• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition/Pokemon Conquest

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaddogSix

Comp. Programmer/Online Gamer
Years
  • I played a lil of the Japanese version, it's pretty cool, definitely better than Ranger and pinball, and on the same level as Mystery Dungeon. Of course, if I understood what the characters were saying I'd probably have more fun!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Now, here's all the Pokemon you can get in Pokemon Conquest:

Spoiler:
    I can't stop staring at all of those moving Pokemon at once!

Does anyone else find it interesting that - apart from Zekrom/Reshiram - there's only one of each relevant legendary pair/trio?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Does anyone else find it interesting that - apart from Zekrom/Reshiram - there's only one of each relevant legendary pair/trio?

I was just about to point that out! However, there are a few trios missing (unless I just wasn't looking hard enough). I was thinking, "What an odd mix of legendaries..." lol

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • The game seems interesting, like the advance wars series. I probs will buy it when it comes out; also, do you guys know if hooh or lugia are available?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I've kinda forgotten about this game since the news of B2W2 has been churned out.. I'm not sure whether this looks like my type of game but I think I might give it a try.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I guess I'll make my mind up about the game when it eventually gets a European release date... still waiting, guys!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Does anyone else think that it's a bad idea releasing this 5 days before Black and White 2? I mean, I know it's not the English release, but a lot of people will probably be saving to import the games. Which means sales for this will go down. IMO, it's a bad move.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Does anyone else think that it's a bad idea releasing this 5 days before Black and White 2? I mean, I know it's not the English release, but a lot of people will probably be saving to import the games. Which means sales for this will go down. IMO, it's a bad move.
    I don't think Nintendo expects this to do remotely as well as any of the main series games, especially in the US/Australia where Nobunga's Ambition isn't particularly well known. The hyper-fans, if they want to, will find a way to both import the Japanese BW2 release and purchase the US Conquest release. Indeed, I imagine the importers being a very limited part of the market... but that's admittedly just speculation on my part.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2014
    Strategy RPGs and Pokemon are the two most addictive kinds of video games. Each have consumed hundreds of hours of my time. If they can pull this combo off, I can already forsee what my summer plans will be...

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2013
    looks cool. Not sure if I like it though. I hope for the best! It definitely has neat graphics.

Years
  • When I watched people play through the Japanese version, I kept thinking to myself, "That looks really fun. It's such an interesting twist on the series." So when I found out that it was announced for release in the US, I was very excited. I can't wait to play it. :3

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • Glad others find this neat. I am an avid strategist, but I don't know. Me, on the other hand, thinks this is a shaky move. I like the idea of Pokémon getting a little darker, but strategy too? This is something that will make me go "hmm..." until US release.

Anyway, the Groudon emperor guy looks pretty cool.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2012
    Pokemon Conquest

So Pokemon Conquest will be releasing in North America pretty soon do you think it's worth buying?

The Legend of Zorra

La Leyenda de la Zorra
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2013
    I've gotta say, I don't normally go all out and buy games like this first day ... but the premise of the game is irresistible. Not to mention the fact that GameStop has a bonus for those who pre-order (five extras), which might just seal the deal for me. All the reviews I've heard (not many) seem fairly positive (with NP giving it a 9.0 out of 10).

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • So, this came out in the US today. Anyone picked up a copy? I'd be really interested to hear people's thoughts on it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back