• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Paper Mario Redux

After which chapter should I add my own?

• Chapter 2: Mystery of the Dry Dry Ruins (TootanKoopa)

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Chapter 3: The "Invincible" Tubba Blubba

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Chapter 4: Trials in the Toy Box (Shy Guys)

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Chapter 5: Hot Hot Times on Lavalava Island (Lava Pirhanna)

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Chapter 6: Dark Days in Flower Fields (Huff n Puff)

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Chapter 7: A Star Spirit on Ice (Crystal King)

Votes: 33 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OverlordIcy

Overlord
Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2011
    what do you mean by that?

I mean, instead of recoloring the Trainer Sprite, why not edit the Sprite to look 2D like the Koopa's and etc. They seem 2D to me, as where Mario/Luigi looks 3D.

So, RedYoshi. Did you have any plans for the badge system at all, or are you just not going to worry about that?

Also i tried using Luigi against bowser with his grass moves, and they were not super effective to him, they were normally effective. Which brings back my other idea of Making him Fire/Rock or Fire/Steel, though if you make him Fire/Rock Luigi has a SMALL Advantage as his Grass moves will be normally effective, and Mario's will be 4x Not Very Effective. But if he's steel, it's the other way around, but as they are both fighting, their fighting moves will be Super Effective, and would Mario and Luigi's "Jump" move be Fighting?

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • Quick Updates..

Well there haven't been much updates lately have there? Well heres quick one. I've changed the tiles a bit more, and of course the palettes.

Pokemon Paper Mario Redux

It's not much, but it makes the game a bit more graphically appealing. No more boring old FR tiles. Well except for some..

I mean, instead of recoloring the Trainer Sprite, why not edit the Sprite to look 2D like the Koopa's and etc. They seem 2D to me, as where Mario/Luigi looks 3D.

So, RedYoshi. Did you have any plans for the badge system at all, or are you just not going to worry about that?

Also i tried using Luigi against bowser with his grass moves, and they were not super effective to him, they were normally effective. Which brings back my other idea of Making him Fire/Rock or Fire/Steel, though if you make him Fire/Rock Luigi has a SMALL Advantage as his Grass moves will be normally effective, and Mario's will be 4x Not Very Effective. But if he's steel, it's the other way around, but as they are both fighting, their fighting moves will be Super Effective, and would Mario and Luigi's "Jump" move be Fighting?

Let's see, the Stars are the badge system, so it only makes sense for you to get them once you defeat a boss. I'm changing up the movesets, and of course, move names and types for this next release.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Wow! Those new tiles are very sexy. I really love the mountain I had them in an old hack xD. But the small boulder seems to have a little green around the outline :\

Luigilord

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2009
    I have a hole lot of sprites so ya know. I read this entire thread, downloaded sprites (including Weegee cause I felt like it), and came back. Would you like some, Yoshi? I downloaded a few folders full.

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • Updates 5/17

Well let's see...

1. Map wise, I'm just about done with about 90% of them.

2. Tile wise, about 80% done, I still have quite a few to do (I'll gladly accept any help in this area).

3. Music wise, 70% has been done, this is quite time consuming due to the whole looping process...

4. Script wise, roughly 40% This will surely take some a while. All that is really left to do are a few major scripts, IE Dojo and such.

If all goes well the Pre-Beta should be here within 2 weeks. Scheduled released will be the 4th of July.

Small snapshot of the beginning area, you will be starting off in the Barcinna Islands where the LightHouse is in dear need of plumbing reparations...

Luigilord

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2009
    I have classic sprites like SMB1, 2, and 3 objects and backgrounds. OOOH!!! I know! You should turn the Buildings into Toad's houses!!! I'll download some.

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • I'm glad to hear that!
    I hope the Pre-Beta will be better than the alpha...

Of course, you will see a great improvement from the 1st release. This Pre-Beta should have an okay amount of extras.

