• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon "Personification"

moments.

quixotic
Years
  • Magikarp shows that no matter how weak, small we are, everyone has potential inside them waiting to come free, you just need to learn to use it!

Rapidash.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Rapidash represents the intensity and beauty of fire. It moves so quickly that heat actually radiates from it's body.

I choose Ho-oh to discuss next.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • (couldn't have said that better myself, Kuggles! *gives a Goron Amber Candy*)

Ho-Oh represents a rainbow of Love and Peace.

hm...

Bulbasaur.

(BTW: "A personification is a figure of speech that gives an inanimate object or abstract idea human traits and qualities, such as emotions, desires, sensations, physical gestures and speech." ~Wikipedia)

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I think Ho-Oh Symbolizes the sun... (Don't hurt me) It shows heat and fire in a radiant, beautiful form which is only matched by that of the sun..
    Bulbasaur represents a seed. As you give it water and care, it will grow into a flower. It is just the beginning of a Circle of Life..
    Onix.

Sadistic Typhlosion

Mom, I'm not a stalkeerrrr-uh!
    Years
  • Just a plant/animal hybrid; a bit of a stereotype, if you ask me.

...Blaziken.

(The reason I held off on Blaziken for my first post is because I figured that most already know what it's based on. Ah, whatever.)

EDIT: Damn, beaten. >.<

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I think Blaziken has fully matured from Torchic which was cute and small. But it shows that everyone must grow up and embrace what they are given...

Bellosom

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Hmm... Onix.
    Could it be the personification of the earth? A mixture of the creatures that tend to dwell in it (burrowing, digging, slithering, etc.) and the element in which it occurs (dirt, mud, stone).

Dunsparce. Perhaps it represents that those that are hidden from the sun's beauty, do not inherit it's beauty. That's all I could think of. xD

Mew. (Should be an easy one. ;))

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Dunsparce symbolises the fact that life is not just. There are some things in this world that cannot compare to others but this does not stop us from loving or caring for it. Just because it is small, it is not useless.

Mew symbolizes a prophet / oracle. It is made up of all Pokemon and is made to lead them away from Darkness and into the light where all Pokemon can live peacefully together.

Togepi please!

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Togepi represents true innocence or early life. It has technically emerged from it's egg... but it still walks in it.

How about... Cyndaquil?

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Cyndaquil is the early stages of Fire. Small and quite harmless looking, an ember is a leading cause of fires starting.

Drifloon?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Pikachu could symbolize how something small could be more powerful than it looks...
    Hmmm... what about... Taillow (Easy if you know its ability)

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Well I'm not going to look at it's ability. Here come super deep metaphor...
    Taillow is a small bird which symbolizes balance. In the world of Pokemon there are beings so great that are capable of destroying towns and killing. But in this world, there are also Pokemon like Taillow which ordinary. It shows the innocence of the Pokemon world and how not everything is unrealistic...

Finneon.
    This is such a fun game!

STK

Char-bok-a!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 6, 2011
    Finneon is symbolic of the fact that something that's pretty average can turn into something beautiful.

Now for my personal favorite...

Arbok!

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Arbok is a long venomous creature. But some would say that Arbok has unique beauty. Arbok symbolizes how one creature (Ekans) can turn into something better in all fields. It represents the transformation that each living thing goes through in evolution.

Go, go Venonat!

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Venonat is the personification of what may lurk in the darkness. It's unruly and wild demeanor give the essence that it is deprived of civility. It's toxicity comes from it's connection with darkness.

How about.... Groudon?

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Groudon represents the Earth. The Earth is a force more powerful than anything else and changes to disrupt entire civilizations. Groudon is unpredictable and powerful.

Luvdisc.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I believe Luvdisc stands for, well, love.
    It's heart shaped body, coupled with the fact that it swims only in warm waters, is a direct metaphor for the warm and fuzzy feeling all of our hearts get when they swim in the warm water's of love.
    (Hiidoran can get cheesy too!)

I choose you, Doduo!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Doduo shows that two heads can be better than one in some situations.

Time to choose... cherubi!

Back