• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Pikachu Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Wow...all I can say is, is that this is the most epic hack ever. XD I've always dreamed of exploring a world as amazingly awesome as the Pikachu land of PikaKanto, and now...here it is! It takes a very unique sort of genius to come up with such a wonderfully creative idea =P

Seriously, though...it's clear that this hack is intended as satire, and I think it really is amazing how disingeniously you're going about it (and how seriously some people are taking this, lol ^^' ). If this were a genuinely serious hack, it wouldn't be anything to write home about - after all, if one were to judge solely from the surface without looking any deeper it's about as clever as those old graphical hacks from the mid-90's of Super Mario Brothers that replaced all the sprites with crude drawings of penises. But your tongue seems firmly in your cheek, and that's how I think this game, and this thread, succeeds - as a statement about the general poor state of the Scrapbox in general and about lack of innovation in hacking at large in particular (I saw that "hack Ruby to remake Ruby" thread too, and thought it was ridiculous ^^' ). By going so over the top in putting a Pikachu label on everything, and by presenting yourself as so very...earnest...it is truly clever. Even if it doesn't deserve Hack of the Year, it certainly deserves something for making us think about how we hack - and why we hack.

Massive kudos to you and I wish to see the epic levels of Pikachuness you can really bring this to. XD (Would you even go so far to replace all the dialogue with "pikapikapikachu?").
    This is the best post in this thread yet. I'm glad someone gets it. :D Thank you for this comment. :3

pokefreak2

I can't believe you read this
    Years
  • yay now wen i play a pokemon game i wont disbandon my pikachu even if its my starter like
    ash's quest a lvl 33 -.-

wait how do we get thru places if we need surf and other hms pikachu doesnt learn??

Last edited:
    Years
  • yay now wen i play a pokemon game i wont disbandon my pikachu even if its my starter like
    ash's quest a lvl 33 -.-

wait how do we get thru places if we need surf and other hms pikachu doesnt learn??
    Well... Celadon Department Store sells evolution stones. I suggest you see what happens when you use them. Though for Fly... you should probably try looking around the power plant. Finding a Sun stone probably wouldn't hurt, either.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    ...This...is massively retarded.
    But in a good way :)
    I have to wonder though what kind of person sits up one day and goes "I know! I'll turn everything into a Pikachu!
    Anyway, don't give up! This hack is a win through sheer monumental weirdness.

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
    Years
  • I seriously don't get it, at all. I won't even go into detail, because I'll just get a thousand blind people screaming 'This is the best hack ever' and 'You have no taste'.

I might as well take a clean FireRed, replace every sprite in the game with a mudkip, and create the second best hack ever.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • wait so all you are doing is swamping overworld sprites? you need to change the maps and add some scripts if not I wouldent even consider this a "hack"

→goon

pokémon auburn version←
    Years
  • THIS HACK IS TOO AMAZING K?
    HOW BOUT ADD IN BALONN PIKACHU AND SRUFBROAD PIKACHU?
    I CAN KNOT WAIT 4 MOAR.
    KTHXBAI.

Years
  • I seriously don't get it, at all. I won't even go into detail, because I'll just get a thousand blind people screaming 'This is the best hack ever' and 'You have no taste'.

I might as well take a clean FireRed, replace every sprite in the game with a mudkip, and create the second best hack ever.
    No one's stopping you :3

wait so all you are doing is swamping overworld sprites? you need to change the maps and add some scripts if not I wouldent even consider this a "hack"

I don't particularly care what you consider a hack. I'm using hacking tools to modify a game, so I don't see how it isn't. And I'm not going to arbitrarily change the maps or scripts just to comply to your specifications of what a hack should be.

btw, I recommend both of you read this post: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5260853&postcount=80

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
    Years
  • Why should I read a post of one of your fans, especially when she was obsessed with Pikachu before you even made this hack?

You obviously have nothing better to do than to replace sprites to attempt to make a hack. I actually respect newcomers who do more than replace sprites.

If you're trying to become a ROM hacker, that's great, but this isn't the way. Take that for whatever it's worth.

I'm not going to continue arguing over a hack anyone with a couple minutes of free time can do. Good luck with your slight edit of FireRed.

Glitch.

maybe making a comeback
    Years
  • Why should I read a post of one of your fans, especially when she was obsessed with Pikachu before you even made this hack?

You obviously have nothing better to do than to replace sprites to attempt to make a hack. I actually respect newcomers who do more than replace sprites.

If you're trying to become a ROM hacker, that's great, but this isn't the way. Take that for whatever it's worth.

I'm not going to continue arguing over a hack anyone with a couple minutes of free time can do. Good luck with your slight edit of FireRed.
    I totally agree sharp, this is a total insult to all hacks. I have been working hard on a actual hack that is doing okay the this thing comes along and pow!!! thousands of views and everyone's like: OMG HACK OF THE YEAR!, THIS IS THA BEST HACK EVA....etc. I mean no disrespect but cmon... any one with a few minutes of spare time can make this... unless you have like 300-400 different types of pikachu that replace all the other pokemon i will have to look away from this.

Years

Because she understands what this is and what it's trying to accomplish, whereas you... clearly don't.

→goon

pokémon auburn version←
    Years

I totally agree sharp, this is a total insult to all hacks. I have been working hard on a actual hack that is doing okay the this thing comes along and pow!!! thousands of views and everyone's like: OMG HACK OF THE YEAR!, THIS IS THA BEST HACK EVA....etc. I mean no disrespect but cmon... any one with a few minutes of spare time can make this... unless you have like 300-400 different types of pikachu that replace all the other pokemon i will have to look away from this.

You guys are clearly missing the point. And who are you to say what people do like and don't like? And hey, this hack delivers exactly what it says. It's probably done more professionally than three quarters of the hacks in these forums.

Years
  • You guys are clearly missing the point. And who are you to say what people do like and don't like? And hey, this hack delivers exactly what it says. It's probably done more professionally than three quarters of the hacks in these forums.
    Thank you. I guess some people are just... oblivious?

Also lol @ this being an "insult" to anything.

Glitch.

maybe making a comeback
    Years
  • You guys are clearly missing the point. And who are you to say what people do like and don't like? And hey, this hack delivers exactly what it says. It's probably done more professionally than three quarters of the hacks in these forums.
    @ Its probably done more professionally than three quarters of the hacks in these forums.
    are you serious or are you pulling my leg? like all this person did was change a few minor parts of the game. though it is considered a hack it should not be. a professional hack includes : a original story, new feature, new region...etc. and if this hack becomes hack of the year... i cant even say it.... there is no skill needed for this hack is what im getting at.

heck i bet i could create a pokemon blue totodile : special totodile edition in the same amount of time this hack has been going on (though i wont i have a actual hack to work on)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back