I have bad feelings about the game and will not be getting it. It looks too much like pokemon ranger.

It's like you didn't even look at anything about the game to make that assumption. If you're going to toss in unnecessary negative views about something you have not tried, just keep them to yourself. That's my philosophy. It's one thing to have a "bad feeling," but it looks absolutely nothing like Pokemon Ranger.

Years
  • Oh man. I've wasted 220+ hours of my life on just Final Fantasy Tactics Advance alone, this crossover is SO right. If it's the same type of battle system as FFTA, then my life, as related to pokemon, is almost complete. Port over all gens to DS and I will never go outside again xD

I'm extremely interested in this game. Anyone play it yet?
    And btw, Nobunaga was a famous Japanese Military leader, as were most of the human characters that I've heard are in the game.

Why would Samurai + Pokemon be a good crossover? The past and present of Japan being mixed? I think I love it. I really wish it would come out in the States, but if not, maybe someone will fan-translate it, in which case I'd be willing to find that somewhere. I'm almost wanting an English translation of this as much as I want Gen III remakes.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • https://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
    The official site has updated with details that Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition is to be released in the US. This game, to be titled Pokémon Conquest is to be released in the US on June 18th. We also have the name of Bushous as Warlords and the region as Ransei.
    Cool. Hope australia also gets it sometime, as if it is not overpriced forever I would consider buying this given my experiences with it thus far.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    That's great news. While I've not had a huge amount of exposure to tactics/strategy games, getting to try Pokemon in a new genre is always interesting.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    That's great news. While I've not had a huge amount of exposure to tactics/strategy games, getting to try Pokemon in a new genre is always interesting.

I've heard a lot that this game isn't really difficult or hard to pick up, so it would probably be a great introduction into strategy games of this type, haha. Probably one of the few ones I'll be good at. xD

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013

I've heard a lot that this game isn't really difficult or hard to pick up, so it would probably be a great introduction into strategy games of this type, haha. Probably one of the few ones I'll be good at. xD

Ah, that's good. I haven't been keeping up with the news since the initial reveal, so I'm very much behind regarding info on the game. Heck, I only just realised a few days ago that the game's been out in Japan for a few weeks already, haha.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Pokémon Conquest

So Pokémon + Nobungas Ambition has been given an official release date for the U.S (and a name change to Pokémon Conquest) The game is expected to hit shores June 18th 2012, will you be picking up a copy?

Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition/Pokemon Conquest

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Did you report yourself, Suicune? @_@ lol Anyway, I'll just change the name of the existing thread in spin offs, since it's the same game, just the new localized name.

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    DEAR LORD YES.

That is such a badass name that I'm getting this game for sure when it comes out.

Also because this game has its own merits of being a tactical strategy game, which I love, and etc.

Years
  • I'm actually surprised this game is coming to the US. I'm not really sure if I'll snag a copy of it yet, but I do like the english name for it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm happy it's coming to the US. I think it'll do well here. :) Not sure if I want a copy just yet, but I'm considering it. I'm still a little wary of getting spin offs. So it might be a while after it's released before I get it.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Guess what? Now we have a US trailer for it! OMG, I cannot wait for this! I'm glad the release date is right around the corner. Should hold me over while I wait for Black 2 and White 2. :)

EDIT: We also now have English Boxart:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I was gonna write this game off, but I just saw some game play of it and it seemed a lot more interesting than I thought it would be. And hearing that it's going to be localized is great news, especially if it's going to be out in just a few months, so now I don't have to weigh the pros and cons of playing the game in Japanese.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
  • It looks incredibly entertaining. Mixing pokemon with a strategy game seems like a really fun idea. I think I'll wait for some reviews to come out, and consider getting it (assuming we get a UK release).

Oh, and Serebii says it's listed still as Pokemon and Nobunaga's Ambition in Australia. I prefer that to the English title we've been given already. And there often are differences between the titles of North American games and those released elsewhere.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Idk how I feel about this game yet....I think I will like it though it could be a bad move on Nintendo's part, but we'll see. I'm expecting mixed reviews once it's released

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Oh, and Serebii says it's listed still as Pokemon and Nobunaga's Ambition in Australia. I prefer that to the English title we've been given already. And there often are differences between the titles of North American games and those released elsewhere.

I like that name better. Conquest makes me think of the Spanish, not samurais. lol

Idk how I feel about this game yet....I think I will like it though it could be a bad move on Nintendo's part, but we'll see. I'm expecting mixed reviews once it's released

Well if it's better than Ranger, Trozei, and Dash, but less or on par with PMD, then I'd say it's a good move. Only time will tell.

Years
  • This game looks pretty cool, but I'm not sure if I'm going to like it or not. I guess I better wait until I play it to decide.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back