• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON ON THE XBOX 360 AND PS3

Years
  • Well buddy, i'm a Nintendo fan boy, and i'm sure a lot of people here are too, but i'm going to pass on telling you that this would never happen, and that it's a stupid idea, like people have been saying on this thread. It sounds like an okay idea but I've never liked the 3d Pokemon games. The battles on the 3d systems seem tedious, but i'm sure the music would be great. Plus, as someone said up there ^^^ it would take away the charm of being portable. (sorry guys, i'm too lazy to quote)

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Realistically, It will not happen. I understand that this may not have been the response you were looking for, 90sYouth, but it was determined a while back that Pokemon in the hands of Sony/Microsoft would be stupid, in that it's one of Nintendo's big properties, and that selling it off to someone else wouldn't result in a better game than if it stayed where it was.

My biggest idea for a non-(3)DS/Wii(HD) Pokemon game at this point is expanding the Dream World to include player-to-player interaction. From what I understand, there's none of that yet.

And hey now, I actually like Pokemon's graphics. :P There's a charm to them.

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Pokemon Master.
    Years
  • Wii and DS have a pretty good graphic so far as I can see it for myself. Plus, theres 3DS. Which it'll replace DS (MAYBE). Who knows, Wii might be getting a New one too like DS.

So I don't think Pokemon would appear on any other trademark accept Nintendo.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • This would be a nice idea but since they are not made by nintendo it would prob never happen because if you notice only the nintedo made game systems have ever made pokemon games.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • Pokémon on the XBOX and PlayStation? I don't like this idea at all.
    Better graphics don't matter to me, I like those sprites and other pixel things that they use in handheld games and I don't play 3D Pokémon games other than Snap.
    And I think those platforms don't deserve to have game like Pokémon, if it weren't Nintendo, there weren't anything like this. (They could've planned it for other consoles but would they accept game like this and what kind of changes they would want) I don't even know games like this on XBOX and PlayStation, or games like Mario (there's many platform games on PS but they aren't good enough for me). Only thing I know people are playing with their XBOX or PS are FPS games, those who don't like them has Nintendo console, at least here where I live. Every XBOX or PS console owner here has wargames and plays those all days long.

I think that's all, and that's just my opinion, you have your own don't take my comment badly.

Years
  • So...much...negative...feedback...

I'll just say my final answer.

Probably not. Can you imagine battling those nerdy/foul teenagers no offence guys online, using a headset?

Plus, Pokemon isn't a graphics game. Not that much, but it would just ruin the experience.

So yeah, big no-no.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Well, it would have better graphics, but that doesn't really matter to me, I'm happy with the DS graphics. I much prefer a game with good gameplay and story than a game that focuses on graphics. I wouldn't mind if a Pokémon game was released for XBOX360 or Playstation but I don't see it happening since Pokémon has always been on Nintendo consoles.

Guren

Troll
    Years
  • I'd think that a Pokémon game like Colosseum or XD would be rather awesome on a PS3 or 360. There's a lot of room for improvement and more powerful graphics, as well as an epic plot. 'Better' graphics might not suit the series, but it would be interesting to see..

Delphinus

Auxiliary bro
    Years
  • If it was on PS360 it probably wouldn't be made by the same guys. So yeah thats a big no.

The game just feels better on a handheld too.

Last edited:

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    the one thing i would really like is to be able to play from kanto,johto,hoenn,sinnoh and isshu/unova, and be able to get all the badges from each region, maybe after you get past a region something terrible happens like team rocket stealing your pokemon or using some items to make your pokemon weak so you have to train then all over, yes i know it would get annoying but also fun in a way i think. some online coop-ness would be nice as well.

Back