• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Paper Mario Redux

After which chapter should I add my own?

• Chapter 2: Mystery of the Dry Dry Ruins (TootanKoopa)

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Chapter 3: The "Invincible" Tubba Blubba

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Chapter 4: Trials in the Toy Box (Shy Guys)

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Chapter 5: Hot Hot Times on Lavalava Island (Lava Pirhanna)

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Chapter 6: Dark Days in Flower Fields (Huff n Puff)

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Chapter 7: A Star Spirit on Ice (Crystal King)

Votes: 33 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
  • Wow!
    Nice plans,...good luck on that:)
    And 1 more thing:
    Is Waluigi going to be in the game?

Last edited:

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • Wow, awesome that someone other than me had the idea of making a hack based on Paper Mario (I planned on doing one on TTYD, but forgot)! Best of luck with finishing it! :D

Suggestion (don't kill me!): How bout instead of making Luigi Grass/Fighting, how bout Electric/Fighting because of his Thunderhand ability in Superstar Saga, or Dark/Fighting cuz he's always in Mario's shadow, or Flying/Fighting cuz he can jump higher and because of his Super Jump in SPM? Yes, I am a fan of Luigi. :P

Hope to play this to the end someday! :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    I really dislike how the sprites clash in the battle scene, please find someone or a way to change those asap, they pretty much ruined it for me.

Mr.Silver

Say Hello To Nurse Barbra
    Years
  • hey i played the alpha and its pretty good....in a very good way.And i have a small suggestion,rare candys should be called 1-up's

dwib

I Play Sports
    Years
  • Suggestion (don't kill me!): How bout instead of making Luigi Grass/Fighting, how bout Electric/Fighting because of his Thunderhand ability in Superstar Saga, or Dark/Fighting cuz he's always in Mario's shadow, or Flying/Fighting cuz he can jump higher and because of his Super Jump in SPM? Yes, I am a fan of Luigi.

Electric/Fighting has already been suggested. I'm assuming the fact that Luigi runs faster/jumps higher will be taken into account in his stats... probably higher speed and attack than mario while having lower defenses/special attack etc. Just an assumption.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • Why would there need to be Pokemon types?
    You could make types like:
    Cute - for Princess Peach (maybe)
    Monster - Those Fuzzies
    Wild - The Monkeys
    Fire could be keeped

And so on...
    All you need is the the Strenghter and UnLZ ;)

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2009
    is it possible to change the rivals depending on who u choose...?
    like mario - wario
    and luigi - warluigi

dwib

I Play Sports
    Years
  • I have an idea for the types.

Mario-Fighting
    Luigi-Fighting
    Bowser-Dark/Fire

Bowser should probably have a type advantage over Mario/Luigi rather than a disadvantage so that the antagonist isn't a cakewalk. When keeping Mario Fire/Fighting and Luigi Lightning/Fighting, an ideal Bowser would be Ground/Fire because...

1. Ground is super effective against both heroes and is immune to lighting, while fire typing makes him resistant to fire.

2. Ground and Fire both make sense. Bowser has always blown fire, and has used ground pounds/earth related attacks (Crusher in SMRPG).

Poison could also work as a substitute to make him resistant to the fighting types and because of his poison gas attack in SMRPG.

Last edited:

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    This game is really awsome, are you still doing it? Anyway keep going with it, I support you and it 100% RedYohsi

Um...If you have not noticed this is not a game it's a hack...Also of course he's still making this hack, hacks take a long time to complete, thirdly that was not a very constructive post...try something like, Wow great hack Red Yoshi, maybe instead of making Luigi a grass/fighting type you should make him a electric/Fighting type because of that thunder hands item he has, also I like the new tiles, even though they are not much they still make the hack look better, one last thing for some reason I don't like the ow for Mario, anyhow I hope you end making this look very "Marioish" lol ;)

see I praised him and criticized him...

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
    Years
  • First of all, although game has a totally diffrent meaning to hack, its still basically the same thing. Show me one person here who hasn't made the second mistake.
    Second, I noticed he hasn't posted here for a long time and din't know if he was going to keep going with it.
    And thirdly, I wouldn't post any of the things you said because those things have been suggested and I know for a fact that he's changing the OWs and not going to change the types.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2012
    Its been a few days since i've seen anything new posted on here so i was wondering if this hack was still being worked on. If it is i would like to help with some spriting

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    this game is taking a while, and redyohsi hasn't posted for a while.
    is the game still being worked on?

PiplupGHacker

Keeping the dream alive.
    Years
  • I just played through the alpha, and I love the idea and everything. Also, I know its just a beta but if you guys ever need help with attacks or text editing I could help out. I am a true paper mario fanatic =P

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    I'm not sure, but I think he quit.

REASONS
    1. no posts about the game progressing for over a month
    2. he hasn't posted for about a month.

i think ot's over

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back