• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON ON THE XBOX 360 AND PS3

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
Years
  • I wouldn't like the fact that Pokemon would be on Xbox/PS3, because of the fact that you can't take it portably. I've spent so much time on my DS on Pokemon in the car, it's untrue.

Years
  • im sure if they made a game for 360/ps3 or pc they would still have a handheld version of it on the ds and if its on the ps3 already probally on the psp too so you wouldnt have to worry and im sure it wouldnt ruin it cause its not all handheld like on the snes they have the super gameboy and you can play original pokemon games on your tv and that was amazing

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I wouldn't like the fact that Pokemon would be on Xbox/PS3, because of the fact that you can't take it portably. I've spent so much time on my DS on Pokemon in the car, it's untrue.
    I agree with this. But wasn't Pokemon also made for the Gamecube/Wii, which are also non-portable game consoles?

Anyway, as for my own opinion, I wouldn't like Pokemon to be on Xbox/PS3 because it's more affiliated with Nintendo than Microsoft or Sony (more people are familiar with Nintendo + Pokemon than Microsoft/Sony + Pokemon).

Years
  • Well sweetie, how would it be better on 360/PC/PS3?

im not trying to say it will be better im just trying to say it would be cool the only thing im saying that would be better is the online play cause ps3 and 360 have better online then the wii and i just think it would be cool to put a normal pokemon game on a console cause nintendo has never even done it like only pokemon stadium and stuff like that no console versions of the handheld version

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • the graphics dont matter at all to me really if they mad a game for 360/ps3 or pc i just said it would be nice if they were a lil better its all about the gameplay to me

The poor grammar hurts my grey matter.

And making the game for a different console won't change gameplay in the slightest.

im not trying to say it will be better im just trying to say it would be cool the only thing im saying that would be better is the online play cause ps3 and 360 have better online then the wii and i just think it would be cool to put a normal pokemon game on a console cause nintendo has never even done it like only pokemon stadium and stuff like that no console versions of the handheld version

Gameplay != Online gameplay

And how exactly would being able to trade Pikachus with a foul-mouthed prepubescent over XBox Live enhance the experience?

The games as they are work perfectly. When I think of Pokemon I don't think of an epic, open-ended adventure played on a 50" widescreen, I think of a little game that I can hold in my hands and bring with me wherever I go. And that's exactly how I feel it should be.

Years
  • Pokemon took off because it was a great concept and portable. You introduce a console to that and part of its charm goes away.

Even if it was brought out, I wouldn't buy it. I like Pokemon on a handheld.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I honestly don't see how Pokemon could be improved if you put it on the Xbox 360/PS3. I mean the graphics Nintendo use for Pokemon are really good and suit the game, the gameplay is great, and online is good as well, and just getting better with B/W. Nothing could really be improved by putting it on those consoles.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • Pokémon as a series on Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 isn't something anyone can realistically expect, however, I personally would like to see Pokémon do well on the next Nintendo home console.

Battle Revolution, for example. In concept, it is a great idea. However, the graphics are reused from Nintendo 64, the online system is tacked on and badly implemented, and there is very, very little content.

Assuming the next Wii has online capabilities at least equal to those of the 360 or Ps3, we might finally be able to have a Pokémon game with an intricate online system, with features for setting rules, adding friends, playing in a party, and so forth.

Also assuming the graphics of the next Wii at least match those of the 360, we'll finally be able to see Pokémon rendered in half-decent 3D. To those saying OP may be a child who only cares about graphics (kind of a strawman and generalisation in calling him a child, but I digress), that may well be true. However, graphics are still an integral part of gaming. Not the most important part, but nice graphics are nice.
    Pokémon on handhelds has reasonably nice graphics. I'm a huge fan of pixel art over 3D when applicable, but that doesn't mean Pokémon couldn't hold its own in 3D. It's had a poor run so far, but that's because of the technical limitations of the Wii and prior to that the Gamecube.
    To see Pokémon rendered in beautiful, well-made 3D is something I very much look forward to, should it ever happen.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I honestly can't see Pokemon being on any other system besides Nintendo... I think Pokemon would lose its touch if that happen. Nintendo Wii or DS can handle the graphics and gameplay just fine for Pokemon. If Pokemon was for PS3 we see the upper advancements like improved battles, online service, download content? It'll just be a mess in my opinion... Pokemon is good for Nintendo. PERIOD! ; )

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well Pokémon is a second party nintendo game anyway.

To me, it's like seeing Mario shooting a Zombies head off on XBOX 360.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I like your idea it could in fact be awesome, but your idea could go in a different way, why not make the next nintendo counsle be as powerful as the ps3 of xbox 360 ,

xMiZx

Lazy Battler
    Years
  • Lol...the convos from here.

Imo, its a great concept to look forward to. Granted the MMO of Pokemon would lose its originality. It's like playing Super Mario Bros. 3 with a Rock Band guitar: Would be awesome, but can't work.

Graphically, it would be hard to put the charm of Mudkip or the realism of Tyranitar into either 3D or in hyper 8-bit (Scott Pilgrim). Doable, but because the concept of Pokemon is "pocket monsters" it won't happen. Your best bet is another Pkmn Stadium.

That does go without saying that it won't happen. Just not on the 360/PS3. Seeing that the successor of the Wii is on the verge of development, maybe they would port a better Pokemon Stadium than the last one (yes, a lot could have been better on PBR).

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm sorry, but what's the big deal about it not being hand held? It's not like the would stop making it for the DS, we would still have our portable games but their would be one on a console to.

As for it being on a Xbox/PS that's dumb, keep it on the Wii, but the idea for the game is great imo. I don't see how it would hurt. Something along the lines of.

You start off in Kanto, create your trainer...from head to toe. Age, sex, height, weight, trainer type, hair color, etc etc. Then you can either create your rival, or just have it be Gary. Pick your starter and go through the game just R/B. But in 3D. Pokemon are roaming around, kinda like this, but obviously much more polished. There are NPC controlled trainers roaming around that you can go up and challenge, the original gym leaders are obviously their.

Once acquiring your 8 badges you enter a Pokemon Leauge tournament, and if you win you get to battle the Elite Four. If you lose, keep training and enter the next one.

After a few months, the next region comes out and you can either transfer your old team over, or start fresh. If you choose to transfer, their will obviously be level scaling. And then the process repeats.

Add in online capabilities, with tournaments, contest battles, trading rooms, maybe even the ability to transfer your Pokemon from DS to Wii so those who want to train while on long car rides can still do that.

I'm no game dev, so this obviously isn't as great as an idea as there can be, but hopefully you get the jist of it. Hopefully they do something like this eventually. I remember back when I was playing blue when I was 10 years old I was hoping there would be something like this for the N64, then GC, and now Wii. Maybe next gen....hopefully.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    well you ever think the pokemon could be cell shaded to make it look like the anime. And if nintendo put in the effort in the graphics as square enix does in final fantasy we can have something great. Make the battles real time, imagine pokemon snap ecounters and enviroments with normal pokemon gameplay(battleing and capturing)

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • The Pokemon Company has said they aren't ever going to release a game on a non-nintendo console.

it was in one of their magazines (which i payed way to much for).

Back