• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Perfect Being Delta

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
    Callie nodded calmly as Lyall suggested that they found Delta Pokemon. It'd be hard work but she recognised it as the best option. Still, training up would be essential first.

"But first, some sleep. I'm exhausted." The boy Jack was turning to go home, and as he did Callie noticed that the sky was beginning to grow light. She scooped up Archen into her arms and bid farewell to her fellow infected trainers before strolling home.

When at home, she felt she'd be too preoccupied to sleep. However, she'd barely had time to change into her pyjamas and say goodnight to Archen before collapsing on her bed, allowing sleep to wash over her.

-------​

Callie awoke with a start, her heart once again attempting to beat its way out of her chest. Of course, she muttered. I'd better get used to this.
    The dream had come again, more vivid than it had before. The image was still etched on the forefront of her mind; A black, ghostlike creature with red eyes on a white head. It seemed vaguely familiar.

Her room was bathed in sunlight now, and Callie looked around at the clutter. The room was filled with boxes which she'd yet to empty since the move here, some of their contents strewn across the room from when she had been trying to find something she needed. She looked over the the desk and had to quickly stifle a scream. The creature, black and foreboding, was staring at her from the screen of her laptop.
    Callie got out of bed and examined the laptop screen. Oh yes, it's Darkrai. The desk was covered in books and crumpled pieces of paper, all containing various information on Delta Pokemon. She must have fallen asleep whilst researching them for herself earlier that night.

Callie's fear of the nightmare slowly ebbed away when she came to the conclusion that she'd have to get used to them every night. She was absent-mindedly changing out of her pyjamas when a squawk behind her caused her to jump.
    She turned to see the fossil bird staring at her from the bed, expecting some attention. "Oh, Archen!" Callie whispered. "Shhhh! Dad doesn't know you're here!"
    The Pokemon seemed to understand as it hopped silently towards her, nuzzling her hand with its beak.

Within five minutes, Callie had dressed, and she decided to visit the lab. "The least we can do is tidy it up," She whispered to Archen. As she touched the doorknob, she heard movement from downstairs. Without a second thought, Callie put Archen on her shoulder and hopped out of her bedroom window, landing silently on the grass below.
    When in the street, Callie ran towards the lab, eager to see Lyall for any other information. She burst through the lab doors, expecting the worst. However, the room was spotless, as if the events of last night had never happened. If she wasn't holding a brand new Pokemon, she would've struggled to believe it herself.
    She sighed at the absence of Lyall and turned to leave, but as she did so she spotted movement. Callie turned, only to see a girl whom she recognised from last night, sitting in the corner of the Lab.

"Hi, Raven wasn't it?" Callie asked politely. "Did you tidy all of this?"

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    That night. Jack slept fretfully, he had had a bad dream, he woke up grunting and remembered the events of last night. "So this is what Lyall meant." he thought. He looked to his right to see Bean sleeping on the other side of his queen-sized bed. He didn't share the bed with anyone, at least not before. But he enjoyed wide spaces, his parents bought him a wider bed because his old one wasn't wide enough for his liking. He remembered buying a potion at the about-to-close Pokemart and healing poor Bean. He realized that Bean was a girl. And he shouldn't call her that. So he decided to go for the name Sillia, wich was a name of his own invention,2 it was the word "silly" with they Y subtracted and replaced with "ia"
    He suddenly remembered that he meet up with the others in the lab and start training. He put on his usual attire and headed for the lab, eating breakfast first of course. The family had only just moved to the town, about 2 months had they been in this place, in this region. And the culture, landscape, people and more were enitrely different from Unova's great bellowing cities and citymen. Apparently there was a holdiay here named "League day" wich selebrated the day that the Pokemon League was first invented. Jack then headed to the lab, Raven and Callie were already there. But everything was stacked up nicely and there was no sign of Lyall.
    But with Sillia in his hands, Jack was sure that it wasn't a dream, Callie and Raven had their own respective Pokemon with them too.
    "No, no. He must've left a clue for us here somhere." he said. But none of the girls answered. He looked through the stacks of papers. Sillia was just sitting on the desk, seemingly bored. Through las night, Jack had discovered that his Pokemon was nowhere near social, and that they had some bonding to do.
    But that was for later, Jack rumaged through all the desks and cupboards until- yes! A clue!
    It was a note by Lyall. "Hello, friends. I've set out to capture some Delta Pokemon, i know where they are located: The first lake that i realesed the orbs at. Lake Nimble. It's near Clover city, wich isn't far from here. I suggest you meet me there. The pokemon that were most prone to the aura were Remoraid, i will be fishing at Lake Nimble. To get stronger, i suggest you train and challenge Clover's gym leader. Of course that's an option, but you'll need everything you can get to fight the Deltas.

