• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
Years
  • Make it a static... dynamic is not good...

yes i realized this
    its a long stroy all to do with isp's and how anoying they can be waiting for 1:30 on the phone with my ear getting hot untill i finnaly get throught and the change it back to a static in about 3 seconds

well battle system is looking nice, i just have to finish putting i nthe hundreds of diffrent combinations of weakness and resistance

Update:
    ooh nearly did a double post (heaven forbid)

just finished fixing / putting together the crumbled mess that was the change pokemon tcp
    turns out i didn't write any of the code to handle the change pokemon data (whoops)
    the server was reciving the data afetr all it was just discarding it as vast amounts of random data for a hacking atempt
    which i was then added to the ban list (slowed me down a bit before i realized)
    well thats fixed so whats left to do
    :paranoid:
    yes the paranoid smilie fits it quite nicely
    quitre a bit left to do about 1 hour each small tasks really there not big
    so thats how many tasks
    hmm (later that day)
    ...13 (edit found 2 more -_-) .. 16
    should have paid more sttention in primary school eh?
    Check our forum to see what exactly needs to be done

dont worry thats only what 26hrs 3 days max
    and we will have a finished shell of a battle system
    well it will work with prob a few bugs
    which i hope wil lbe easie to solve, (its probably my bad spelling thaty will catch me out can be quite anoying if you use the wrong variable)
    after that i just have to
    add in animations, move effects etc

Can someone find me move animatiosn i really cant be bothered finding them all omg its such a big task?

after that i just have to figure out how directx is going to blit it (*draw it on a screen)
    hmmm i might have to make the entire bacround part of the blt, oh dear time to talk to some friends. (google)

alright thats me

forever greatful
    ~blacksprite

Edit #2
    wow im on a roll tonight i would apear i work better caffine filled at 11:10pm
    Compileing the server for initial battle system tests
    once done i will contact the dev team to come and test it :D
    im so excited
    fingers crossed
    if all goes well i will finish the battle system within the week
    and will make a random grassy map for you guys to logg on and battle each other

hmm it apears i seem to spell email enail so i have to change all those to email or it will keep not understanding me lol

~blacksp

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    Wow... that's alot. So... is the bit about the data being discarded... was that why we couldn't download it?

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • No that was to do with the server
    the Game is not finished and i havent posted a downlaod link i apoigise if i have misslead u into beliving there was a download avaliable

Server Sucseesfully complete 11:31pm
    now onto the client

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    ... Any idea when it will be ready for your most devoted beta tester (yours truly) to test?

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • ... Any idea when it will be ready for your most devoted beta tester (yours truly) to test?

I Belive whitesprte isready to test.. oh you mean you jokes
    hows this friday sound or sooner most likely not sooner so friday?

Waring this wont be much
    this will just be the collective work from the last 8 months
    i cant be bothered removing anything that u guys my find incomplete so bare with me. also this wont be a functional map, only ablank map to test out the battle system, basically u can battle each other.

warnng the battle system doesnt look good yet, it works but doesnt have animations or a nice interface

Also im looking for somone to design and make a complete Gfx interface form the main menu right through, has to look similar to each othe rof course and has to have that pokemon feel, if ur interested PM me and i will make a whats required post to you, this includes making some deign layouts for the dev team to look at

also u will be come a full fledge member of the dev team

well im about 75% through debuging the client and its 12:23am
    im going to bed i will finish it when i get up tomorrow, which will most likely be around 12 noon at this rate

edit i am also thinking of realeasing our layout of the first route
    i want your opions to ether we keep it the same as in the original game or make it longer with side paths etc.
    but i am still going to add the new towns

Years
  • 0.o this game is really coming around, i thought it wouldnt be out till late November or something... xD ehehe... Well good luck on finishing it!!

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • Hey hey hey wait a minuite i want ppl to read read my post i htink u guys missed something

for the question will the b attle system feature
    i mentioned it in my post
    were i put all the warnings for thigs
    It wil feature but it has no fancy dancy pictures which will turn u guys off it
    and then u will say oh its dumb it desnt even have pictures,
    but u wanted a release so here it is

it wont look good as id no GUI
    it will in the future this is just to test out what ive doen so far

EDIT

Trainer Card Finished. well basically it shows were name how many pokemon there pokedex number etc
    soon it will have how many pvp battles won

but i'll add that in later
    again dont be expecting some flash looking game. i told you its not finished but its whats o nthe iside that counts. about to give the battle system my first test when white gets a hold of a copy of the game.
    still adding features as i go it will need tidying before the final release.

it has been decided by the dev team to only put the basics in the finnal release. even tho thats still alot.
    so the guild and everythings alreadyin thats been there for awhile so u cna join team rocket.
    but were just going to make the original pokemon story line first then add heaps of stuff in in later releases. ie player: houseing boats farms factorys stall shops plus more.

hmm im moving the "PTOA demo lite" to tuesday as that is when the inetrnet on the server will be full functional. at the moment we have dial up speeds but tuesday the 10th will bring its back up to resonable speeds

thx
    ~blacksp

Last edited:

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
  • Hey, if you don't like the current version and want to come up with a better demo, DO extend the deadline. I think a lot of people here are willing to wait that bit longer for more quality... ;)

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    Yes! I am willing to wait a bit longer but what will the storyline be? How will you fit the storyline in? What will you need to be able to be a gym leader? How many will there be? What regions will be in the game?

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • i don't see why a storyline and all that would be necessary. i mean, consider the fact that people will have their own regions and housing and such. why would a storyline be necessary? it would be just like the pokemon cartoon. if you want to be a trainer, you go around and train, i guess. instead of having to follow a designed storyline with certain dialogue scripts, you could either type to others, or choose dialogue from a list of phrases. i'm not sure which will be the case for this game,... lol i really don't know much about programming.

but i do know how to use photoshop very well, and if you ever need someone who has a basic understanding of graphical user interfaces in terms of RPG's, then i'd be glad to help you. you, of course, would probably have to give me some idea of what you'd like XD.

anywho, wishing ya luck with this. it's very impressive.

Mclenz

Master Mclenz
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2015
    Are you gonna put like Missions in it. Maybe allowing you to unlock new areas, shops, pokemon, and items. It'll keep the game alive the more missions you have/add.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back