• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen POKEMON ORAS PLAYTHROUGH

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I think battling before Flannery is a pretty good idea, and we'll all be at level 30 so we'll have had some time for our original three pokemon to grow, rather than having another fight at 25 where not much has changed since the previous battle. I also think it will help us transition more efficiently into building our new team of six for our battle after Flannery(before Norman).

I actually have really been enjoying this slow play through by the way! I really enjoy the excitement of fighting other people through the normal game play, it makes the game actually feel challenging as I play it and it's also making me design my play through team in a competitive fashion, rather than sticking random pokemon on my team without any careful thought. Also, since I haven't played an official pokemon game since B/W, you guys are also helping me relearn competitive battling! The slow pace of the play through is also wonderful because this game is jam packed full of time wasting activities that all impact the game play in one way or another, even when I'm paused in front of a gym for days at a time waiting to battle all of you, there is a whole bunch of things I can do in this game without making any progress in the actual story, and they're all really entertaining!
    All in all, thanks for being a part of this play through with me guys, you're helping to make my first playthrough of a generation 6 game extremely memorable! :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Okay, so it looks like we are skipping to Lavaridge before battling again. I just want to point something out, we battle AFTER the gym leader not before. It was designed this way originally because each gym badge allowed you to control higher leveled pokemon. If we want to change that to battling before the gym that can definitely be discussed, I just don't want people to be battling with any sort of advantage over each other.

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
    Years
  • The badge level system only effects traded Pokemon, so unless your stater was different there shouldn't be a problem with that...

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I'm cool with fighting after the Gym leader.
    I totally just figured out why I was getting confused about battling, I was thinking of when to battle based on the level caps not the gym badge. So I would defeat the gym leader but had not hit the level cap, so I would grind to get to the next level cap and have mapped out the previous area before the next gym badge. So yeah, you're right, I just got mixed up because of where I would be in the game by the time I was able to actually fight everybody. My bad! :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    The badge level system only effects traded Pokemon, so unless your stater was different there shouldn't be a problem with that...

But when we first started this, the level caps were designed around the badges. We just modified what those caps were.

Swithdas

Years
  • Hey guys whats up! Hope everyones well, lets not let this thread die, keep talking about your adventures or anything else really! :P Like how I finally resisted the temptation of going out with my mates and wasting my money on alcohol and clubs! ^^

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Now that I've defeated Wattson, is the level cap up to 30 before facing Flannery?

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    These last few days have been super crazy for me at work, so it's been a little bit hard to play and update my status in the game on here.
    So I have defeated Wattson, and I am headed towards the next town, but I'm sort of paused right before getting to the next town. It's just a little harder to play this week for me, but I will definitely get to the next town and get the next badge before the deadline!
    I promise I will let you guys know when I am ready to battle! :D

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Pretty neat update! I got my hands on a Dawn Stone by beating my best time on a super training regimen. So I evolved "Ronny" into a "Gallade"! Pretty excited to have this guy on my team! (I've never really used Gallade much before.) :D

Edit: I just now got the fourth badge, and my three main pokemon are level 30, So I'm taking on challenges! :D

Last edited:

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    When is the deadline to get Flannery's badge?

Okay I don't know for sure but I think I have a pretty good idea of when the dead line is. I think it's July 8th since the previous deadline was July 1st on a Friday and I think we kind of decided to try to battle each other on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday since those days are open for a lot of our schedules.

Edit: Of course this means I accidentally got everything done super fast. lol

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I am SO far behind after having a hectic weekend! I don't even have the a Dynamo badge yet!
    Whoa, didn't realize you fell so far behind, but it should be fine. If you can, try to get the fourth badge before the 8th, and the level cap is 30.
    I am actually able to battle, if anybody is where I am at. :D
    I'm able to battle for the rest of tonight.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Alright guys! Today is the due date (I'm pretty sure it is), so let the battles begin!
    I'm available for battle today until about 1pm pacific, so if anyone wants to fight, just message me. :)

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • Alright guys! Today is the due date (I'm pretty sure it is), so let the battles begin!
    I'm available for battle today until about 1pm pacific, so if anyone wants to fight, just message me. :)

I?m a total passerby and following your conversation in this thread and (I hope this is not consider as stalking) being so excited to know the result of your battle.{XD}{XD}

Swithdas

Years
  • I've been a little MIA lately, sorry about that guys! Will be available to battle in about an hour, for the next 12 hours! Let me know if youre keen :P

Back