• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Paper Mario Redux

After which chapter should I add my own?

• Chapter 2: Mystery of the Dry Dry Ruins (TootanKoopa)

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Chapter 3: The "Invincible" Tubba Blubba

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Chapter 4: Trials in the Toy Box (Shy Guys)

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Chapter 5: Hot Hot Times on Lavalava Island (Lava Pirhanna)

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Chapter 6: Dark Days in Flower Fields (Huff n Puff)

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Chapter 7: A Star Spirit on Ice (Crystal King)

Votes: 33 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    as far as i know pokemon cries can not be changed in Fire red but i have heard they can be changed in ruby

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • I can't figure out this Bowser sprite. His shape is very difficult to do, but I improved on Mario, made him look more like the classic Mario. I could probably do the same to Luigi... It's on a YouTube video. It hasn't been processed yet, but it should be soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8kJGYMhcSY

Looks okay, but the way he walks is pretty weird O.o,unfortunately it doesn't match with the rest of the tiles :\.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2018
    Hay redyoshi I think your right the way the new mario walks is weird. Also luigi dosn't have white overalls his overalls are blue.

tpravetz

... doesn't exist.
    Years
  • His original overalls were white... I just tried to make the way he walks look like the classic SNES Mario... It's OK though. I was just testing around...

Just an idea.... Mario and Luigi should evolve into Super Mario and Super Luigi, and then to Super Fire Mario and Super Fire Luigi... As a suggestion.

And instead of a bike, you should get a Yoshi. Like, Quick Yoshi and Trick Yoshi...

Last edited:

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    His original overalls were white... I just tried to make the way he walks look like the classic SNES Mario... It's OK though. I was just testing around...

Just an idea.... Mario and Luigi should evolve into Super Mario and Super Luigi, and then to Super Fire Mario and Super Fire Luigi... As a suggestion.

And instead of a bike, you should get a Yoshi. Like, Quick Yoshi and Trick Yoshi...

both of those ideas have already been thot of

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • No updates as of yet, though the release will have to be delayed for a bit. I've got too many things going outside of Rom Hacking to get much progress done. Especially the remainder of the week. You can however expect to see a lot more progress happen afterwards. I just have A WHOLE lot of things to do IRL that takes up so much of my time.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2009
    Gah, this makes me want to play the real Paper Mario. I have to say I'm anticipating this hack's completion. I'm new by the way, so hello.

OverlordIcy

Overlord
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2011
    Let's see, the Stars are the badge system, so it only makes sense for you to get them once you defeat a boss. I'm changing up the movesets, and of course, move names and types for this next release.

Lol i knew that. I meant the Paper Mario Badge System.

Just an idea, i don't know what has been thrown out there, but you could use Held items as Badges, only thing with that is that you can only have one badge equipped to one character at a time.

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • Replies

Well, after a rough week I've finally managed to pull through (I need to do a reasearch project for my AP Hist Class). Well I'm hoping to get this done SOON. I'm working on out how I'll get some events done since really, N64-GBA conversion really isn't easy as it sounds.

Pokemon Paper Mario Redux

Reasons being. (Aside from my poopy mapping and the fact I'm doing most of it alone)
    - I am playing the game as I go through :P)
    - I am limited to sprites
    - There are countless features which just aren't possible in this game.
    Some being the badge system in the N64, Hold Items and TMS can be used but it just isn't going to be the same
    - I am limited to animations (real big one)
    - I am limiting the amount of text displayed (it's too long in the N64 version)
    This means I only get the main ideas of whats being said.
    - ROM SPACE - This is a HUGE ONE. I'm planning on adding a lot of stuff in this game, but what is holding me back (other than what is stated above :laugh:) is the amount of space in that the ROM can hold. Problem being I have no idea how much can be used in terms of scripts. There is rom expansion out there but advance map doesn't support offsets higher than 6 characters (Ie 0x1234567).
    - My spriting is horrible >.>, I need to learn how to sprite later on...

Hey RedYoshi, this is looking awesome! I'm glad it's going well! I loooooooove the monkey! When this is done, I'll definitely catch it! XD
    Also, I just found your SuperMario and Sonic sprite thread!

There will definitely be more than just monkeys to catch!
    Pokemon Paper Mario Redux

Lol i knew that. I meant the Paper Mario Badge System.

Just an idea, i don't know what has been thrown out there, but you could use Held items as Badges, only thing with that is that you can only have one badge equipped to one character at a time.

Yea, unfortunately that is the only way I can add these badges

I love it :D Its awesome. I also like the idea of mario and luigi being in a pokemon hack

Why thank you, originality is what I am aiming for :D

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back