-Lyall Borovidge"

He quickly rished over to the girls and showed it to them, waiting for their reaction.

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
    Callie looked up as another boy entered the lab.
    Lyall? No, it was the boy with the Cubone. Jack, she thought his name was.
    Before she could begin to ask him about last night, Jack was rummaging through the papers, looking for something. She heard him mutter something, but didn't quite hear it, and so she didn't reply. Instead, she began to survey the area for anything which might suggest what they should do next.

Not long after she had begun searching, Jack had come towards her, thrusting a note under her nose. Callie read it quickly, mouthing the words.

"Clover City... Do you know where that is?" Callie hated being new, she didn't like not knowing where places were.
    "We really should go soon; today, perhaps."

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
    Years
    Raven had spaced out, due to her fitful and restless, nightmare filled sleep. She quickly snapped back to the real world when she saw a piece of paper in front of her. What was the boy's name? Lyall? No, this wasn't Lyall…..Jack! It was Jack and his Cubone. His Cubone was an adorable little thing. She shook her head, her long magenta hair falling into her face she had to reach up and brush it out of the way. She gave the boy a warm and sympathetic smile, sensing that he had had as bad a night as she had. "What is it?", She asked, being very polite. Flora climbed from her resting place in Raven's pack, and tried hopping onto her trainer's shoulder.
    She finally used tiny vines to haul herself up Raven's arm, and then secured herself by wrapping a few small vines around her trainer's neck, loose enough that Raven wouldn't choke, but tight enough that Flora wouldn't fall off. Raven glanced at the Pokémon, then returned to reading the note. "Clover City? Where is that?", Raven asked. She was not going to try and travel on her own. Maybe Tommy would go with her. She was calm and relaxed with him, something that happened only with Pokémon or her family, never strangers. She looked at Jack again. "I take it you had a bad night last night? You seem tired.", She said. She herself had to drink a few cups of coffee just to be able to stay awake and function.

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
    Callie fought a yawn as her lack of sleep caught up with her. She looked at the other two, who each looked exhausted; Raven seemed likely to fall asleep where she stood.

"Here." Callie mumbled, retrieving an antidote from her pocket. "I didn't know if you'd had time to heal yourself, so..."
    She handed the antidote to Raven with a small smile, before returning to the only clue they had.

As she reread the note, Callie sighed. Clover City. She desperately tried to recall the town map she'd studied upon her arrival to Shussei, but her concentration was slipping.

"Is it ... North?" She asked, hoping that nobody would take her word as Gospel. "I know that Zaffre is to the East..."