You will be able to actually capture your enemies, I'll increase the capture rate for some enemies, you'll be able to raise your Goomba up to a Tanoomba.
    There will be a total of 20 obtainable monsters for this release, along with 3 hidden ones, it's not much but the Pre-Beta covers the Prologue, and a little bit.

Keep note, there will be hidden areas in roughly half of the places you encounter, these will hold some items which will help you out.

I have classic sprites like SMB1, 2, and 3 objects and backgrounds. OOOH!!! I know! You should turn the Buildings into Toad's houses!!! I'll download some.

Of course, though you should tell me who to credit for those.

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • New Video

That's quite a lot of spam :paranoid:.

Well, back on topic, here is quick video in which I capture a Monkey :D.
    This includes, new tiles, music, and sprites. Keep note that there are some positioning errors which I'll fix up before the release.

dwib

I Play Sports
    Years
  • This is probably the best hack idea ever... obviously it needs fine tuning with sprites, mapping, and pretty much everything else, but shoot this is good stuff for a first alpha

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • Hey, I would love to work on this hack with you all. May I?

I am working on the main Overworld sprites... I fixed Mario up a bit, but I am still working on Luigi...

Spoiler:

I accept the offer, though you may have to negotiate with my current OW spriter and work out a deal :laugh:. I'll let him decide, as a quick note, I've already edited the Hero's OW.

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    hey is it just me or is that fuzzy in that video green? cuz arent the weakest fuzzies black?

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    dunno if its been suggested but make luigi an electric/fighting and teach him thinderpunch? relates to thunderhand in mario and luigi superstar saga

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • just in case you wanna know some glitches:
    1.goomba's back sprite is a miscolered caterpie
    2.you can walk on part of a wall of the building on the way to mushroom city
    3.the mailbox for mario's house says it's oak's lab

I'm only pointing these out so they can be fixed for the pre beta
    also, why not make the other brother obtainable late in the game. You could also make it so you can't recruite enemies until late, so they don't need to be as hard to catch. That way, you could make some enemies into unavoidable wild battles, without worrying about the player catching them. It would also save trainer slots.

Are you going to change the "cries" so they sound more "mario-ish", like having mario say "lets a-go" and having bowser grunt.

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • hey is it just me or is that fuzzy in that video green? cuz arent the weakest fuzzies black?

The fuzzy's color depends on where you find them so in this case they are in the tropics therefore they are green :P

dunno if its been suggested but make luigi an electric/fighting and teach him thinderpunch? relates to thunderhand in mario and luigi superstar saga

This has been suggested before, and it has been done, Luigi is now an electric type.

What are fuzzies?

Anyways, good job on you catching Monkey in the video.

-That sir, is a fuzzy (they can be poisonous at times and drain your Hp)

just in case you wanna know some glitches:
    1.goomba's back sprite is a miscolered caterpie
    2.you can walk on part of a wall of the building on the way to mushroom city
    3.the mailbox for mario's house says it's oak's lab

I'm only pointing these out so they can be fixed for the pre beta
    also, why not make the other brother obtainable late in the game. You could also make it so you can't recruite enemies until late, so they don't need to be as hard to catch. That way, you could make some enemies into unavoidable wild battles, without worrying about the player catching them. It would also save trainer slots.

Are you going to change the "cries" so they sound more "mario-ish", like having mario say "lets a-go" and having bowser grunt.

The 3 errors you mentioned have been fixed quite a while ago, these were only in the Alpha release (which was like 2-3 months ago O.o)

The other Brother will be obtainable MUCH later on...
    You'll be able to recruit your enemies at the start of the game, which is different in the Pre-Beta than the Alpha (They have totally different beginnings).

Trainer Slots aren't something to be too worried about (they can be increased after all), but the main thing being that there won't be too many "Trainers" since the routes don't feature many enemies at all,but I am not sure whether to add more trainers or make it so that you can fight them over and over again (which will annoy some people).

Sadly I have no idea how to change the cries, nor will they sound much like the original, (let'sa go might sound just a bit TOO synthesized), but I'm not sure how exactly they can be changed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back