• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    It`s still looking good. Do you have a rough date to release the full version?

full version well that depends on how well the demo goes but after i do all that stuff i said. then it will be released but i have exams comming up which i need to study for so that will halt me for about 3 weeks around xmas time or earlie next year for a ful lworking version

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    ... I bags using Mewtwo, Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos, Blastoise and Charizard... can I be an officer?

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    ... I bags using Mewtwo, Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos, Blastoise and Charizard... can I be an officer?

Not all the pokmon will feature in the demo only a select few and there evolutions of course.

well the battle system is done in reguards to all the calculations etc. in other words the system works.
    Just hold in mind when u play the demo that it is incomplete.
    no gfx have been added although they are not hard to add.
    so there are no pokemon pictures etc for the battle system but everything apart from that works so really we will just be focusing on tidying it up and looking pretty for the final release.
    Please note items wont feature in this release.

so after this demo i will fix all the bugs and then start back to work finishing it up. after that adapt it to wild pokemon battles should be hard as everything is done similar to pvp battles but with a bit of AI and a lot less server client communication which has just been upgraded to hopefully provide a quicker and safer delivery of all informtion.

So what have i done today. more bug fixes and completion of the battlesystems inner workings. im now just adding pokemon data to the game. which will deduce which pokemon u get to start of with and it will be random.

~Blacksp

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    The best trainers can show off how good they are by winning with normal pokemon.
    To be honest i dont like the legendaries they arnt that good.
    and beacasue you get them at lvl 50 they havent been trained therefore have no ev values assigned, well thats in the GBA games.
    Legendaris will be won/catch through torney ments etc or if you are lucky enough to Come across one in the wild.

theotherfreakyguy

aka Satan
    Years
    I agree. I have an awesome mew, but only because I got it at level 3 and raised to 72, with the EV's. I also used TMs to teach it good moves, but not just those strong ones, stragetic moves.
    Edit: *rereads* Wait, I can't have a Mew? Why? Is the learn all moves thing too unbalancing or something?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    ... I see legendaries as graceful and classy... maybe they won't be so good if they aren't as rare XD! Well, sign me up for a Squirtle...

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    How do I get to it? When I try to open it on your webstie, it gives hte 404 message.

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
    it may be available on monday, that was just an idea which was going around us at PTOA. The TEST will take place on TUESDAY though.

THIS IS A MINIMAL, BATTLE SYSTEM TEST

It will NOT have any fancy graphics (battle system or GUI)
    You will NOT be able to do a wild battle
    There will be only one map and you wont be able to do anything except battle PVP

if that crushed your hopes, i'm sorry, but if you are expecting an excelent game on tuesday, do not play the alpha battle system test. We only want this as a test, we dont want people to think "this sucks, im not even gonna bother with this game anymore", it is a while away from completion, so this is in no way going to show what the completed game will look like.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    Yeah. We understand. We would be happy to stick with this, I mean, if you stuck with the programing for so long! Well, is the thing going to be playable on Monday or Tuesday?

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    Ok, I understand about you guys wanting it to be perfect before you release it so people wont get discouraged with it, but what I think youre not understanding is that if you have train pokemon + battle pokemon in your game people will love it because the community has been waiting for ANYTHING close to a real mmorpg for almost 10 years now. Netbattle started out HORRIBLY, most of the moves werent implemented, it was chuck full of bugs, and the graphics sucked. Guess what though, nobody cared why? Because we didnt have any other battle simulators for g/s/c and people just wanted to play. The only way youre gonna get people discouraged with playing is if you make them wait too long, the things youre worried about most of the kids here wont even notice. You do realize that %90 of the people playing this are gonna be kids right? No matter what you do they WILL apply there imaginations to it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    Yup. I am only 14 though. Good imagination but still waiting. I'm keeping myself content by imagining how much work and coding is needed XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back