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    "Haha, new here? Me too, I'm from Unova, i'm not used to the small town they have here. But we can find out where Clover city is with my mother's map of the area." replied Jack, just about everyone who had come to the lab last night was not from Shussei. Jack let out a long yawn and said "Yeah, i suppose we're all pretty tired. Did you have that dream again? I know i did, only, it was a Pokemon this time. Strange. Anyway, how 'bout you stay here, and i'll get get my mother's map."
    So with that Jack set back towards his house. Jack saw his mother's pet pokemon outside, stretching in the morning air. It was a female Minicco named "Pretty" It had been one of his mother's Pokemon when she took her Pokemon journey. After she had done, she left all her Pokemon in the care of a good friend's daughter, who needed a Pokemon team for her own adventure. All but one, Pretty, who Jack had known fairly his entire life. Despite being over twenty years old, she was fairly energetic. For a Minicco, twenty years of age was middle aged, as surprisingly the species live for around thirty-five years. Anyway, Jack proceeded into the house to obtain the map. He was intercepted twice by his seven-year old cousin who originated from Shussei. She was staying with the family. She was asking if they would play hide and seek.
    After Jack had obtained the map, he headed back out. But was intercepted by his mother, who happened to be outside taking the dry laundry off the line.
    "Hon, why do you keep running off like that?" she asked. "Err, i have some new friends. I guess." he replied. "Oh, do i detect a hint of nervousity? Let me guess, a "special" friend?" she said.
    Jack replied to her first query with "Nervousity? Did you make that up?" he replied to her second query with "What?! Are you kidding me?! No! And even if i did, that's none of your business." he said in a light tone, but not light enough for his mother to not take it seriously. "Oh, alright." she replied, he then ran towards the lab with the map. Looking back to see his mother putting the laundry in the basket, humming a tune.
    He arrived at the lab to find the girls still waiting for him. They turned their heads as they saw him come in with the map. "You were right, Callie, it's north. Not acctually that far."

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
    "You were right Callie, it's North."
    Callie turned upon hearing her name, to see that Jack had returned to the lab.
    "Not actually that far."

"Right, so that's sorted then. We should make a move, today." Although excited, Callie was still a little apprehensive about jumping into such a huge journey. But then again, she had no choice, and she wasn't one to shy away from impulsive decisions.
    "I'm going to go home first, to tell my dad I'm going away. Are you guys going to wait for me, or will we go alone?"

CrossJHero

Kiriya White......
    Years
    After sleeping for the whole night, and rejuvenating, Tommy came back after buying a coffee to see that Raven and another girl were there with another boy that was talking to Lyall before.

Tommy was just walking in after hearing everything that has been said, he then lurked by the side not too far from Callie, and he simply listened as all of his questions were answered. He had Scraggy next to him, but he kept him quiet as he listened, and knowing that he could catch some good pokemon, as he drank his own cup of a latte.

Tommy simply waited for Raven's answer to Callie's question before he then asked his own question.

It was pulsating his mind, and it was about Pokeballs, but he wasn't ready to ask it yet.

Last edited:

DarkAngel91

Years
    Raven smiled as Calli handed her an antidote. She shook her head, handing it back. "I'm fine, thank you. I healed myself when I went to my room before I fell asleep.", she said, her voice a bit sleepy. She looked at Jack. "Ah, so I'm not the only one who had that dream. It was....disturbing, to say the least", she responded. She shuddered when she thought about it. She reached into her pack and pulled out a thermos full of peppermint mocha coffee. She took a sip, closing her eyes and sighing as she felt the coffee warm her body. She opened her eyes and looked at Tommy. She tilted her head slightly to the right, her eyes catching the light through the window. She smiled and asked, " How about you? Did you have the same dream as we did? I'd say yes, as your looking as exausted as we do." She took another sip of coffee, waiting for his answer. She was certian he had a question for her, but she wasn't going to be a bother and ask. He'd ask when he was ready too.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    "Acctually, i feel it might be a bad idea to tell our parents where we're going. Let's just tell them we're going somewhere." with that, Jack left the room and headed home once more. His mother was no longer out, and all the new wet laundry was hung. Jack went inside to find nobody, it was earily quite. He deposited the map onto the dinner table and went to look upstairs, nobody. Then he heard something in his room, a voice. Muttering to itself, the voice did not seem to be coming from any member of his family. Added to the fact that nobody was home, not even Pretty, Jack entered his sister's room. The window in his sister's rom led directly to a ledge that crossed over to his room. Last time he checked, he had left his room window open. "Okay, Sillia, i want you to carefully cross this ledge to the right until you reach the next window. Then, you will see someone other than me, i want you to go through the window and use this stick" he said, grabbing a stick "To knock out the person." he finished. He said this while using sign language. Wich, so he had been told, helped the Pokemon to understand what the human was saying. Sillia climbed onto the ledge and started moving. Stick in hand and all. Jack, meanwhile, opened the door to his room. He found a man, dressed just like the one from last night, rumaging through his things. Suddenly, the man noticed the boy and pointed a gun at him. Jack flinched. Then the man said "Boy, if you ever want to see your family again, you will hand yourself in." he said. Jack flinched further, holding his tongue. Finally he could see Sillia behind the man, grabbing the stick, she hit him in a sensitive part of the neck and he fell over.
    Jack caught Sillia as she jumped from the ledge, and ran. Surely there must be more. Plus they had his family in custody. This was bad. They might have everybody else's families with them too.
    Finally he reached the lab. "We have to run! They're here! We have to get to Lyall" he exclaimed, panting. Waiting for their reaction.

