• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
    I'm just saying that if you dont want to be put off this game, dont play this test. There will be a few more before we release, so possibly play one of them. But we dont want to discourage anyone because they can only play on one map, only battle with their single randomly chosen pokemon and there is no graphics (in battle) or pokemony GUI.

Also, I think both black and me missed this...
    I agree. I have an awesome mew, but only because I got it at level 3 and raised to 72, with the EV's. I also used TMs to teach it good moves, but not just those strong ones, stragetic moves.
    Edit: *rereads* Wait, I can't have a Mew? Why? Is the learn all moves thing too unbalancing or something?

No, you can get a Mew in the full game, but not the demo, only a few pokemon and their evolutions. Mews along with the other legendarys will be given away and possibly caught (if you happen to be in the right place at the right time)

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    Still having problems with the server i wil lkeep u posted

EDIT 5 mins late ri got the server working

ha who saw this coming,
    i have extended the deadline untill firday/sat/sunday one of those days
    for 2 reasons
    when i was optimizing the code i must have accidentally done something that stoped you from creating new accounts
    and i also have done somehting along the sub checkmovementprosses or one of its subroutines
    easily fixed onc ei find where the problem is hopefully i can get it ready for testing

ont no if i osted this but the battle system is working

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    I saw it... it was pretty obvious as it happens to all good things! I mean look at the XBox 360 XD! A whole year late!

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
    Well, if we did release it, you would sign up and then try to login and it would tell you that your account doesnt exist... so it would be pretty stupid to release the test like this

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    Lol! I wasn't saying you should still release it. I am still willing to wait...

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    Sorry, I just forgot. Are you going to like have a pre-loader animation or something?

serpenter

Eternal Inferno
    Years
    you say your not adding the other pokemon in, but couldent their be like special events, like catching delibirds on christmas or somthing, like one day only sort of things...

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    you say your not adding the other pokemon in, but couldent their be like special events, like catching delibirds on christmas or somthing, like one day only sort of things...

Yes of course there will be special events but maybey later on in the games life probably a few months before we release another region or somthing

the problem with add new pokemon itsd just not as easy as throwing another one in
    thats why were only doing the first 150 for now
    you have to set all the base stats and the moves it can learn and at what lvl it can learn them at when it evovles and which of its moves has an effect

its alot of slow typing work

but any way i fixed the problem on both bugs

cant belive i actually made the bugs but sure
    I missed the number one rule in industry standard programming
    Which most engines dont use beacause its impossable to add into engines
    Causeing some bigger games mad eon things like the rpg series to lag

there is a charater limit to all procudures which i adde dinto it to make sure that we can have the maxium ppl on with the least ammount of lag on the clients and the server

other wise we might be limited to 1 000 - 2 000 people which wouldn't be good
    did a quick calculation on the server we should be able to fit safetly around 6 000 -7 000 people assuming everyones on dial up (pick the worst situation u see) if everyones on broadband or higher we will be able to fit more but 7 000 is decent number

Years
    So you fixed two of the bugs, does this mean the beta/demo, thingy, will be released a little earlier?

Just out of curiosity xD

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
    Country: New Zealand. It is in the top part of all my posts and also if you can link blksprts one to NZ his does too

Time Zone: NZDT or GMT+1200 if that helps

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back