• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition/Pokemon Conquest

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
  • I went to Gamestop today, they said they wouldn't have it until tomorrow or the next day.

Lame. I wanted to conquer the Earth with pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    So, this came out in the US today. Anyone picked up a copy? I'd be really interested to hear people's thoughts on it.

I went to Gamestop today, they said they wouldn't have it until tomorrow or the next day.

Lame. I wanted to conquer the Earth with pokemon.

I don't think any stores have it. I went to 15 different stores after work and all of them have them dated to release tomorrow like normal games.

King!

better
    Years
  • Yeah, I went for it today all prepared and everything and no luck ._. I'll have to go back tomorow and pick it up :\

shinx12345

Aquilla
    Years
  • After completing it I can assure you, if you enjoy fire emblem or advance wars, this is a little different. It doesn't have the same 'vibe',. Nevertheless, it is a good game, but being set in Japan and not having Ho-oh seems a wasted opportunity. Let me know what the story is like, Obviously I understood very little of it when I was Playing.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
    Years
  • It's really troll how everywhere said it gets released today, but now they all say tomorrow. I wouldn't be mad if it was announced, but I hate how Gamestop tries to take no fault at all by saying "No it was 19th all along."

I would play my JP version some more, but I'd rather wait so I can actually understand everything.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    It's really troll how everywhere said it gets released today, but now they all say tomorrow. I wouldn't be mad if it was announced, but I hate how Gamestop tries to take no fault at all by saying "No it was 19th all along."

I would play my JP version some more, but I'd rather wait so I can actually understand everything.

Gamestop really isn't at fault. Nintendo tells the stores when to release games and Nintendo is the one that said it would be released on the 18th, though anyone that works in a gamestore knows that games are only released on Sundays(Nintendo only, usually a Mario Game some odd cases Pokemon((Though B/W Locally was still released Tuesday so even the official release dates are wrong for where I live))) and Tuesdays.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
    Years
  • Still, there were a bunch of angry people all around my area today. They could've at least said "It was pushed back."

Don't tell me two days before "Oh it comes out Monday" then in Monday say "Oh it was Tuesday all along, who told you Monday?"

|:

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    We didn't know (at Toys R Us) either until we got our shipment in today. It was street dated 6/19/2012. We couldn't sell any either.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I think the date that was given was the shipping date from what I heard which may explain the delay.

I may get it if it's not too expensive. I have played a bit of the Japanese version though and from what I tried it was decent. Of course won't be for a while; australia gets it a while later and I'll be too busy to play a new game next week.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • When I got my copy of Conquest today at noon, they had to get the box from the back room and cut open the box. Clearly, I am the only person in town interested in this game.

Lego Batman 2 has a poster in the window, but Pokemon Spin-Off does not? (Lego Batman 2 has the same release date.)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • W00t; finally Pokemon Conquest is out (although a shame that there were slight problems with the release dates)! I'm considering getting it as I've been interested in it for a while, although there are quite a few Wii, DS, and 3DS games I was hoping to get as well... (not to mention that I'm trying to get a DS Lite soon >.>)

After completing it I can assure you, if you enjoy fire emblem or advance wars, this is a little different. It doesn't have the same 'vibe',. Nevertheless, it is a good game, but being set in Japan and not having Ho-oh seems a wasted opportunity. Let me know what the story is like, Obviously I understood very little of it when I was Playing.

Ho-oh isn't in there? Um, wow... I would think that would lend more to Ransei's "myths and legends" than a genetically-made Pokemon like Mewtwo. XD

Still, there were a bunch of angry people all around my area today. They could've at least said "It was pushed back."

Don't tell me two days before "Oh it comes out Monday" then in Monday say "Oh it was Tuesday all along, who told you Monday?"

|:

Oh wow. :<

When I got my copy of Conquest today at noon, they had to get the box from the back room and cut open the box. Clearly, I am the only person in town interested in this game.

Lego Batman 2 has a poster in the window, but Pokemon Spin-Off does not? (Lego Batman 2 has the same release date.)

:cer_laugh: They didn't even have it on shelves? XD I hope more interest in the game gets generated, though...

And wha..? :o The Lego videogame series seems to do well on its own, but Pokemon Conquest should at least get a poster too, especially since the 2nd game series involved in the crossover is a bit obscure in some parts of the world...

Years
  • This game is going to be the end of my sanity.

I'm WAY too paranoid over missing things, I just wasted a bunch of time trying to level up for the Fighting...Kingdom?, but I didn't know I could go to the other two, and there are some events that require you to beat the game before the fourth year and I have think I have to restart, but I don't know if I can get the Motonori/Motochika DLC again and AAAAAAAARGH.

...yet I like it.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Conquest didn't really get any publicity. You had to know it existed to be able to find it, otherwise you just don't know its out. Had a couple people ask me what Pokemon Conquest was because they had never heard of it.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I really want to play this game. But I can't BECAUSE ENGLAND. ): It looks really good too! ): Roms don't work either because of the piracy. So I'll have to wait until it's cracked.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I spent forever trying to find out how to Link new pokemon. NOWHERE in the manual does it say to just wait until it tell you you can link, because you can't link till then. Wasted a lot of time there.

Since then I found Perfect Links for 2 of my lesser Warriors. A Pichu and a Carnivine.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I really want to play this game. But I can't BECAUSE ENGLAND. ): It looks really good too! ): Roms don't work either because of the piracy. So I'll have to wait until it's cracked.
    Search harder ;) That's all I can say. And the fact that ROM does work because I've found it yesterday.
    Of course posting links to ROMs is strictly forbidden so I may not post link but you can surely find it ;)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Lmao as soon as I posted that I heard there was a patch. Didn't work on my R4 but works on no$gba (pls dont pm asking) I just hope the stylus isn't needed because I hate using the mouse. >:

Years
  • I spent forever trying to find out how to Link new pokemon. NOWHERE in the manual does it say to just wait until it tell you you can link, because you can't link till then. Wasted a lot of time there.

Since then I found Perfect Links for 2 of my lesser Warriors. A Pichu and a Carnivine.

This is probably the one real complaint I have about this game so far- it doesn't explain things all that well, although at the same time I'm glad it didn't load the first battles with tutorials. I spent the longest time trying to figure out how to switch warriors- I recall that there was a very brief tutorial type thing telling me about it, but not once was "March" ever mentioned and I spent at least five minutes going through menus trying to figure it out.

I'm also wondering why it waits so long to let you link with Pokemon- by the time it tell s you how to do it, you've already taken down 5-7 of the other...countries? Kingdom?, yet there's only 17, so unless it pulls an unexpected PLOT TWIST to prolong things, it doesn't seem like you'd have all that long to even have to worry about it.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • You link with Pokemon after after beating the Fire, Grass, Water, and Electric Nations. I consider Fire/Water/Grass to be the game's tutorial mode. So, introducing linking after defeating the Third nation would be better than after the Fourth.

Honestly the game is pretty easy to understand. But catching Pokemon is a big part of the franchise, so they should have told me in the instruction book that i actually read, "Hold your horse the catching part comes latter."

LOVE the game so far by the way. If you didn't notice from my sig.

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
    Years
  • I went in to pick it up on the 18th, because that's when I thought it was out. I preordered it a couple weeks ago, and had been waiting patiently, so I was pretty disappointed. But after picking it up, I was amazed at how great a game it was. I've taken down several nations, and was able to get a perfect link Carnivine with one of my warriors. This game is so addicting. o.o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back