• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
Years
  • Hope you did good on the exams. Luckily this means you can spend more time with Pokemon:TOA.

I noticed nobody's posted on the other forums.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • Nah i dont mind it just sends people spriralling off topic
    eslyium source is a great engine or template Depends on how you look at it, has a great community too
    but most of elysium had to be striped away in order to get this to work
    althought it help us heaps get going and to understand how everything works

any way exams are finished and im back working on it right now.
    ive just finished something i had comepletely forgotten about

the part were your pokemon learns new moves i just finished that only took me an hour

but what i really need is some help
    so im look ing for peopme with at least half a brain to do some really important but slightly boring work for me that needs to be done its all data entry stuff, poemon base experience bas stats etc
    and the second job is more data ebtry which is weakness resistance stuff
    and the 3rd is well move data entry which is adding in moves, ie move name power accuracy movetype etc

so if you think you think you can help PM me on thesse forums and tell my which job you want to do and i will be really gratefull and i will email you al lthe info which just needs to be rearanged into a way in which PTOA's engine will recognise

thanks
    ~Blacksprite
    PS: forgive the spelling errors

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
  • but what i really need is some help
    so im look ing for peopme with at least half a brain to do some really important but slightly boring work for me that needs to be done its all data entry stuff, poemon base experience bas stats etc
    and the second job is more data ebtry which is weakness resistance stuff
    and the 3rd is well move data entry which is adding in moves, ie move name power accuracy movetype etc

Hmm..... Do I need to download anything to help you? I'll help in any way (and I hope it's not just beautiful posts).I can do the Weakness/resistance stuff for ya. Just.... I'll get a typechart and zoom through it.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • Hmm..... Do I need to download anything to help you? I'll help in any way (and I hope it's not just beautiful posts).I can do the Weakness/resistance stuff for ya. Just.... I'll get a typechart and zoom through it.

Nope you dont need to download anything
    and i'll send you the type match up and what to do with it
    if you can email me on
    [email protected]

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • I'll just guess here... I'll send a document with every pokemon and their weakness/resistance on it?

Thats not really what i wanted done
    i already have all that information
    i need it to be rearange into a format like this

for example
    Case 0
    If enpkmntype1 = 10 And enpkmntype2 = 3 Or enpkmntype1 = 3 And enpkmntype2 = 10 Then
    weakresist = 0.5
    End If
    if ...

Case 0 is if the move type is normal ie a normal type move

you no what never mind i'll do the weakness resistance stuff
    it was getting quite complicated
    still if you want to help input pokemon or input moves let me know

Last edited:

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
  • O________o

Woah, I was just baffled completely. Hah, I guess that means that I won't be able to help much. >_>. I'm sorry I can't do the type thing, because that takes time off the release. Can you show me a list of what's done in the battle system and overall?

Oh, and I'm sorry I can't do that stuff, but I can't program to save my life.... Well, possibly.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • Thats ok it was a pretty repitive task copy pasting changing numbers
    i have finished the weakness resistance stuff for all of the enemys possable types even all the combinations like dark/ghost

so one less thing to do
    i'll post what is left to do and in the order i want to do them in

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
  • Okay. Considering the size of the battle system, why don't you put a bar showing its completion,like:

|=10%
    [||||| ]50% complete

Or simpler. If you're almost done with the battle system, then I must say,

Everything should be a bit easier from now on. not TOO easy, though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back