• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon - Orava Islands

Status
Not open for further replies.

King!

better
    Years
    Thanks, it was intended to be funny, well, kinda....
    Anyway, don't doubt that we won't be seeing Condiment girl again.

Also, there's an OOC thread? I'll check it out!

mizu-kun

Water Pokemon God
    Years
    A shaky beggining!

"You ready to check out these Bebay lakes?" Mizu said to Eevee while the were walking.

"Eevee, eevee!" Eevve said very excited.

"Oh, great!" Mizu said looking at Eevee, but while Mizu was looking at Eevee he accidentally ran into a big pokemon trainer

The mysterious trainer turned around and said angrily "Are you looking for a fight?"

Mizu said very scared "Umm... I dont... uhhh... know" because of the fact Mizu had never been in a pokemon battle

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
    A Difficult Entry

"Wait... Whatdaya mean I can't enter!" Chris yelled as he slammed his fists down onto the front desk. It was bad enough that he had to take a incredibly long boat trip and wait in line for the past hour, but to be told this brought Chris' patience to it's end

"I'm sorry, Sir," The Clerk replied, "But were only accepting trainers with new Pokemon."

"Comon... Can't you make an exception?"

"No. Sorry Sir."

"But what if-"

"I'm sorry, but rules are rules. You can only bring one in-experienced or new Pokemon into the region. Sorry... NEXT!" She yelled to the next person in line, leaving Chris with his Totodile, Dile, on his shoulder, standing in the middle of the room with a flabbergasted look.

Chris abruptly turned around and stormed out the building, yelling back, "You have no right to make me look like an idiot!" As he went to the door, it flew open from the other side, hitting him in the face. "Especially since I do a great job of it myself..."

Chris continued on, pushing past the trainer that opened the door. He stopped outside the registration building and sat down on a nearby bench, lowering his head between his hands.

<God... Not this again...> Chris thought to himself. Dile jumped down in front of him with a worried look on his face. <What am I going to do now?>

"Dile Totodile." Dile asked worryingly, cocking it's head to one side.

Chris slowly looked up at the worried Totodile. Behind him, other trainers were training their starter Pokemon, trying to get them to listen and teaching them basic moves.

<Wait!> Chris thought as a smile slowly developed on his face. "Dile, I got an idea."

----------

"Excuse me Sir, didn't I already tell you that you couldn't enter with an experienced Pokemon?" The clerk asked Chris as he approached the desk

"Umm... Yea. But see, I switched them out. This Totodile," He explained, shrugging to the Totodile on the ground next to him"...was just sent to me by Professor Elm. He's as green as grass"

"Really, Sir?" The clerk replied with a look of disbelief.

"Yea. Watch." Chris turned to Dile "Dile, use Water Gun!"

Instead of using Water Gun, the Totodile turned away from Chris with a very annoyed look on his face and grumbled to himself.

"Well, it doesn't seem to like or listen to you very much. A sign of a new Pokemon... Alright. Welcome to the Orava Islands."

A smile appeared on both Chris' and Dile's faces as she said these words, but as they remembered their act, the look quickly dissipated and was replaced by indifference.

The Clerk, luckily, didn't notice this and continued on. "Here's your map and your new Pokedex. Just a word of advice, though. If your Pokemon won't listen keep it in it's Pokeball.

"Right, Thanks!" Chris yelled back as he practically ran out the door.

Once outside, Chris and Dile turned to each other, both with the same 'I can't believe we pulled that off' look on their faces.

"Good Job, Dile!" Chris complimented as the Pokemon climbed back onto his shoulder. "But, we need to keep this act up if we want to keep going, so we're going to have to use some pretty basic moves, right now."

"Totodile" Dile agreed as he nodded his head.

"OK then. Where to?" Chris pulled out his map and began looking at the possible destinations. However, before he could decide, a strong gust of wind blew it out of his hands.

"I guess we're going this way." Chris sighed, as the two ran west after the map.

Last edited:

mizu-kun

Water Pokemon God
    Years
    "Come on man i really dont want to battle... Im just trying to get to the lakes" Mizu said to the big trainer

"Allright," the trainer said, "but next time you bump into me im gonna eat your lunch!"