DarkAngel91

Years
    Raven's eyes went wide with fear, her calm, playful demeanor replaced by panic and terror, as Jack burst into the lab. She trembled as she quickly packed her things up. Her mind was racing, going a hundred miles an hour in a million different directions. She closed her eyes and focused her mind. She was at her best in situations like this one. Her special abilities as she called them, were at their strongest in things like this. Her eyes hardened to a piercing pink, a color that rivaled a pink diamond in color and fierocity. "Calm", she said. She said that one word, but her voice carried strength, authority, a calm that could only be described as Zen-like. Her voice held power, but she didn't use it. That one word spoke volumes. "Where are we supposed to go? None of us know where anything is, where there is safe shelter.", she said. She had moved closer to Tommy, in a gesture that would be seen as protective. She was a different girl when chaos struck. She was cold, calculating, a pink haired, pink eyed Ice Princess. She began looking through a folder near her. She found a stash of Town Maps. "Here", she said, handing one to every person there. She also found Pokeballs in a drawer under where she sat. She handed five to everyone. "I know I've done the professer's job, but it had to be done. Where should we meet up?", she asked. Flora, meanwhile, had high-tailed it back into the safety of Raven's pack.

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
    "What?! No!"
    Callie turned to run home.
    "I'm sorry, I have to tell my dad that I'm going away! I'll meet you there if I have to!"

Callie sprinted through Chartreuse, which was as quiet as it had been last night. She forced calmness onto herself as she reached the front door, walking in with a smile on her face.

"Dad? I've someone to show you!"
    Callie's heart raced, as she waited for a reply.
    "Dad?"

A cooing behind her made her jump. Jotter, her dad's Pidgeot was sitting on the windowsill, panting weakly. Her feathers were bent in some places.
    "Jotter? Where's dad?"

The bird looked up weakly and Callie needed no other answer; the bird's expression said it all.
    "Find him. Find him, and hurt the guy who took him."
    She healed the Pidgeot and it flew off immediately, intent on finding its master.

Callie ran upstairs and collected the bag she'd packed before leaving that morning, and ran back to the lab, where the others were waiting.

"They took my dad. We've got to go."

chef30

Great Scott!!!
    Years
    After the comotion, the yelling, and the apolgizes, Audrey was worn out. So was Sparx. She said good bye and headed for her house to get some rest. the next morning, she woke up panting from the bad dream of the weird creature lunging right at her. Sparx was wondering what had happened. "I had a bad dream." Audrey told Sparx. Sparx sighed with a bit of relief. The two cared for each other the minute they met each other. Audrey got ready and left the house.

She got to the lab and said "Hello!" She saw the people that were there yesterday. All except for one... Lyall. She looked around and didn't se him anywhere. She saw Jack and went up to him. "Hey Jack, do you know what happened to Lyall?" She asked him. He replied saying "I was looking for him." Now Audrey was even more curious. And so was Sparx. Jack told everyone that we should definately not tell our parents about this, and just to say your heading out for your pokemon journey. Audrey nodded and went out the door.

