• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen POKEMON ORAS PLAYTHROUGH

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    I didn't really have a particular team in mind, I more of just go along my way and if I find a cool pokemon, then I might add it to my team. Obviously with this style then my team would be completely obtainable in Hoenn only.

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
    I'm probably being a dunce but do we have legendary rules? Obviously we have the Lati's and Primal Groudon/Kyogre later on which might make the game oddly skewed if we used them...

Well, let's decide right now. Should we use legendaries? I'm of a mind with you, I think we should exclude them for now. What's everyone else's opinion?

ALSO how many days for the Knuckle Badge? Do you guys wanna just group the Knuckle and Dynamo badges together? We'd miss a battle but idk... it's up to you.

Last edited:
    Years
    Well, let's decide right now. Should we use legendaries? I'm of a mind with you, I think we should exclude them for now. What's everyone else's opinion?

ALSO how many days for the Knuckle Badge? Do you guys wanna just group the Knuckle and Dynamo badges together? We'd miss a battle but idk... it's up to you.

I don't have an opinion on using the lati's. and maybe like two days for the knuckle badge?

stzy

Years
    By the way I have just beaten Roxanne so I'm ready to battle people, I'll be on throughout today

I'm already at the next level cap, but I'll battle you on level 50 if you'd like? Up to you.

And seeing as today is that beginning of the second section, I'm going to switch out Taillow for Kirlia.

stzy

Years
    I haven't hit the level cap from Roxanne. I would be fine battling at level 50

Alrighty just let me add your FC, I think I forgot to last night. You want me to use the Taillow I just switched out instead of Kirlia, since that's who I had in my party during that section? I don't mind either way :)

stzy

Years
    I'm not even gonna add that to the wins, it wasn't really fair... I had some moves I wouldn't have had at that section and shit like that. Good battle though :) if you wanna just keep progressing up to the level 25 level cap go ahead, you'll be at the same place most of us are now (or will be soon)!

Years
    I'm not even gonna add that to the wins, it wasn't really fair... I had some moves I wouldn't have had at that section and **** like that. Good battle though :) if you wanna just keep progressing up to the level 25 level cap go ahead, you'll be at the same place most of us are now (or will be soon)!
    Just wondering is the level cap in place for the gym leaders so I have to be level 25 when I fight brawley or is it until everyone has battled

stzy

Years
    Just wondering is the level cap in place for the gym leaders so I have to be level 25 when I fight brawley or is it until everyone has battled

There's no minimum level requirement to fight the gym leaders, or players for that matter. The level cap is in place so players can't grind their Pokemon to level 100 before the 1st gym. It would take FOREVER but, without the cap, it would be possible.

Here's how I do it: I make my way through the story until the gym leader. If you don't over-train your Pokemon, you shouldn't be anywhere near the level cap by the time you make it to them. Once you've defeated the leader and all their gym trainers, you should be a little closer to the cap. While you're able to battle other players at this point, it would be wise to train your Pokemon up until they reach the maximum level for the current section, just to get that extra boost to your stats and maybe learn a few moves, you know?

In short, no, you don't have to be level 25 by the time you battle Brawly. You just can't be over level 25 when you're battling with us! :)

Years
    There's no minimum level requirement to fight the gym leaders, or players for that matter. The level cap is in place so players can't grind their Pokemon to level 100 before the 1st gym. It would take FOREVER but, without the cap, it would be possible.

Here's how I do it: I make my way through the story until the gym leader. If you don't over-train your Pokemon, you shouldn't be anywhere near the level cap by the time you make it to them. Once you've defeated the leader and all their gym trainers, you should be a little closer to the cap. While you're able to battle other players at this point, it would be wise to train your Pokemon up until they reach the maximum level for the current section, just to get that extra boost to your stats and maybe learn a few moves, you know?

In short, no, you don't have to be level 25 by the time you battle Brawly. You just can't be over level 25 when you're battling with us! :)

Okay I see thanks for clearing that up

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    By the way I have just beaten Roxanne so I'm ready to battle people, I'll be on throughout today
    I'm free for battle until around 2pm and then I'll be free to battle again probably from 6pm until midnight.
    I also should mention, I'm not a huge fan of using Legendary pokemon for battling, so if you guys choose not to use Legendary pokemon, that is a-ok with me.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    So I just got the Knuckle Badge!

I'm now switching out my Beautifly for my Abra and I'm ready to start accepting challenges for this section :)

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    So, I haven't fought everybody... are we allowed to move on even if we have not fought everybody?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    I figured I would since Danica won't be online the same time as me. Plus all my pokes are still at the original cap of 20 if needed ;)

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I figured I would since Danica won't be online the same time as me. Plus all my pokes are still at the original cap of 20 if needed ;)

Oh okay, well I figured it might affect your battle score. I don't think it would negatively affect everybody else, but I think it will affect your personal battle score against us, if you care about that.
    I personally want to fight everybody just so it feels like a group effort, not saying missing out once or twice stops it from being that, just want to make sure it's still a group effort rather than a solo adventure with a few internet comments. lol

stzy

Years
    So, I haven't fought everybody... are we allowed to move on even if we have not fought everybody?

Yes lol. I was trying to come up with a way around this, but I don't think there is. It's impossible to avoid inactive players and busy schedules, so I think we should just try to fight everyone, but not beat ourselves up if we don't get to. I re-did the front page too, if you guys wanna check out the rules section. Let me know if I missed anything :p

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    I haven't hit the level cap from Roxanne. I would be fine battling at level 50. Should I wait and just battle people after Brawley?

My pokemon are still level 20 if you would like to battle me. I'll be on for the next half hour and then I won't be back until later tonight.

Back