• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    will pokemon online be free?

Yes. We started out with the aim of having it free.

yes
    if they were to charge, nintendo would sue their butts right off

Have to find us first. Jokes.

Exactly, but renting apartments will cost cash to pay for the server

Not quite the idea we were tossing around. Apartments will be free there just instanced objects. We were thinking about over world house being available for rent.

thats different than paying to play - thats paying for premium. you can still pay the game without the apartment

btw, wats the advantage of having one?

Apartments was not the correct wording, so I'll just discuss the intended focus.

Apartments are free (except for in game money), and are able to be accessed at its appropriate building by entering the elevator. from there you can search for rooms, visit favorite rooms or go to your own rooms if any. rooms can be locked, password protected or open to all.

Over world houses are actually visible on the map, and have the same locked, password, or open settings.

Both types of rooms are fully customizable on the inside.

as far is know blacksprite wants to keep the game free
    so the appartments will be free too i guess

adn an advantage of an appartment would be you could hold party's and everything there and sleep there of course and decorate it and things like that i think

Pretty much has to do with the social side of Pokemon TOA. But its a role playing game, so really its create your own character back story and life.

Why does he need appartment lol.... a PC,high speed net connection and a UPS is enuf to run the server :P

I already have an apartment but thanks anyway. Oh yea and this is all free... a PC,high speed net connection and a UPS *about now i should stick something in *'s to show that an action has been preformed or to just say *"Sarcasm"** ... *No really sarcasm is the lowest form of wit so i'll just stick with...*

The upkeep of the server and net connect that would be required by the server wouldn't be on the cheap side.

we are talking about in game appartments XD

but you did make me laugh with your post XD

Yea, lucky for me I have a life that doesn't depend on the non existent income of PTOA.
    actually should have another game created by the end of the year, I'm not sure whats the deal releasing it to the public. And another one in two and a half years.

From what I can assume, it is like Red's room, you can decorate it with stuffed pokemon and trophies and other stuff, and I guess you can brag to your friends with it

Keeping the game free would get expensive with server costs, it would just be a little fee for apartments

Indeed.
    We are also looking at other forms of income to offset this.
    Advertising and what not.

yes you're probably right on that point considering all the costs
    still it would be cool if the could keep it free

I do plan to keep it entirely free.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2008
    LoL of Me...But this game is really going great.... btw does anyone have any idea why pokemon crater and pokemon Online [ POL] Got closed...is it something to do with nintendo?

indashadow

PokeMaster
    Years
    LoL of Me...But this game is really going great.... btw does anyone have any idea why pokemon crater and pokemon Online [ POL] Got closed...is it something to do with nintendo?
    ummm i know why crater closed but not (POL)crater closed cause of aaron guy who created crater he closed it cause he finished college so im guessing he looking for a job or hes working and does not have time anymore for crater so he closed

felinoel

The Airbending Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 21, 2010
    Apartments was not the correct wording, so I'll just discuss the intended focus.

Apartments are free (except for in game money), and are able to be accessed at its appropriate building by entering the elevator. from there you can search for rooms, visit favorite rooms or go to your own rooms if any. rooms can be locked, password protected or open to all.

Over world houses are actually visible on the map, and have the same locked, password, or open settings.

Both types of rooms are fully customizable on the inside.

Pretty much has to do with the social side of Pokemon TOA. But its a role playing game, so really its create your own character back story and life.
    Ah I see, when I said apartment I did mean over world houses because I did not know there would be both and since you would be paying a monthly rent (if I remember correctly) I called it that

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    Ah I see, when I said apartment I did mean over world houses because I did not know there would be both and since you would be paying a monthly rent (if I remember correctly) I called it that

Indeed i was thinking of both, but really it all depends on the cost of upkeep and the amount generated by other incomes. If its not a huge running cost i'll just pay for it myself.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    that would be very generous of you.if you are required to do that, we all thank you for your sacrifice.
    however, hopefully it won't come to that, and people who are playing will help to support it.
    like i will once i get a job

felinoel

Years
    • Age 36
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 21, 2010
    really? we know that?
    if so, thats awesome
    Yes its been said a few times already, in fact it apparently should have been done by now but the programmer ran into difficulties when he upgraded to Vista with the language he was coding with so he has to recode it entirely

ryanycg

I have a kakuna staring at me
    Years
    LOL dont u think that theres 2 many posts for blacksprite 2 ans like
    in the 4th page.
    theres something i like about ur team of hackers or juz u...u r all so hardworking 2 make it come 2 life u should deserve a good rest.
    By the way good luck:)

felinoel

Years
    • Age 36
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 21, 2010
    LOL dont u think that theres 2 many posts for blacksprite 2 ans like
    in the 4th page.
    theres something i like about ur team of hackers or juz u...u r all so hardworking 2 make it come 2 life u should deserve a good rest.
    By the way good luck:)
    They have said many times, they are not hacking anything, they are just coding

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    Coding ... Hacking.

Interchangeable. :laugh:

Yea Were pretty lucky.
    Friday night is rest night. \ Saturday morning.

The rest is working.

Cant remember if i mentioned this.
    But we have a few new people on the team in all areas. And Lots of ppl that have contributed as well. All will be in the credits of course.
    Also a couple of new programmers who live nearly right next door. so thats a bonus for those late nights.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back