When Audrey arived at her home, her family was there. "Hi sweetie! You'll never believe this, but I got off work today!" Audrey's dad told her. "that's great dad!" She replied. Then all of a sudden, someone was coming loudly down the stairs. It was Jake. The last person she wanted to see when she had been infored that she had 'Delta Desease'. "What do you want?" Jake said meanly. "Well, i was just about to tell mom and dad good bye and that I was going on my journey." She replied in a slightly angered tone. "Whatever!" He said back to Audrey as he marched back up the stairs. Audrey could tell something was wrong with him. As usuall, something would be. But this time, it was different. the feeling was stronger. Audrey just decided to ignore him and said good bye to her mom and dad. Then she headed out the door. While she was walking, she noticed Jake staring out the window in envy.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    "Great, thanks Raven. We have to find Lyall, that's what we have to do. I reckon Clover City is only an hour's walk away from here. I think we should go together. Maybe train our Pokemon just in case. Bring everything you need and let's go."
    Jack couldn't wait for their replies. He had already put the Pokeballs and excess stuff in his backpack and was ready to go. He sprinted away, shouting "I'll meet you all on Route A, I'll be training, you guys should get ready."

A while later he arrived on scene, the route was calm, as usual, Pidgey and Taillow singing, although it was always the Taillow that had a more pleasant song. Jack proceeded to find the nearest patch of long grass, there were various Pokemon in the grass. Ekans, Zigzagoon, Pidgey, Taillow, Wurmple, Caterpie, even a small family of Poochyena were visible from this angle. He went inside the grass, closely followed by a shy Cubone. He picked Sillia up and held her in his arms, noting he had not caught her yet. She seemed to have split personality, one minute she was a stern and serious character, the other she was a shy-but-friendly character. Luckily she was the good persona right now, wich would make it easier for Jack to communicate with her. Suddenly Jack felt a nudge on his heels. A Zigzagoon was butting his foot with its head. Jack dropped his Cubone and ordered it to use Growl, for once it acctually used Growl, and the Zigzagoon slightly stepped back. "Ok, Sillia use Double Kick!" exclaimed Jack, Sillia finally understood him and used the said move. The Zigzagoon seemed weak, for it dropped down upon first impact, seemingly faint. Jack felt bad about making it drop down, he did not like this method of training, simply picking on innocent Pokemon. He decided to go for method #2. Training Pokemon by making two of your own Pokemon fight each other, or fighting other trainers. Jack would leave training against others for later, now he was intent on catching his first Pokemon.

King!

better
    Years
    Courtney stood, very silent for once, listening intently. According to Lyall...she had...a disease? Uh-oh. Diseases were almost never good. She gulped, sweat breaking out across her face. Would the disease...make her....ugly? She caught bits and pieces of the conversation around her, mostly just worried voices and angered arguments. She knew there was pretty much nothing to do about it...except, like she'd heard somebody say, try to find the cure. But first thing first: she couldn't tell anyone. Well, excpet for maybe Karen. She couldn't tell NOBODY. So she'd shoot Karen a small email. Other then that, no one.

She remained silent for the rest of the time spent in the lab, staring off into space. Finally, when it seemed like everyone was leaving the building, she walked back to her hotel. On her way up the stairs, she didn't bother to complain about the drab color of the walls, and when she got to her room the uncomfortable carpet didn't daze her a bit, Instead, she climbed into bed and turned over. She hadn't realized how tired she'd been - it had been a long night. The email would have to wait until tomorrow. For some reason, she still felt like she was missing something....oh well. It would have to wait. Quickly, she drifted off into sleep...

