• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hmm.. another reference to tibia, :P In tibia, those type of events are called raids, like, while playing, a message to everyone who is playing would say like, "The orcs are heading towards Venore!" Then about 10 minutes later, it would say,"The first swarm of orcs have breached the castle walls!" and about 100 or so orcs/orc spearman/orc warlords/orc berserkers etc. would spawn in venore. And then it would be repeated twice more, and then the final one would be like,"The last swarm of orcs are being lead by a Banshee!", then hundreds more orcs, and a banshee would spawn in the city.

These events happen weekly/daily, and sometimes 3 in one day. It's fun, but I'm not sure how you would implement it into this game, as it's pokemon, not Tibia.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • There should be destructive events like when:

-Team Rocket is robbing the Bank!
    Stop Team Rocket in 10 minutes or they will steal half of your saved money!

Or just a mass on team rocket trying to take over saffron again

-*Earthquake*
    Pokemon are on the loose in the town!
    Stop all of them in 20 minutes or the town will be destroyed and closed for an hour.

-*Fire*
    There's buildings on Fire!
    Trainers with Water Pokemon get inside the buildings and defeat all the fire pokemon inside causing the trouble!

-Kecleon
    There are Kecleon on the loose!
    Find them and try to catch them!
    By The Way, they're invisible.

How about it?

all good ideas we already have some ourselves but im sure thesse will contribute in game
    we plan to plan thesses events fornightly we will know whats happening but obviously the users wont
    same with weather that will be planned on a weekly basis but my change daily weather forecasts are not always right

Hmm.. another reference to tibia, :P In tibia, those type of events are called raids, like, while playing, a message to everyone who is playing would say like, "The orcs are heading towards Venore!" Then about 10 minutes later, it would say,"The first swarm of orcs have breached the castle walls!" and about 100 or so orcs/orc spearman/orc warlords/orc berserkers etc. would spawn in venore. And then it would be repeated twice more, and then the final one would be like,"The last swarm of orcs are being lead by a Banshee!", then hundreds more orcs, and a banshee would spawn in the city.

These events happen weekly/daily, and sometimes 3 in one day. It's fun, but I'm not sure how you would implement it into this game, as it's pokemon, not Tibia.

We have ideas and im sure we can find ways to incorporate the idea in the game

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    What about a battle tower, would that be hard to implement? Like just send a message to everybody "if youre planning on entering the battle tower challenge you got like 1 hour to report to the battle tower " Have it split into 2 catogories like under lvl 50 and up to 100 or somethin like that, everybody thats gonna play enters, lock the signups, and have them battle eachother randomly in single elimination until theres only 4 left, postpone the semi-finals and finals to advertise and draw in big crowds to watch wait........can you watch battles? It would be easy to just have everybody in the dome see text right? or if everybody in the dome sees the same thing one of the trainer sees (not their remaining pokemon) that way you wont have to make new sprites for people to watch, or you could use the pokemon Icons for that too iono. And have them like every.....month or 2 so to make it like an accomplishment and give people that loose a chance to re-train their teams. Thats my bright idea for the month

peace

Shadez

-
    Years
  • just one question blacksprite you where talking about weather but does it has any effect ont the game play idont mean like when it snows you have ice pokemon or something but more like with a hard wind you will go slower than normal or with a really hot day you have a hydration meter above you and you need to drink water to refill it

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • just one question blacksprite you where talking about weather but does it has any effect ont the game play idont mean like when it snows you have ice pokemon or something but more like with a hard wind you will go slower than normal or with a really hot day you have a hydration meter above you and you need to drink water to refill it

interesting. weather affecting battle. will this be implemented?

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years

Nothing to that degree
    it doesn't snow much in kanto
    but i guess it could be a rare weather effect
    rain will effect the chance of certain Pokemon appearing
    the tile set as in the world around you
    and battles
    slow down boats at sea if the rain is intense enough
    im not just having one type of rain im using an intensity thing
    for bigger or small storms or just drizzle
    and it wont suddenly appear it will slowly come on

interesting. weather affecting battle. will this be implemented?
    It is already implemented i probably did it in the last month
    when i was tweaking all the moves some moves bring on rain and sand storms and all that
    so it was pretty easy to add over world weather in at that time
    kill two birds with one stone if you know what i mean

edit:
    im heading off on holiday for 2 weeks to Aussie
    i need a break
    i'll be back refreshed and with some new ideas im sure

Last edited:

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • neat. it's a little warm there at the time, isn't it? XD either way, hope you enjoy it.

yea aussie hits about 30+ dregrees

thats why i like New Zealand we hit a max of 28
    int some more colder areas we get about -1 as the lowest
    in winter