"But i dont have any lunch" Mizu was a little confused

"JUST GO!!!" the trainer yelled

"Okay!" Mizu ran off with Eevee right behind him

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
    @Wolfsrain - haha, silly admissions people... well played Chris! Like the explanation, I never would have thought of that. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

@ Mizu-kun - The posts are fine, but in future rather than post lots of short posts can you combine a couple of posts to make them longer. Cheers.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Tyson had held his breath as the woman at the counter scanned the strange ID on the letter he had been given that stated he was invited to a new and interesting league. He had read the letter dozens of times, each time his excitement growing. When the woman had welcomed him with a smile, she had given a few pokeballs, a pokedex, and other items.

Once that had been over with, the boat ride there had gone by in a flash. He was far too excited to do anything but simply watch the passing waves. When he had arrived, they had patted him down and checked all his luggage, just to make sure he didn't have more than one pokemon. He had been fine with it, especially since he had read the rules, but it had been a bit uncomfortable having to stand next to a bawling cryaby complain that it wasn't fair.

"Welcome," a woman said brightly, gesturing for him to move on with a smile.

Grinning back, Tyson took his first step on the island, and the first step of his journey.

OOC: Sorry that this is so horribly short. Promise it will never be this short again.

slls81

Years
    @Wolfwhispers - okay dont worry about it too much.

Just a point guys, feel free to just start off in your first area, theres no need to do an intro post. Unless you want to that is... then feel free.. yeah cool

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    It had been the perfect day. Red had received his beginning Pokemon and couldn't wait to get on the road. His beginning Pokemon was Bulbusaur, otherwise known as Blade. He couldn't wait to battle with Blade.

He was currently walking along a sandy coast, looking everywhere for a Pokemon to battle, and maybe capture. He couldn't wait to see what Pokemon there was along this place. Suddenly, something threw an acorn at him from a tree top and Red looked to see what it was. Then, something jumped out of the tree tops. It was a....

END
    Sorry it is very short.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Tyson ducked underneath perhaps the hundreth branch after a mere half hour. He had entered his designated area, which just so happened to be the forest area. Sure, he loved forests and its calming presence, but there was something off about this island.

The trees in this forest were so incredible thick and close that there was barely any room on the ground to call a trail. So far all he could do was continually climb over fallen trunks or jump over visible roots that seemed curved and as high as the trees themselves.

Sighing as he ran his hand over another cobweb, Tyson rubbed the substance off on the tree he was standing on. Slumping against the tree thankfully, Tyson let out a relieved breath as he rested his feet. Despite being in the forest for only thirty minutes, which was still pathetic in his opinion, his legs simply weren't used to such endeavors through such a twisted maze. Back on the island, all he had to worry about was long jumps and endurance while running on flat land

A low hiss made him jump and spin around, almost startled enough to fall backwards thanks to a root catching his foot. "Dang it," he muttered as he scratched his heel. "Forget this," Tyson said angrily, jumping again as the sound attracted his attention once more. "Go, Charmander!" he finally barked.

With a burst of white light, the fire salamander appeared, but there was something off about this Charmander. Its body was of a gold color instead of orangish red. "Char!" Charmander greeted his trainer happily.

"Charmander, there's something..." he was interrupted by a loud screech, causing them both to jump. The both turned to a thick bush that pretty much covered up a whole tree. "Get in there and find out what it is!" Tyson ordered, excitement starting to boil in his stomach as he visualized a strong or rare pokemon popping out.

Charmander boldly stepped up to the plant. "Char!" Charmander barked, calling out its demand.

With trepidation, the two could only watch and wait as a figure walked out...

slls81

Years
    @Pikalover10 - That post is very close to the thread minimum, so please to more detailed posts in the future, anyway as to your findings...