...and was almost immediately (or so it seemed) awakened by a nightmare. It was as horrible as before - the same, glowing, evil eyes. The darkness. She awoke at once, sitting upright. A tear rolled down her cheek. It just wasn't fair! She would have bags under her eyes, and everyone knew you got prettier the more you slept! Groaning, she reached over to the night stand and picked up her pink laptop, setting it gingerly on her lap. She pulled up the top, typing in her password. Of course, she never really turned it off, preferring to just close it instead. She drummed her fingers impatiently on the keyboard while it loaded. Finally, she clicked on the internet and went to her email immediately. She was surprised to see the Karen was online. She hurriedly clicked on her username and typed a sloppy message.

mynameisCOURTNEY!: Hey girl, up so early?
    mynameisCOURTNEY!: :P
    goshkaren17: Court! How's the new life? ;)
    goshkaren17: And yeah, whenever I closed my eyes that one killer clown was there. Shouldn't have watched the movie again!
    mynameisCOURTNEY!: lol
    mynameisCOURTNEY!: sounds a bit like my problem!
    goshkaren17: ???
    mynameisCOURTNEY!: Well, some weird stuff hOH GOSH KAREN SOEMTHING JUST HIT MY WINDOW!

Courtney quickly pressed Enter before closing the laptop and rushing to the window. She opened it and looked down: there, sitting in the flowers under the window, was an oddly-colored Natu. Glimmer! That was what she'd forgotten...oops... Giggling, she whispered, "Oh come her, birdy!" Glimmer chirped and hopped up into Courtney's arms. "Sorry," Courtney whispered, still laughing a bit. The bird did not look very happy with her. Squawking, Glimmer hopped out of Courtney's arms and into her bed. "Nice idea," the girl said, climbing in next to the Shiny Pokemon. With Glimmer in her arms, she finally fell asleep.

The next morning, Courtney scrambled around the hotel room, collecting her things and getting ready. She had decided: she was going to do something about this disease! So she had to find the others quickly. Fifteen minutes after wake up, she was hurrying down the stairs, her belongings trailing behind her and the bird Pokemon on her head. Nodding to the girl at the front desk, she ran out of the hotel and down the sandy street. Her trunk thudded along behind her as she struggled to the lab. EVentually, she reached the tall building - just in time to see a small crowd headed for the route outside of town. "Hey, wait up!" she exclaimed, running to catch up with them.

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
    Callie watched as Jack ran into the tall grass, before nodding her thanks to Raven for the Pokeballs. The girl with a Natu from last night had now joined them.

"Yeah... if we have any chance of beating this, we should all do some training. Archen and I are going to get some practice in, do any of you guys want to tag along?"
    Callie made to walk out of the town.
    "If you want to come with me, come and find me in the tall grass. Any of you are welcome, of course."

With that, she ran into Route A, and Jack was already out of sight. "Right, Archen. You and I are gonna need some help if we're going to get Dad back."
    A squawk above made Callie jump. She looked up eagerly, hoping to see Jotter returning with positive news. When she saw nothing but a fierce-looking Spearow, her eyes dropped to the grass that surrounded her knees.

As she stood there, a Nidoran Male ran towards Archen. Without command, the bird Pokemon used Wing Attack, causing the Nidoran to flinch.
    Callie smiled, Pokeball in hand.

"Use Quick Attack, Archen!"

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    It was an half-an-hour before Jack had finished training, nobody had appeared yet. He was about to go back when something started butting his ankle again. This time it was a fairly-sized Shinx. This one was a keeper. Jack ordered Sillia to attack it with Double Kick, but she used Growl. Intimidating the opponent, then she used Double Kick. Shinx fell over, but soon got back up again. Suddenly, it used a move that Jack had never seen a Shinx do before, its claw turned dark and it attacked Sillia with sort of an upgraded-scratch move. It hit Sillia hard and she fell over. This move was Night Slash, but how? How could a Shinx learn Night Slash?
    Sillia got back up and Jack ordered her to use Double Kick. She did so and fainted the Shinx, immideatly Jack threw the Pokeball and it moved once...twice....thrice....caught! Jack had caught a Shinx, but, Night Slash was not a move Shinx could normally learn....weird.

