• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pkmn_knight

A Knight Of Pokemon
    Years
    how do i know. wait how does anyone know?
    Black and whitesprite doesnt even know.
    Anyway Cant you just stop posting and start posting questions not just how lon till them game is out. I wanna test .. well boo who for you.
    Right Black or WhiteSprite
    or whoever else is workin on this thing. can i have a list of the coding things needing to be done. So i can see how long till i can ask the question i love .Can i be a mapper?. Well any new news

Dudedude

I am the Johto Man
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    I am following this thread cause..a pokemon mmorpg will be AWESOME!!

Gd luck guys!Its tough, I know but hang in there!

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    I didn't get to play, I helped with the moves, but I didn't get to play, oh well, waiting for your next test! Keep it up!

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    ... Um... Wow, I made a huge mistake, sorry, I guess I shoulda known that the Beta hasn't been released, dam... I thought they were gonna release one that was just a battle demo.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    i usually stalk random threads on random forums when i think i like them. I think i like this which is why i joined =D. I use game maker actually and i once tried making a pokemon game....you guys must have alot of patience to do one. Programing all thoughs 151 pokemon...wow. Yea i understand why you dont wanna do all regions just yet.
    Good Luck with this i will keep an eye on it.

Demyx

I can see my house from here
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2007
    Hey... I have been watching this for about a few weeks and I love the look of the game so far. I have quite a few ideas myself... But I don't really think they are any good. I have a few questions:

1) If all 151 of the first pokemon are in there, how do you get a mew or a mewtwo, would it be a lottery or something? I thought I heard you say the game when done will have only 3 or so towns

2) How would the housing for the apartments work? Would you be able to visit other people's apartments?

Sorry if those have been answered before, but I don't really want to search through the 30 pages I haven't read already. I'll be following along with this game as often as I can... I've already told about 20 kids.

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
    >___________<

I HATE when people ask a question that's been awnsered 599 TIMES!!!!

You don't get to play because THE GAME IS NOT FINISHED. Wait, let's let you play. Oh, I'm sorry you're STUCK IN THE MIDDLE OF A GIANT WHITE SCREEN. That's what the game would look like if they released it right now. You know why?

THEY DIDN'T GET TO A POINT WHERE THEY CAN MAKE A PUBLIC RELEASE!!!

Nobody else can play (except for the devs, and even they can't do much, I wouldn't be suprised if all they had was a grass field with a tiny lake and house), wait until it's finished.

Even if I say this, I won't be suprised to see the next post saying

'hi is it done? if not can i beta test?'

Look, you've made me mad, and now I see no point in looking at this topic if all there is is "CAN I PLAY PLZ?" posts.

Anyway, this game will be released, I don't know when, but it will (If it's taken half a year to finish half, it shouldn't be 1 year, might expect it may if we're lucky).

Yes, I suprised myself at how angry I got.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    search the thread using the "search this thread" function for answers to your questions.

for instance, if you want answers on housing, search "housing". that doesn't sound too hard does it? i don't think it does, but just for the fun of it, i'm going to search this thread for "hard" XD

Pkmn_knight

A Knight Of Pokemon
    Years
    hmmm im going to try that. Im going to search tester. hehehaa.
    Blaz who are you aiming the post at. Cos that gareth person was a tester for Blacksprite.
    Do you read all of the posts. And having caps on is considered shouting.

Demyx

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2007
    If it was aimed at me, he didn't read the post I wrote. Well, I bet the overall idea of a Pokemon MMO would appeal to most of my friends, plus I know about 30 or so people that would be interested in playing this game. 20 (as I already said) are watching this game as guests and about 3 or so may sign up and actually talk about it. I have access to a lot of people.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    No the game hasn't stopped quite the oppisite really
    whites really busy but im good for about another month then i'll have to take a week off
    internet's been on and off which makes it hard to test new things
    i might see if i can just stop it checking for an internet connection for now so i can test it until new Zealand gets a decent internet connection
    its really starting to anoy me
    research for school is hard. we have to use books (who thought they still had books) i though everything was just internet now, and you actually have to read and write out the books you cant just search through the books for relavent info

anyway back on topic
    battle system is don't im just working on the nice little animations and effects its taking longer than i thought to get them right

you can now receive your first Pokemon which is great we can test the PVP battle system now
    next i'll get the npc and wild battles done i just want to get the pvp one perfect as i can so i dont have to go back and change 3 different systems to correct a mistake

Demyx

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2007
    About the game... How much space do you estimate it taking? Including all the animations, all the pokemon plus all those possible characters could really increase the size. I can't wait for it though. It looks awesome.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    a standard copy at the moment is 121mb but thats likely to decrease as that version doesn't have all the unnecessary files removed not thats a total gfx everything the exe is 18.8 mb

the download (installer) is about 11.4mb Unzipped with some people needing to download a 6 mb runtime file but this will soon be incorporated into the main download

ShadowElliot

Wooper
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    I see why the download is big.

How about Trainer Card Changes like:

Getting Badges:

1 Badge = Yellow Card
    3 Badges = Orange Card
    5 Badges = Red Card
    8 Badges = Blue Card

Beat the Elite Four = Gray Card
    Donate over 10,000 Pokecash to (Insert anything here) = Shiny Card
    Donate over 100,000 Pokecash = Pikachu Sticker

Win any Contest = Any Sticker or any Color Card Change, or a Background

Just an Idea

Demyx

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2007
    Thats a huge download! Its just good its not like WoW, with over 3 GB of space... With that size, I don't think it will be too popular.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back