Max looked up to the treetops and saw a small blue tadpole. with large eyes and pink lips. The most striking aspect of this pokemon however, was the black swirl on the pokemons chest. The pokemon was laughing happily looking down at Max. Max wasn't sure if it was this pokemon that had hit him with acorn, after all it didnt have any arms... that was until the blue tadpole flicked up another acorn with its foot and fired a bubble attack to send it flying at Max. Max ducked to avoid the acorn and the blue pokemon hopped down the tree and faced Max...
    Pokemon - Orava Islands

Poliwag
    Attacks: Water Sport, Bubble
    Nature: Naughty

@Wolfwhispers: Nice post, i liked the description of the forest in particular. :)
    Pokemon - Orava Islands

Tyson looked towards the bushes holding his breath. His Charmander looked ready to go and was staring at the same spot. All of a sudden a pokemon that looked a lot like a ladybird flew through the undergrowth. The pokemon was mostly red, with five black spots and two antennae. It landed in front of Tyson and looked at him curiously.

Ledyba
    Attacks: Tackle
    NAture: Naive

Last edited:

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Tyson looked towards the bushes holding his breath. His Charmander looked ready to go and was staring at the same spot. All of a sudden a pokemon that looked a lot like a ladybird flew through the undergrowth. The pokemon was mostly red, with five black spots and two antennae. It landed in front of Tyson and looked at him curiously. Tyson brought out his pokedex.
    Pokemon - Orava Islands
    Ledyba; it is so timid that it cannot move unless it is with a swarm.

Tyson glanced at the Ledyba, watching it flutter around Charmander, wondering if this one was just brave or too curious for its own good. "Our first battle," Tyson grinned. "Charmander, Scratch!" he ordered.

"Char!" Charmander screamed, using the massive trunks as momentum to jump and jump and jump until he finally flung himself at Ledyba, Scratching furiously on its stomach.

"Lee!" the Ledyba screamed. "Le," it gritted, rushing at Charmander before it even had a moment to compose itself.

"Growl!" Tyson barked hurriedly.

Opening his mouth, Charmander unleashed an angery Growl, startling Ledyba enough to falter, thus causing its Tackle attack to not do as much damage as it should have done. Nevertheless, Charmander was slammed against a tree.

Tyson grit his teeth. "Charmander, another Scratch!"

"Char," Charmander barked, jumping again at the bug type.

"Byaa!" Ledyba laughed, flying higher up and easily avoiding the branches. It waved mockingly at Charmander.

Charmander hissed angrily and was only too happy to follow high into the trees, claws glowing slightly. "After it!" Tyson ordered excitedly, trying to follow his pokemon's movent's as he jumped from branch to branch.

"Charr!" Charmander screamed, finally launching itself at a surprised Ledyba, getting it good right in the gut.

"Lee," Ledyba grunted, falling closer to the ground as its wings couldn't properly hold itself up while it was hurt. "Lee!" Ledyba screamed, charging for another Tackle attack.

"Dodge!" Tyson ordered.

"Charr," Charmander said lowly, waiting until the right moment.

"Lee!" Ledyba screamed, charging right at Charmander. It was almost there, not even a foot.

And as soon as it got close enough, Charmander smirked and fell backwards, its tail hanging on tight enough to the branch so that he was upside down and Ledyba sailed right past.

"Ley!" Ledyba sqweaked in surprise.

"Now!" Tyson ordered with excitement.

Nodding happily and letting go with his tail, Charmander did a min flip and, using the momentum of the tree branch he landed on, charged at the shocked Ledyba, slashing it viciously and hard enough to send it flying into a tree.

"Lee!" Ledyba screamed, falling to the ground, completely out for the count as it lay on the ground.

"Alright! We won our first battle!" Tyson roared with excitement, doing a little mini dance with Charmander.

"Ley..."

This caused Tyson and Charmander to look over before shifting guiltily. A few other Ledyba were hovering over their fallen friend, nudging it to get up. Finally, when nothing happened, they forced a few berries down its throat.

"Ley," Ledyba said a bit healthier this time. It gave one last glance at Tyson and flew back into the large bush with its friends.

The two were silent for a moment.

"I guess we just learned that maybe not everyone would like to battle or get captured," Tyson said softly, with just a little puzzlement. There wasn't a single pokemon on the island that didn't want to fight, but the pokemon here were apparently like that.