Jack then thought he heard rustling in the grass, then "Archen! Use Quick Attack!" came from somewhere in the grass. It was Callie, and her Archen. Jack approached, he found Callie and Archen fighting a Spearow. "Hi, mind if i join in?" he asked, willing to try out his new Shinx.

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
    (OOC: I'm fighting a Nidoran, rather than Spearow, :P I thought that Sinnoh Pokemon were almost impossible to find in the wild?)

Archen collided with the Nidoran, who charged back with brutal force; a force not expected from such a small Pokemon.
    "Argh, use Leer, Archen!"

"Hi, mind if I join?"
    Callie jumped at Jack's voice.
    "Yeah of course, but be careful not to kill him, I've always wanted a Nidoking!"

The Nidoran collided with Archen again, and Callie's Pokemon was close to fainting.
    "Woah, this guy is a lot stronger than any Nidoran you'd expect to see around here!"

The Nidoran charged at Archen once again, but this time he wasn't quick enough. Archen jumped in the air and avoided the attack before sweeping in with another Wing Attack.
    Jack barely had time to release his new pokemon (Very slight bunnying here, sorry!) when the Nidoran collapsed, fatigued from its violent attacks.

The moment Archen had moved from the Nidoran, Callie was ready. She tossed the ball in the air, and it encapsulated the Nidoran on contact. Both Archen and Callie waited with baited breath as the ball rocked from side to side, less vigorously with each shake. Finally, the Pokeball clicked, and Callie rushed to her new Pokemon.

"Yes! Well done Archen!"
    She grinned at Jack enthusiastically, but her smile faltered as she contemplated the strength of the Nidoran.

"He was so strong for a low level Pokemon. You don't think...?" Callie shook her head vigorously. "Never mind."

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    No, it's Unova Pokemon that are almost unavailable in the wild. Sinnohs are common.

Jack took out his ball, containing his new Shinx. But before he could even make a move, the Nidoran collapsed. Callie's Archen was rather powerfull. Then she caught it. "Great, you caught it. I recently caught a Shinx too, wich, funnily enough, knows a move called Night Slash." Then Jack answered to her question. "Yeah, that is funny. Maybe it just had a high attack stat. Notice how Archen was battered by it at first, but then Nidoran was defeated in a mere shot. You can conclude that it was high on Attack but low on Defense." he said. he realized how nerdy he must've been sounding just now. He didn't really look bad, but he did tend to blurt out what he knew about Pokemon from time to time. Then, Jack had an idea. "Hey, i don't like training against defensless wild pokemon, so how 'bout this. You an I battle? 1 on 1, Nidoran Versus Shinx?" he said. Enthusiastic to try out a new Pokemon. Sillia seemed enthusiastic too, she jumped around. Archen doing the same. Jack chuckled at the sight of them, seemingly dancing.

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
    (OOC: I'm just jealous because I wanted a Shinx :P)

Callie nodded politely as Jack spoke of Pokemon stats. He didn't seem to take into account that Archen had used Quick Attack and Leer prior to Nidoran's defeat, but she listened all the same. It was nice to be around someone who was on a par with her in terms of Pokemon knowledge for a change. Archen seemed to be enjoying the Cubone's company too, and Callie could see Jack was impressed by him.
    "Archen have a really high total base stat value, and its evolution has the highest of all non-legendary Pokemon." Callie said proudly. "It takes a lot to knock down one of these guys."

She knew that Jack was sceptical, but Callie was adamant that her Nidoran did seem unusually strong for its level. She released her new pokemon who was filled with energy, as almost if he'd totally recovered from the encounter mere seconds ago. But the proof of the pudding was in the eating, she supposed, and so she prepared to battle her new ally.

"I was about to suggest the same," Callie said in response to Jack's challenge. "Get ready Nidoran!"

Back