But yes i leave on Tuesday which is tomorrow for me but might be a couple of days for the people who have a greater time difference

But when i get back i will get straight back into it
    and catch up with school work too
    and enterprise studies
    which whitesprite will have everything up to date by the time i get back

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
  • Hmm.... For the destructive events, you'd have to use Pokemon icons to show where they are so a beginner doesn't run into a level 42 Pokemon, they could choose a lower level one. I'd hate to begin and be caught in that event where level 83 Pokemon could randomly attack, I'd rather look for a lower level one.

userpr

Quilava Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    I'm glad your planning on keeping EV's and IV's in afffect but is level up system going to be same? Also what about the trading evolution pokes? Hopefully when the first release comes out my computer will be able to run it.

P.S. Sorry if any of my questions were asked before.

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
  • I think he'll add trade evos, but another way to get the Pokemon to evolve, since you don't want someone running off with your level 67 Alakazam.

EVs and IVs have been implanted, I believe. And yes, you can talk to other players, and there's no restrictions to what you can say (ex: sidebar you click and click on Hi to say Hi, and you can only use those), expect for censors.

I wish you could use a WarRock censor, where even if you put a . between a letter in the word it still says the censored word.

I was looking at Samson's sprites (wow, they were amazing) and I thought, IF we were doing more regions (I know we might not), we could add the region Samson's sprites are in. It's just an idea, and I don't know if it's a good one. I thought it was. ;-;

EDIT: Why do I always get first post on a new page? O_o

Samson

Years
  • I was looking at Samson's sprites (wow, they were amazing) and I thought, IF we were doing more regions (I know we might not), we could add the region Samson's sprites are in. It's just an idea, and I don't know if it's a good one. I thought it was. ;-;

EDIT: Why do I always get first post on a new page? O_o

well thanks, but that's never going to happen ._. this MMORPG is going to maintain its professionalism, and adding fakemon to it would certaintly destroy that. hacks on the other hand... sure. google ChaosBlack XD

and umm, maybe you should change the posts per page count to be higher. it's much easier at 40 posts in a page.

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
  • Hey, sorry we havent replied... Blacksp and Geo are in Aussie (completely different reasons, Blacksp is on a (well earned) holiday and Geo is looking at career options and stuff...) and I went to Wellington (capital of NZ) for the past 5 days, moving my sister into her uni flat...

ok then, start with the replies..:

I think he'll add trade evos, but another way to get the Pokemon to evolve, since you don't want someone running off with your level 67 Alakazam.

No, if you want to evolve these pokemon you must trade with someone... there are ways of being safe in this process...
    • Trade with someone you know so if they steal off with your pokemon, you can smack them over if they dont trade back
    • Trade for another pokemon equally as valuable to the other person (dont trade a level 67 alakazam for a level 2 weedle)

I wish you could use a WarRock censor, where even if you put a . between a letter in the word it still says the censored word.

thats what the swear filter does... and it's list is growing by the day

I was looking at Samson's sprites (wow, they were amazing) and I thought, IF we were doing more regions (I know we might not), we could add the region Samson's sprites are in. It's just an idea, and I don't know if it's a good one. I thought it was. ;-;

Yeah i know that Samsons sprites are awesome but how many times do we have to say we arent even thinking of making any new regions yet, i would personally (i dunno about you) have one half-good region (although we are planning one awesome region) than loads of crap regions

Wow thats awsome! So you can chat with people online?
    Yup. you can interact in most ways with people on PTOA.

I'm glad your planning on keeping EV's and IV's in afffect but is level up system going to be same?
    As far as I know, yes it is going to be the same as the GB/GBC/GBA Games

Also what about the trading evolution pokes?
    Works the same as with GBA, as above are some tips with these pokemon...

Hopefully when the first release comes out my computer will be able to run it.

I think Geo said that most windows operating systems and most computers will be able to run it...

Last edited:

Samson

Years
  • concerning pokemon trading for evolving: this will definitely be something that people will struggle with and really, will be annoyance for the staff considering many will complain about some person having stole their pokemon against their trading terms.

a solution: professional traders lol. trainers can pay certain professionals for a small (or big, w/e :D) fee to trade their pokemon to evolve. if a person needs a certain item to evolve their pokemon (seadra + dragon scale = kingra), professional traders will have those items in their stock of trading supplies and will charge people not only for the items, but for the service. XD i know this seems a little over the top, but i think it's an awesome solution to what will be a heavily occuring problem.

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    ^^^what if the professional trader just jacks both of them lol

How about a trade station in the pokemon centers. I mean you go in with whoever youre trading with, it ask you a simple question "tradeback or no tradeback" neither of the people can leave the room until the conditions of the trade are met.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back