"Char," Charmander agreed, tilting his head.

With nothing else to do, they wandered through the forest.

OOC: So, do I keep wandering in the forest, and maybe find a new pokemon, or do I eventually come across a town? I'm a little confused with chapter 1.

slls81

Years
    @Wolfwhispers - Nice battle post... pokemon that don't want to battle? What is the world coming to.... lol

Congratulations Charmander grew to Level 7 and learned Ember

In answer to your question, there is a town called Maritime Town which your character can find at any point. If you want to keep looking for pokemon then thats fine and if you want to head to the town, thats also fine... its completely up to you really.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    "Char... man!" Charmander laughed, shooting a bit of fire out of its mouth in excitement. The young fire lizard had been doing that for sometime, and already Tyson had to put out several fires to ensure the whole forest didn't go up in flames.

"I know, I know," Tyson said with a sigh, watching the excited pokemon. "I know that you really want to battle, and that Ledyba had been a disappointment."

Charmander nodded, also a bit down that the bug type hadn't really given its all. Looking up at Tyson, Charmander grinned and shot a small flame, startling Tyson.

"Woah!" Tyson shouted in surprise, dodging to the side to miss the flame. What he ended up doing was tripping over a nasty looking root. "Ohmph!" Tyson grimbled, landing on his chin.

"Char! Char!" Charmander laughed, waving his tail.

"Think you're funny, do you?" Tyson asked with a challenging voice.

Charmander just waved him away, clearly saying he wasn't worth the effort. Turning away, Charmander blinked as a rustle came from some bushes. "Char?" Charmander questioned as he heard footsteps. Whatever it was that was coming from behind the tree was either big or heavy.

With trepidation, the two could only wait as the being finally came in view of them...

slls81

Years
    @Wolfwhispers - Charmander having a bit of trouble controlling that new ember is he? lol... he'll get it soon.

A large being came out of the bushes, and ran straight past Tyson and Charmander without even stopping. Tyson turned around to see the large blue figure climbing up a tree. Confused by the pokemon's behavior, tyson just watched as the creature began happily sucking at the sap from the tree. It looked so happy, Tyson didn't know if he wanted to disturb it or not. Charmander however did and shoty an ember at the pokemon, causing it to fall out of the tree. The pokemon got up, looking considerably less than happy at being knocked out of the tree, and turned to face Tyson and Charmander. Tyson got his first good look at the pokemon, and saw a bug type pokemon that looked very much like a large blue beetle. The beetle was nearly 5 foot tall and towered over Charmander, but this didn't seem to phas the fire type pokemon...
    Pokemon - Orava Islands

Heracross
    Type: Bug/Fighting
    Attacks: Tackle, Leer, Horn Attack
    Nature: Jolly

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    A large being came out of the bushes, and ran straight past Tyson and Charmander without even stopping. Tyson turned around to see the large blue figure climbing up a tree. Confused by the pokemon's behavior, tyson just watched as the creature began happily sucking at the sap from the tree. It looked so happy, Tyson didn't know if he wanted to disturb it or not. Charmander however did and shot an ember at the pokemon, causing it to fall out of the tree. The pokemon got up, looking considerably less than happy at being knocked out of the tree, and turned to face Tyson and Charmander. Tyson got his first good look at the pokemon, and saw a bug type pokemon that looked very much like a large blue beetle. The beetle was nearly 5 foot tall and towered over Charmander, but this didn't seem to phase the fire type pokemon.

"Let's start off with an Ember!" Tyson commanded, excited to have found this monster bug.

"Cahr!" Charmander called, launching the Ember attack with just aws much vigor as Tyson's voice.

"Cors," Heracross grunted, bringing up an arm to shield itself to almost no affect. "Cross!" Heracross called, flying at Charmander quickly, its horn glowing.

"That's a Horn Attack! Dodge!" Tyson ordered quickly, words almost mixing together in his haste to get it all out.

Charmander nodded and began to jump from tree branch to tree branch. Heracross slowed down slightly, eyes carefully watching Charmander's movements. Smirking, Heracross charged. "Cross!" it cried out. Having lived in this dense forest its whole life, Heracross was more intuned with the thick trees and had no problem dodging and swerving. With a final cry, Heracross slammed its horn right into Charmander.

"Cha!" Charmander gasped, falling from the branches and hitting each one with a painful sounding thwack! "Char," Charmander grunted, panting as he managed to land on his feet.

"Charmander, are you ok?" Tyson asked worriedly. He waited until the fire type nodded. "Good, now use Ember!"

Growling angrily, Charmander put everything into this one, and immediately shot the vicious fire balls as Heracross. "Crooos!" Heracross screamed, shutting an eye as it attempted to turn slightly and cover its body with its arms. "Cors," Heracross panted, eyes widening as it took in the sight behind it.

The tree was catching fire!

"Quick, put it out!" Tyson shouted hurriedly.

Momentarily forgetting the fight, the two pokemon stamped out the fire. Charmander had no problem putting out the fire, but Heracross winced as its feet hit the fire, but it gave no grunt of pain.

Finally, when the fire was out and Charmander and Tyson breathed out a sigh of relief, Heracross slammed into Charmander with its Tackle attack, startling the two.

"Char!" Charmander demanded angrily, clutching its stomach as it slid back a bit, nearly falling over a root.

"Cross," Heracross growled lowly, gesturing for the lizard to come at it.

"Well, you heard him," Tyson said, knowing that the bug was a boy because of how its horn was shaped, "get it! Scratch!"

Teeth bared, Charmander rushed at Heracross, claws glowing slightly. Heracross charged as well, though on its feet instead of flying. It seemed like the two would go at each other with their strength alone.

"Char!"

"Hera!"

The two met, slamming their claws into one another and pushed, grunting as they held their ground. The two snarled and glared, attempting to gain the upper hand on each other.

"Her," Heracross smirked, slamming its horn down on Charmander's head, nearly causing him to fall to the ground. In the nick of time, he regained his footing, but still appeared hurt.

"Don't take that," Tyson growled. "Close up Ember!"

Smirking at Heracross's horrified expression, Charmander opened his mouth. It was already glowing with power, and by the time he opened his mouth, the fierce fire balls slammed right into Heracross's gut.

"Erh!" Heracross screamed, falling over in pain. Jumping up quickly, Heracross flew back a bit, though its flight was agitated and flaky.

"After it!" Tyson commanded, seeing victory. "Use another close up Ember!"

"Char!" Charmander screamed in excitement, running after the bug.

Snarling, Heracross charged as well, horn glowing. "Corss," Heracross said lowly, eyes narrowed. Charmander smirked and, at the last minute, jumped right over Heracross's flying form and landed right on its back. "Hera!" Heracross barked out in shock, eyes widening as it tried to turn around and see Charmander.

Tyson grinned. "Now!" he screamed.

"Maaan!" Charmander screamed, shooting the close range Ember right into Heracross's inner shell, causing the poor bug to scream bloody murder.

"Heeeeeraaaa!" Heracrosss screamed, crash landing into the ground, taking quite a few branches with it. "Cro... sss," he grunted weakly, body twitching and looking horribly burned.

"Charm," Charmander said proudly, shooting a tiny flame out as if it were proving a point.

"That should be enough," Tyson said, holding a hand out for Charmander to stop. Once he made sure the fire lizard backed off, he brought out a pokeball. "It looks like your mine," he murmered quietly. With a large grin, he threw the pokeball. "Go!"

slls81

Years
    @Wolfwhispers - Nice battle post :)

The pokeball hit the fainted Heracross and sucked the large Bug inside. Tyson watched as the abll shook from side to side for a few seconds before a 'ping' told Tyson he had been succesful in his capture. Tyson smiled and breathed a sigh of relief. He had succesfully captured his first pokemon...

Congratulations Tyson caught a Level 5 Heracross

slls81

Years
    @King900000 - Yeah, you can start posting in for your staring area... which in your case is *checks notes* Maritime Forest. So yeah you can begin posting whenever you want.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back